IGNORED

Who are you going to meet with Jesus in the air?

angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

When we meet Jesus in the air who of your loved ones who has gone before will you meet in the air?

1 Thessolonians 4:13-18

3 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words

No one, I don't believe in the Rapture

How do you explain 1 Thessalonians 4:17 for starters?

"Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."

Whitetiger, the saints will meet Jesus in the sky, but that does not mean they are going to Heaven. In the Old Testament, there's a prophecy of the return of Jesus, and it tells us that Jesus will return to the very mountain He assented from, and the mountain will divide in two. Remember that an angels told Jesus' disciples that Jesus would return the same way He left? Jesus is coming back to live right here on the Earth, and the saints will be with Him.

Most Christians have been deceived by there Church or pastors, whom themselves are deceived......they are more loyal to Church teachings than they are to the scriptures. Very few are willing to study all the scriptures to come to a correct conclusion. But instead, they relay on a few scriptures that they have assumed say what it does not say.

Yes, His return is called the Second Coming, which is different than being caught up.  May I inquire as to who taught you the meaning of scripture?

Oh, I do believe Christ will come back. I just don't believe in dispensationalism anymore. Here is a good explanation of my position about the rapture.

http://www.orthodoxresearchinstitute.org/articles/dogmatics/cozby_rapture1.htm

I personally know a couple who have been an Orthodox for most of their lives, and they are in their late 60's.  The wife told me once that nobody can truly understand scripture as it is all a mystery, so trying to do so is fruitless.  Are you an Orthodox also?

As for the article, I don't believe in a pre trib rapture either. but there will be a rapture, otherwise, Jesus would of lies when He taught in Matthew 24:36-44

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Why were they taken and where did they go?

I have hidden posts with personal attacks in them. This is not allowed, per Terms of Service.

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. ... (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

Any more personal attacks and those who do so will be banned from the thread.

Guest Bazz50

Onelight, the saints will rise up/caught up to meet Jesus in the clouds at Jesus' second coming. So both are not separate accounts. The scripture clearly says that it is when Jesus returns the saints will meet Jesus in the clouds.

And it is God who taught me via the Holy Spirit through personal Bible studies. This does not excludes listing to those whom I believe have a good grasp of the scriptures, but these people are very few and far between. I'm very wary of the vast majority of the so-called scholars out there......they are nothing less than people who are deceived and are deceiving others with there teaching.

Edited by Bazz50

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/27/1971

When we meet Jesus in the air who of your loved ones who has gone before will you meet in the air?

1 Thessolonians 4:13-18

3 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words

No one, I don't believe in the Rapture

How do you explain 1 Thessalonians 4:17 for starters?

"Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."

Giving hope but not dispie stuff

Guest shiloh357

I don't think that our loved ones who have gone on before us will be there to meet us in the air, but we will meet them when we get to heaven.  

Guest Bazz50

Its amazing how people make stuff up and actually believe the stuff they make up........its as if they have never read the Bible, and even when a few do, they pick selected scriptures that they take out of context to support what they have been deceived to believe.

....never read the Bible....

:thumbsup:

I

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Guest Bazz50

FresnoJoe, so what is the point? How does posting Ps.119:160 and john 3:16 have to do with what I said? Are you are real thinking human being, that can formulate thoughts into words? Or are you someone that has been brainwashed to mindlessly **quote** unrelated scriptures?

Edited by ncn
Removed offensive language