Khristeeanos

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Dear Botz,

In your case I suspect you never came into that place of knowing the presence of G-d in your life and were a Christian more as a title or a classification (I was one of those as well)...there are many many nomunal Christians in the world who really know nothing of a personal relationship with G-d.

Yes, Botz, those who were christian once and now are not, were never TRUE christians....AND.....those who were atheists once and now are not, were never TRUE atheists. :t2: I understand your point perfectly however much I disagree. :t2:

And.....there is no need to forgive you for your position. I respect you and your position... and you were never rude to me. :t2:

Dear Az,

There are all sorts of stories about atheists spread around. We are evil. We hate God. We really believe in God but are just frustrated. We don't love. We are dead inside.

I agree with you Az, that these sordid rumors should be dispelled by interacting with believers, so we may all learn from each other, and none of us come to blows. I am forever hopeful for tolerance.

Dear DIME Ministries,

UndecidedFrog,

You need to get off this "high horse" of thinking you know it all! 

I just saw Mr. Spock and Captain Kirk a few weeks ago on TV, so they aren't "fictional" as you claim.

He He He - - - just messin' with you. 

Hmm....yes, you are messing with me. Do you really think I think I know it all? I can most certainly tell you ...no, I do not know it all. If I did, I would be rich and retired. But unfortunately, I am not.

You probably only saw Leonard Nimoy, and William Shatner on TV....just actors acting out their fictional roles in a believable fashion (OK, Shatner is not as believable as Nimoy) so that you may believe in them.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

So let us get back to the original question.

Is there a meaning to life if there is no God?

Dear DIME Ministries,

This is just my opinion. You do not have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Yes, life has meaning, if one chooses to attribute meaning to it, irrespective to the existence of any deity.

Some people need belief in god/s to attribute meaning to life, while other find meaning without believing in god/s. I think it differs from person to person.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

The meaning of life does differ from person to person. Those who believe in God or some form of a higher being/power usually will center their life around that particular belief. And there are those who don't believe in God or another higher being/power who center their lives around that which makes them happy. Even those who profess a belief in God do center their beliefs around things that are not Godly, such as money, power, sex, drugs, or what ever it is that they chose to make the center piece of their lives.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/03/1967

When I was a young boy I knew this man that was an atheist. I can remember conversations that he and my grandpa used to have about God. My grandpa tried so hard to give that man what he had. Nothing doing. An amazing thing happened to that man. He was faced with the fact that he was about to die. That same man that swore up and down that there was no God spent the last days of his life calling out to God to have mercy on him. I find it hard to believe that anyone is a true atheist. Just my .02

Dear rancan6776,

This is just my opinion. You do not have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

That same man that swore up and down that there was no God spent the last days of his life calling out to God to have mercy on him.

Isn't it scary what fear of death can do to people?

I find it hard to believe that anyone is a true atheist.

I guess you think that all atheists are just pretending? :laugh:

I wonder how you may feel if some atheists think that all christians are pretending.

In the end, you may think as you wish. Your thinking something doesn't make it true, however it can affect your behaviour and attitude to others.

Peace,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/03/1967

you are right frog. just because i think something does not make it so. thats why i said "just my .02"..... meaning thats my "opinion".... :laugh:

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

DIME Ministries Posted: Oct 23 2004, 02:28 AM 

So let us get back to the original question.

Yes of course there is meaning to life....and many people can truely enjoy life without knowing G-d...mostly because they enjoy the things that He has created with the senses that He has given them....Such as

1.Sight....Seeing a beautiful sunset ,a person or animal.

2.Hearing...The sound of a bird-song,or a thunderstorm,or music.

3.Taste...Eating pleasant food or drink.

4.Touch...The feel of another person,the stroking of a cat or the bark of a tree.

5.Smell...The smell of the rain on hot ground,perfumed gardens,food cooking.

But they would never see these things as being a gift from G-d...just a dimension of existence...pure evolutionary chance I guess...so they would be unable to live with the joy that comes from knowing and appreciating these things from G-d.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

My father was an atheist for 72 years until he found out he had stage 4 lung cancer back in 91. There are no atheists in a foxhole! I am told that he accepted Jesus 1 week after he found out. I will see him again. I still miss him.

Dan...