MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

I left my account behind a couple of years ago. I don't get the attraction of reading every boring detail about other peoples lives or being slammed by ads every minute you're signed in. FaceBook was a big yawn to me.

http://www.webpronews.com/bored-facebook-users-numbers-suggest-site-is-falling-off-2012-06

That's one reason I never bothered getting a FaceBook account. The "fad" feeling about everyone flocking to it also was a turn off for me. The main reasons are a bit different: FB's somewhat shady sounding privacy issues that come up from time to time, and when employers started snooping into applicant's accounts. That was when I decided it wasn't for me. Ever. With 1 sole exception: if the lack of an FB account caused problems getting a new career I would set one up for professional stuff only.

Now it would seem that the fad is beginning to fade as people move on to the "next great thing."

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Greetings MG,

When I signed up for fb. I made an outline to what I would and wouldn't allow on my page..(as for the ads understandable). My page is only for uplifting and encouraging folks. It's also a way to share how proud I am of the accomplishments of family and friends near and far. I was very "surprised" at the friend request from so many of my children friends..whom I have known as babies. I'm also blessed that many reach out to me for advice concerning their daily lives by personal messenger..as well as their walk with Christ or those who are seeking. I even have a few Worthy friends on there.

I also have church family and people from the past..whom I have declined to accept..simply because..we have never had any connection other than in passing.

What I'm trying to say is..fb is what you make it. :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I deleted my account a couple years ago. Unfortunately there seems to be more deception than truth in most posts and yes , people will always have itchy ears. My heart was broken and alot of family relationships were lost. It's most hurtfull when people you love and respect believe unkind things about you. Many of my family shunned me and a couple others because of some lies of one of my sisters. I knew when she came on facebook what she would do, but I never thought they would believe such things. I guess I just had them on a pedastal . I really thought they would give me the benefit of the doubt or at least try to find out.

I am so blessed though, I lay down and wake up with more love than most. I have love that's true and dependable. In this world that is a true blessing. Praise the Lord for every hurt he has comforted....

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have an account which I check every three months or so.....

For South it is an important way of staying connected with friends and family who are all in other countries.

I prefer Skype, it is more personal when I want to talk to someone.

Greetings MG,

When I signed up for fb. I made an outline to what I would and wouldn't allow on my page..(as for the ads understandable). My page is only for uplifting and encouraging folks. It's also a way to share how proud I am of the accomplishments of family and friends near and far. I was very "surprised" at the friend request from so many of my children friends..whom I have known as babies. I'm also blessed that many reach out to me for advice concerning their daily lives by personal messenger..as well as their walk with Christ or those who are seeking. I even have a few Worthy friends on there.

I also have church family and people from the past..whom I have declined to accept..simply because..we have never had any connection other than in passing.

Hey, 2J! Maybe if my experience had been like yours, I wouldn't have gotten rid of my account. But, honestly, I had a hard time reading the boring (and sometimes vile) goings on with many of my 'friends'. One young nephew began detailing his 'exploits' on FB and that's when I said adios. I could have just defriended him, I guess, but the whole experience (for me) was a little smarmy. I see you are using emoticons too yet I can't. Hmmmmm....

I deleted my account a couple years ago. Unfortunately there seems to be more deception than truth in most posts and yes , people will always have itchy ears. My heart was broken and alot of family relationships were lost. It's most hurtfull when people you love and respect believe unkind things about you. Many of my family shunned me and a couple others because of some lies of one of my sisters. I knew when she came on facebook what she would do, but I never thought they would believe such things. I guess I just had them on a pedastal . I really thought they would give me the benefit of the doubt or at least try to find out.

I am so blessed though, I lay down and wake up with more love than most. I have love that's true and dependable. In this world that is a true blessing. Praise the Lord for every hurt he has comforted....

Wow, that's rough, ears. Hopefully the Lord will set that situation straight but, so long as you're okay with Him, it doesn't matter what others think.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,722
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I was one of those people that was slow to get into facebook-took me forever to get into it, and now that I have it, its a love/hate relationship. The only reason I got it was to keep up with family and friends who live far away and I never get to see-and I like it for this reason, and it makes a lot of things easier for me to keep up with my friends. I hate it, mainly because of all the privacy issues, and all the game updates-I dont mind reading other peoples updates, but when I have to scroll through 5 million game updates on my phone to read a real update, and theres no way to disable them, that is probably my biggest pet peave.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Greetings MG,

Hey, 2J! Maybe if my experience had been like yours, I wouldn't have gotten rid of my account. But, honestly, I had a hard time reading the boring (and sometimes vile) goings on with many of my 'friends'. One young nephew began detailing his 'exploits' on FB and that's when I said adios. I could have just defriended him, I guess, but the whole experience (for me) was a little smarmy. I see you are using emoticons too yet I can't. Hmmmmm....

MG, I'm sorry for your bad experience with fb. I too had a few family members who went over board..I just block where their comments can't come on my page..but first I said my piece about their language. As for the emotions..on the right corner..there's "more reply options"..inside it allow you to enable the emotions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i have family that are liberals but if they or any of my friends do that too much i wont bother with them as chances are they are athiests etc.