• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

As I have been studying recently, I noticed a trend. The whole New Testament has been coming 'alive' unto me and warning me about that which is about to befall the gentile church. I used to only see Revelation in a manner consistent with prophesy of future events. Anyone else having the scriptures opened to them in this way? I am having the same experience when reading the OT as well. God has been speaking to me heavily about preparing for the worst through seeking obedience to all of his precepts. Encouraging me to provoke my brothers and sisters unto good works.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

As I have been studying recently, I noticed a trend. The whole New Testament has been coming 'alive' unto me and warning me about that which is about to befall the gentile church. I used to only see Revelation in a manner consistent with prophesy of future events. Anyone else having the scriptures opened to them in this way? I am having the same experience when reading the OT as well. God has been speaking to me heavily about preparing for the worst through seeking obedience to all of his precepts. Encouraging me to provoke my brothers and sisters unto good works.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

YES. scripture is SCREAMING at me that we are in the midst of the Epistle to Laodicea, and calling those who profess Him that time is short--calling to those who are strong to strengthen what remains, and calling what I call "hokey-pokey" dancers (those with one foot in and one foot out the church) to repent and return to Him fully. Jesus is either Lord of your life or not. YOu can't be "half alive". There's no room tepidity. Make a choice and be a doer of the word, not a hearer only.

I recently finished a study of Jeremiah and the parallels between Israel's coming destruction and what we are on the cusp of as a nation, as a world, are uncanny. But God always gives warning, however it won't last forever. It's up to us (the church, the body) to be in tune with His word to be able to pick up on it and know what the Spirit is saying. It a shame when I see some in the church more concerned with temporal things than on the heavenly, and I like Jeremiah--at the risk of too becoming prey (Isaiah 59:15)--want to shout, "Wake up! Turn back to God with a heart that's fully His." "...For the word of the Lord has become a reproach to them; they have no delight in it. (~Jeremiah 6:10)

With our Bill of Rights being chipped away to just a stub--with the 1st Amendment in the crosshairs--and the world economy on the verge of collapse (if not already but we just haven't been told yet)--times are only going to become more perilous for the church.

Then this verse keeps rolling around in my head, a call to strengthen MY walk and MY faith: "How do expect you to run with the horses if you can't even keep up with footmen? If you fall down in a land of peace, how will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?" (~Jeremiah 12:5) Granted, Jeremiah is about Judah's fall to Babylon, but God, because He writes history, tends to use similar scenarios to bring about repentance and/or judgement. And judgement begins in the House of God.

Then I read again the "woes" in Isaiah 5 that speak of Israel's lack of fruitfulness; focus on materialism and prosperity; desire of filling their appetites rather than the deeds of the Lord; flaunting their sin and parading their disregard of God; emphasis on secular humanism; and the perversion of justice...and I can't help but tremble to see "This is happening right NOW!"

So then I recall Habakkuk with similar "woes": ...greed/seeking their own security at the expense of others; violence; causing others to sin to fulfill their own lusts; fashioning their own lifeless "god(s)" to replace the true living God who will judge everyone by the Word, and not what "they" think god is.

In all cases cited, as the Lord is speaking to Israel His wife, He too is warning His bride to repent.

So yes. Let me be confirm the Spirit is warning to the church. My heart is heavy for repentance and I only long to draw closer to the only One who can save.

"Behold, the Lord's hand is not so short that it cannot save; nor His ear so dull that is cannot hear. But your iniquities have made a separation between you and God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear." ~Isaiah 59:1-2

Edited by Rare Bird

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

thumbsup.gif

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

In Jesus Name,

Gary

YES! The Lord is also speaking to me about getting physically to the place He wants me in. So I have a move coming in my near future.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes, it is very interesting how God has been working and revealing through scripture, especially as God has not in the past revealed to me via scripture...its very interesting indeed.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/22/1984

For years christians in my country praied for an awakening. There are often times, little glimpse of understanding, that lead me to think that His time is coming. Sometimes It seems lik He's reuniting His army. I'm concerned by the fact that I have difficulty to pray enough to obtain a greater knowledge on this topic.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,239
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary it seems to be in the hearts of all who burn for Who He 'IS'.... how can we not? Good is evil and evil is good.... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: 1 Peter 4:17

Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:26b-29

A great purging is coming.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Yes.. recently when I pray to God to show me scripture, He takes me to read Christs crucifix, resurrection, & of course, His coming..

Also, lately He's been giving me dreams..

I don't know.. I juss pray, pray, & pray.. For strength, love, to alwayz be prepared!

Thank u God, hallelujah! Praise Jesus.. :D