• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships? Findings from the New Family Structures Study

Social Science Research

Volume 41, Issue 4, July 2012, Pages 752–770

If you have the time and patience to read this:

http://www.sciencedi...049089X12000610

This new study shows that children of same-sex parental households are negatively affected.

A review of the study is here

(Please read the review at least before commenting before re-hashing the same, old arguments, OK?)

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, D-9,

I haven't read the report, so correct me if I'm wrong. But doesn't the fact that so many of the homosexual families end up being broken mean anything?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Birthday:  06/17/1988

EDITED:

I just looked up the source and One News Now is the "journalism arm" of the American Family Association. Long known for making up facts and studies.

Edited by Noober

Guest LadyC

i don't need a study to know that children raised by parents who are homosexual are negatively affected.

i don't need a study to know that children raised in a single parent home are negatively affected.

i don't need a study to know that children raised by swingers are negatively affected.

if a child is not raised with biblical family values, and are shown by example by his faithful, monogamous, God-fearing, heterosexual parents, then they're gonna be screwed up.

and they might end up screwed up anyway. we live in a fallen world.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Birthday:  06/17/1988

Children raised by gay parents tend to do slightly better...not because their parents are gay but because most adopted children are brough in under ideal cirsumstances.

People who adopt children do so with planning and proper preperation, allowing the parents plenty of time and money to best nurture the child.

Edited by Noober

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Children raised by gay parents tend to do slightly better...not because their parents are gay but because most adopted children are brough in under ideal cirsumstances.

People who adopt children do so with planning and proper preperation, allowing the parents plenty of time and money to best nurture the child.

People will go with what ever suits their fancy ... the bottom line is-> it is quite telling that people who support such agenda (same sex) did not arrive to be

from that agenda...huh! guess if they had their way they would perfer not to be.... Love, Steven

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

They needed a study to tell us this?

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people need scientific data to tell them the same thing God said in His Word. At the same time, I'm always delighted when scientific data supports what God said in His Word.

Unfortunately, it seems there is always going to be a LOT of people who need scientific convincing that God is right. Sadly, there are still too many people who refuse to believe in God no matter how much data they are presented with. They want God to perform a major miracle to convince them. If only they would believe God first, they might find He will do something in their life as a minor miracle. But first they have to believe Him. That was what happened with me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people need scientific data to tell them the same thing God said in His Word. At the same time, I'm always delighted when scientific data supports what God said in His Word.

Unfortunately, it seems there is always going to be a LOT of people who need scientific convincing that God is right. Sadly, there are still too many people who refuse to believe in God no matter how much data they are presented with. They want God to perform a major miracle to convince them. If only they would believe God first, they might find He will do something in their life as a minor miracle. But first they have to believe Him. That was what happened with me.

It is understandable! God had no other avenue but to place a membrane through which only He and that of He could be The Only which could pass through...

He ask us to give up all that is here to gain all the is on the other side of Him and He 'IS' the Membrane by which all must pass through... Faith is a Cadillac of Cadillacs :) Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go,

And when he is old he will not depart from it.

However you raise your child, and the enviornment that he/she is in is how they are gonna be. "The apple doesnt fall far from the tree"