• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/15/1954

When that which is perfect is come.

What is this talking about.

1 Corinthians 13:10 But <1161> when <3752> that which is perfect <5046> is come <2064> (5632), then <5119> that which is in <1537> part <3313> shall be done away <2673> (5701)

1 Corinthians 13:10 οταν <3752> {CONJ} δε <1161> {CONJ} ελθη <2064> (5632) {V-2AAS-3S} το <3588> {T-NSN} τελειον <5046> {A-NSN} τοτε <5119> {ADV} το <3588> {T-NSN} εκ <1537> {PREP} μερους <3313> {N-GSN} καταργηθησεται <2673> (5701) {V-FPI-3S}

5046. τελειος teleios tel’-i-os; from 5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with 3588) completeness: —

Adjective Nominative Singular Neuter

It can’t be Jesus because it is neuter. Don’t you think?

What’s your opinion?

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The question is about who or what is perfect. There is only one who was perfect, Jesus. Jesus, in His unearthly form, has no sex, as we read about those who are in Him: Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Now, when Jesus comes, all that is spoken of will be done away with: 1 Corinthians 13:8-9" ... But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0

hi one light, do you have any instances where Jesus is referenced in the neutar when in His unearthly form (following the normal greek grammer rules of course)

hi one light, do you have any instances where Jesus is referenced in the neutar when in His unearthly form (following the normal greek grammer rules of course)

of course anyone else can answer this question also.

I gave you the scripture. If being in Christ we are neither male of female, what dos that say about Christ? Understand that there is no need for gender when we are with God. We will not need to reproduce. If we are to be like Christ, not having gender speaks of the likeness of Christ.

I gave you the scripture. If being in Christ we are neither male of female, what dos that say about Christ? Understand that there is no need for gender when we are with God. We will not need to reproduce. If we are to be like Christ, not having gender speaks of the likeness of Christ.

I doubt very much that anyone can find an instance so I will look at the verse presented which was used to question the sex of Jesus Christ in his unearthly body.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Clearly it is talking about us not being male or female. Not Jesus Christ.

In context

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I believe that it’s talking about that man is not over the woman in this sense of being the child of God. Not that we are sexless.

"There is only one that is perfect his name is Jesus and I'm not him"! I say this all the time. Jesus wants us to look at him and focus on him. We strive to be like Christ but this side of heaven know one is perfect except Jesus Christ.

Hi whall1971,

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect <5046>, will of God.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect <5046>: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect <5046> is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men <5046>.

Philippians 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect <5046>, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age <5046>, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

And so on,

So I don’t think that you are using that word perfectly…

"There is only one that is perfect his name is Jesus and I'm not him"! I say this all the time. Jesus wants us to look at him and focus on him. We strive to be like Christ but this side of heaven know one is perfect except Jesus Christ.

So I don’t think that you are using that word perfectly…

If someone says they have no sin the truth is not in them. I am not perfect outside christ. Christ is the only one that is perfect. To say I am perfect in and of myself is just not true. And you proved my point with your comment, "So I don’t think that you are using that word perfectly…" In order to be like Christ you must first have Christ in your heart. Only Christ can make you like him. You can work all your life but without Christ you will never be like Christ. I hope this help everyone understand my point.

Love in Christ.

thank you for your kind response. i would agree if it was not for the fact that this word does not mean what i believe that you are using it for.

5046. τελειος teleios tel’-i-os; from 5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with 3588) completeness: — of full age, man, perfect.

I doubt very much that anyone can find an instance so I will look at the verse presented which was used to question the sex of Jesus Christ in his unearthly body.

In context

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I believe that it’s talking about that man is not over the woman in this sense of being the child of God. Not that we are sexless.

What purpose would being male or female grant us in our next life? Are you inclined to believe that we will be married and have families? Matthew 22:30 and Mark 12:25 "For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven." Though scripture does not come right out and say that there will be no gender in heaven, many do hint of it.

In context

What purpose would being male or female grant us in our next life? Are you inclined to believe that we will be married and have families? Matthew 22:30 and Mark 12:25 "For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven." Though scripture does not come right out and say that there will be no gender in heaven, many do hint of it.

Hi onelight,

I would agree except for the fact it is in the present tense, there is no indication of it being future

Galatians 3:28 There is <1762> (5748) neither <3756> Jew <2453> nor <3761> Greek <1672>, there is <1762> (5748) neither <3756> bond <1401> nor <3761> free <1658>, there is <1762> (5748) neither <3756> male <730> nor <2532> female <2338>: for <1063> ye <5210> are <2075> (5748) all <3956> one <1520> in <1722> Christ <5547> Jesus <2424>.

TVM: Present 5774, Not Stated 5799, Indicative 5791, Count: 1617

The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense.

Some phrases which might be rendered as past tense in English will often occur in the present tense in Greek. These are termed "historical presents," and such occurrences dramatize the event described as if the reader were there watching the event occur. Some English translations render such historical presents in the English past tense, while others permit the tense to remain in the present.