• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/15/1954

so define this one to your specs matt. 5:48 , Be ye perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. be ye mature as your Father is mature again. Please!!!! I guess next we will have to change the meaning of Holy so that it will fit your teachings be ye Holy for I am Holy

Let's reverse your disagreement for just a second.

telios is also used in Romans 10 "For Christ is the telios (goal) of the law"

If we use the current english definition of the word "Perfect" in place of "telios" it says "For Christ is the perfection of the law". That might seem like a possibility but in context Paul is only saying that the goal of the Law is to bring us to an understanding of why we need a sacrifice for sin. Because we are not capable of "perfection" of our own merit.

Do you really and seriously believe that God requires absolute perfection (no mistakes) of us? Who could live under that burden of legal requirement? Are you perfect yet? Do you know anyone who is?

In the entirety of world history and time there has been only one who was, and they crucified Him for it.

i like it, keep up the good work.

God bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I've accepted a while ago that the passage is referring to the completion of cannon scripture.

I've accepted a while ago that the passage is referring to the completion of cannon scripture.

And your conjecture is as good as any other....but it is conjecture.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

so define this one to your specs matt. 5:48 , Be ye perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. be ye mature as your Father is mature again. Please!!!! I guess next we will have to change the meaning of Holy so that it will fit your teachings be ye Holy for I am Holy

Let's reverse your disagreement for just a second.

telios is also used in Romans 10 "For Christ is the telios (goal) of the law"

If we use the current english definition of the word "Perfect" in place of "telios" it says "For Christ is the perfection of the law". That might seem like a possibility but in context Paul is only saying that the goal of the Law is to bring us to an understanding of why we need a sacrifice for sin. Because we are not capable of "perfection" of our own merit.

Do you really and seriously believe that God requires absolute perfection (no mistakes) of us? Who could live under that burden of legal requirement? Are you perfect yet? Do you know anyone who is?

In the entirety of world history and time there has been only one who was, and they crucified Him for it.

weren't you the one that said words can have different meanings, so why are you now trying to prove the meaning of "telios" in one scripture has to mean the same in another scripture, yes I am perfect, when God (who is my judge and not you) looks at me, He sees me as righteousness through the Blood, this is the only way one will get in, my friend, unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes, what is the high calling paul preached about not a high calling as an officer of the Church but the high calling of a Child of God is to press toward the mark, of perfection/holiness. present your bodies(temples) a living sacrifice, HOLY and acceptable unto God, 1 john said if any man not when any man sins, "if" is an option, God said the He would make a way out of your every temptation, also God said He knows how to deliver His children from their temptations. you have no excuse, the flesh won't bail you out anymore, Job was perfect before God, and John the Baptist father and mother was perfect before the Lord if these three according to scriptures can, then you need to change doctrines, to I too can be as God would have me be, I don't have to partake inthose dirty jokes at work anymore, you don't need to gossip anymore, and if we perfect our love as the contents is talking about then our sins will wade away also. love covers a multitude of sins

weren't you the one that said words can have different meanings, so why are you now trying to prove the meaning of "telios" in one scripture has to mean the same in another scripture, yes I am perfect, when God (who is my judge and not you) looks at me, He sees me as righteousness through the Blood, this is the only way one will get in, my friend, unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes, what is the high calling paul preached about not a high calling as an officer of the Church but the high calling of a Child of God is to press toward the mark, of perfection/holiness. present your bodies(temples) a living sacrifice, HOLY and acceptable unto God, 1 john said if any man not when any man sins, "if" is an option, God said the He would make a way out of your every temptation, also God said He knows how to deliver His children from their temptations. you have no excuse, the flesh won't bail you out anymore, Job was perfect before God, and John the Baptist father and mother was perfect before the Lord if these three according to scriptures can, then you need to change doctrines, to I too can be as God would have me be, I don't have to partake inthose dirty jokes at work anymore, you don't need to gossip anymore, and if we perfect our love as the contents is talking about then our sins will wade away also. love covers a multitude of sins

I am justifying no sin when I say that you are not perfect...and never will be while living in a flesh sack.

You obviously refuse to see and think you can perfect yourself.

That is only arrogance....proving your perfection has a lonnnnng way to go yet.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Hbr 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This has not happened yet. When it does I don't believe there will be a need for the gifts.

Gary

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I am justifying no sin when I say that you are not perfect...and never will be while living in a flesh sack.

You obviously refuse to see and think you can perfect yourself.

That is only arrogance....proving your perfection has a lonnnnng way to go yet.

Well If I have arrogance In God seeing me as perfect, then would I not have my arrogance in My God, Yes, there has been only one Prefect One, But God sees His people as perfect, and we can never be that perfect One, for all have sinned, we have already messed up, But 1 john says if we say we have no sin, but my friend to say we have sin because we have flesh, is not to say that we have to sin, sin no longer has dominion over us, 1 john 2;1 IF ANY MAN SINS, NOT WHEN ANY MAN SINS BUT IF ANY MAN SINS

Job 1:1

1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

KJV

the Word of God said that God saw Job as perfect and upright, does this contradict there is only one Perfect One, No, for all have sinned. Job had sinned and Job had sin, But God Is the judge of sinful man and not you or I or any other man , And God did not say that Job was a sinner saved by grace, but that he was perfect through Grace. no arrogance on my Part just faith in God to do what He has promised to do.

1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

That's right. Job was mature in faith.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

That's right. Job was mature in faith.

A very interesting word there. The same word was used to describe Jacob in Genesis but translated 'plain' instead.

Gen 25:27 And the boys grew : and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob [was] a plain8535 man, dwelling in tents.

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name [was] Job; and that man was perfect8535 and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

I really don't know what to make of that. But also understand the word 'perfect' there '8535' is used to mean undefiled as well.

Interesting stuff.

Gary

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

The question is about who or what is perfect. There is only one who was perfect, Jesus. Jesus, in His unearthly form, has no sex, as we read about those who are in Him: Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Now, when Jesus comes, all that is spoken of will be done away with: 1 Corinthians 13:8-9" ... But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part."

OneLight, I will preface my statement with this: in Heaven Christ Jesus bears the marks in his hands and feet, we know this because of_

Zechariah 13:6

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

(sorry for the bolded words, I couldn't change them after I pasted them.)

This is yet future.

So, also Jesus the Man is still a part of Christ I all his masculinity, the preincarnate Christ is a male and the resurrected Christ is a male. Gal. 3:28 is talking about who we are in Christ, our identity in him, our place in the church and before God and man.

Something like that.