• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The issue is not in the correct light! This filling of the Holy Spirit cannot mean you get a little and then by request you get more...

For God is unbounded and the least is as same as the Greatest ... This issue must be addressed before the understanding can

continue! Love, Steven

Right, Steven, the issue is not us getting more of him, but him getting more of us.

yes this is what I see in sanctification... for The Person Holy Spirit is to fill us with all truth

1 Co 2:9-12

9 But as it is written:

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,

Nor have entered into the heart of man

The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the

things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from

God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

NKJV

So then if I contain error in the understanding of Scripture then I am not fully filled with The Holy Spirit

for how would fully filled with Him allow wrong understanding of Scripture? Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Steven, if we are commanded to be filled with the Spirit then it is equally understood that one can be in a state of not being filled with the Spirit. What do you think the scripture says one will be filled with if they hunger and thirst after righteousness? Why would Paul talk about how every man has received a measure of the Spirit and that we are to minister according to that measure, if everyone gets the same amount? Your arguments don't make sense in light of scripture.

Steven, if we are commanded to be filled with the Spirit then it is equally understood that one can be in a state of not being filled with the Spirit. What do you think the scripture says one will be filled with if they hunger and thirst after righteousness? Why would Paul talk about how every man has received a measure of the Spirit and that we are to minister according to that measure, if everyone gets the same amount? Your arguments don't make sense in light of scripture.

It really is more fact of reason than argument.... If the Spirit is to deliver truth to us by the obedience of 2Tim 2:15 then the degree in which we choose to obey is

directly proportional to the amount of truth we hold I will give a studied thread out on this tomorrow :) Happy New Year Love, Steven

The issue is not in the correct light! This filling of the Holy Spirit cannot mean you get a little and then by request you get more...

For God is unbounded and the least is as same as the Greatest ... This issue must be addressed before the understanding can

continue! Love, Steven

That is not true. There is a mention in the book of Acts of people that were believers, which would mean they did have the Spirit in measure, but they had not received the Holy Ghost Baptism of yet. They sent for the Apostles to come and pray for them to receive the Baptism. It is no differen't than water baptism, in that one church will do nothing more than sprikle water on your head, while another will completely submerge you in the water. There most definately is a difference. See Acts 8:14-17

explain then to me Eph 4:4-6 Love, Steven

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

It really is more fact of reason than argument.... If the Spirit is to deliver truth to us by the obedience of 2Tim 2:15 then the degree in which we choose to obey is

directly proportional to the amount of truth we hold I will give a studied thread out on this tomorrow :) Happy New Year Love, Steven

Agreed. Obedience equals revelation. Obedience to truth that is, obeying that which is misunderstood simply brings about more error in ones theology. And, of course, this will fully affect the measure of the Spirit one has, if in fact the one even has the Spirit at all. A belief in a false Christ will not bring the Spirit of God unto a man. Only a belief in the truth will. The proof is in works manifest (2 Cor 13:5, Rom 1:28-32). The measure can be seen in the size, quantity and quality of the fruit (Mar 4:20, Gal 5:22-23, Mat 7:17-19).

That said, I have had the Spirit of God in me, teaching me for quite some time. He did not lead me to understand and know the truth about Speaking in Tongues being alive and well today immediately. It was something that was shown to me when God wanted me to know and understand the truth about it. For a long while, I thought tongues had ceased because I was believing in the tradition of men rather than understanding by the Spirit of God using scripture alone to guide me into all truth. But as is always, God must give the increase.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

That is not true. There is a mention in the book of Acts of people that were believers, which would mean they did have the Spirit in measure, but they had not received the Holy Ghost Baptism of yet. They sent for the Apostles to come and pray for them to receive the Baptism.

This group knew only the Baptism of John, they were good Jews only, not Christian's, IMO. If that is true, that would put a whole other connotation and reading of that verse.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Being filled with the Spirit is not getting more of Him, He is not given in piece meal fashion, being filled is being under His control and following Him at that time, hopefully longer and longer as one grows in obedience. That pertains to the believers walk. That is why Ephesians says "be you being filled", a continuous action. Every Christian has all of the Holy Spirit in their hearts, He is grieved when one does not obey that which they know or when they quench the truth of the will of God.

Edited by allofgrace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Steven, I want to say this...I'm sorry if I mispelled your name before...And I want to say this real strong...I do not want you to move not one iota...from The Place God Has Called You To...But I want you to understand that God calls us individually to the place where He wants us to be...He may not want you in the same place He wants me to be in...and this is all based on if we answer the call and obey...And remember this too: No one person knows it all...It takes all of us...Now Lord...Please Help me...I ask...In The Name of Jesus... :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :heart: He heals our broken hearts...

continue! Love, Steven

Yes Lord...You are so good...and You did quicken my spirit with this response...Myself, not being even as good a Bible Scholar as you, Steven...Not Stephen-I'm sorry...This I understand by The One Spirit that Indwells me...There is a drawing first...By The Holy Spirit...(even just a person in the grocery store that says Jesus Loves You...you know some of us won't go to church for a very long time) so then we have this beginning of wondering: Who is Jesus? So then we start wondering if we can find out about Him in The Bible...or if we should go to a church...So we are being drawn by The Holy Spirit...The Holy Spirit Follows the instruction of Our Lord...Because Our Lord is Praying for Us Right Now To The Father...Standing In The Gap For Us-While We Are On This Earth...He Prays For Us...

Is it true we are made in His Image? Yes...The Bible says we are...And did not Our Lord Come As A Baby? Yes He Did...Does The Bible say that we at first are on milk? (While we are learning of this new way of life) and did not Paul say it was time for meat? I'm testifying of my own experience...I wanted more...I wanted a piece of steak...Not milk...Also If I have a piece of cake...Do I want more? Sometimes I do...Sometimes I want the whole cake...(ok...just a metaphor...I won't eat the whole cake...But I want The Whole of What God Has For me) so is the same with Wanting More which is Seeking...Our Bible also says: Our God looks at the desire of our heart...and Our God is a rewarder to those that diligently seek Him...

I have heard the teaching of: We all are given a measure of faith...Not to mixed up with: We are only given a little of The Holy Spirit...I have seen also Eph. 4:7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift. Not to be mixed up with a little of The Holy Spirit...

In totality of the best understanding I can give at this time...No, we aren't filled-with just a little-when Baptised With The Holy Spirit...(He is a He...A Whom...A Person) It has been my experience...Of course all this follows salvation...But When The Baptism of The Holy Spirit...When He Comes In...He gives To The Uttermost...Mark 1:8 "I indeed baptized you with water, but He (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

Father...I Pray...Put The Desire For You...for All of You...In us...Let Us Seek You With Our Whole Heart...Let Us Find You, I Pray...In The Name of Jesus...For You Are LIfe...You Are Love...You Are Hope...There are so many more books that weren't written because then Our Bible Would So Big We Wouldn't Be Able To Pick It Up...Even What We Have Was Divinely Inspired Through Some Men Who Loved You Very Much! How Do We Reach You from Earth? How Do We Reconnect To You, Our Creator, When We Were So Separated? By Going After You With Everything In me...There was one Divine Spark...just one is all it takes...Desire!!! For me...I couldn't bear it when my daddy called me sick...or the woman in the grocery store that had no hope that her daughter could be healed...Not even the possiblility...I refused that (kind of thinking) when My Bible told me that I was joint heir with Christ...that the Same Spirit That Raised Jesus From the Dead Lives In me...It's all in there...I had to learn also (as a metaphor) that there is Life inbetween the black and white words...In order to find more...I stepped out in faith...against everything my family ever believed...I had to step where I had never been before...Was I afraid? Oh my...There are no words...My beliefs had to change-In Order to Find Truth...And in going through all this I had to believe above all else that His Word Was True...That He Would Not Leave me or Forsake me...I'm just testifying...I'm not saying everyone can or will or desire or even believe that there is a Baptism In The Holy Ghost...Thank You for 2 Baptisms!!! Thank You, Lord.

Our Lord Is Alive...and in full operation today...Saving The Lost...Healing The Sick...Helping The Poor and The Widows...Opening Deaf Ears and Blind Eyes...Changing Lives and Hearts...Whew...Through Some Men (and Women) Who Love You (Lord) Very Much!!! Now for my life...full circle...Given (The Bible-to us-through some men who loved Him (God) very much)...Received (by us)...Now Given Again (by us to others)...My my...This thread does not stop giving me Revelation!!!

Loving you In Him...Kathy

Eph 4:4-6

4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

NKJV Love, Steven

I can so understand how it looks and I understand the fear of the Baptism of The Holy Spirit...Holy Ghost...interchangeable words...they mean the same thing...Having been one that did not have...and then one that does...like I've already said...Don't move not one iota from where God has called you to...

I will though explain a little more of my understanding...that is what is so beautiful about understanding...we are brothers and sisters and need to be able to talk to each other...to gain more understanding...

It was of the utmost importance that I learn that scripture teaches us with other scripture too...along with Our Pastor and all our brothers and sisters....and anything else The Lord so chooses to send our way...but I didn't understand that for a very long time-that scripture teaches us with other scripture...and then a miracle happened...(Has happened 2 times now) A specific Bible was given to me out of nowhere!!! Another words...I wasn't asking...I wasn't expecting a New Bible...and my my...The first one...New King James Version...that takes every verse that has a cooresponding verse and gives it...And the other was a Study Bible...Wow...Is all I can say...It explains alot...

Steven...My New King James Version Bible gives Eph. 4:4-6 like this: The verse in green that follows...explains it better...

verse 4- There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; (Rom. 12:5)

verse 5- one Lord, (1 Cor. 1:13) one faith, (Jude 3) one baptism; (Heb.6:6)

verse 6-one God and Father of all, who is above all, and (Mal. 2:10) through all, and in you (us) all. (Rom. 11:36)

And then this is what my Study Bible says about Eph. 4:4-6

Ephesians 4:4-6 indicates that true unity must rest upon a biblical bedrock of shared beliefs, so unity may not always be possible when there is strong disagreement over essential doctrines. Yet even in disagreement, we can maintain a spirit of unity by praying for one another, refraining from gossip and avoiding worthless arguments.

And always remember...we can agree (on the basics: Jesus Death, Burial and Ressurection etc. etc.) without being divided spiritually...We are a new Creation In Christ...Whew...

Loving ya'll always In Him, Kathy

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

"For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." John 3:34

To us we have the Spirit in measure.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

"For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." John 3:34

To us we have the Spirit in measure.

That does not mean that the believer does not have the Holy Spirit in His fullness, it only means that the believer does not have all of the gifts that the Holy Spirit could give to them. The believer takes on the divine nature of Christ as Peter says, but the believer does not become divine, what the believer has is in Christ wholly, we are in Christ and He is all we need that does not make us Christ.