JTC

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I am curious though. How did your Pastor know it was really God? Was it anaudible voice? Had he heard God speak to him in a similar fashion before?

Well,

That's something he would have to answer. As for me, there have been multiple times where G-d has spoken to me. There have been things that I've been troubled with where I was in deep prayer and the answer came as a thought from out of the blue.

There have been times when I've spoken into someones life, by making an offhand remark. Those people then asked about my "prophetic word", to which I had no idea what they were talking about.

I have never had visions, but have had dreams that have come true. An example would be telling my mother about the bad dream of the spaceshuttle Challenger FIVE years before it blew up.

The question is do you mark these types of things up as coincidence, and thereby deny the power of G-d? Or do you take it on faith that He is speaking to you and through you?

He things of the spirit are usually seen as insane by the world. Those people of G-d recognize His voice when they hear it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Those people of G-d recognize His voice when they hear it.

This is something I have been trying to work out in my own life. Identifying all the voices calling out to me and following the one that is our Lord. I have not always been successful for sure and have paid a price for listening to the wrong voice. Just the same as calling my wife and thinking I am hearing her voice but a few moments later realize that it is her daughter and there is only a small distinction in the voice that makes it to where I finally recognize who I am talking to. There are so many voices in the world and none is without signification. The first step is to recognize that the voices are there and not part of your own being/psyche followed by weeding out the evil ones. Guard your heart for out of it proceed all of the issues of life.

Love in Christ,

Gary

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I never expected this question to become a discussion on what sin is, because I feel it's obvious. Oh I know there are some little things that are questionable as to whether or not they constitute sin, but in general I think even a casual reading of the Bible will give a person a good idea of what is sin.

The issue I was trying to raise is what do we say about people who claim to have accepted Christ as a savior, but then continue to live the way they did before that. And then by talking with them, I don't even get the impression they feel guilty. No, and quite to the contrary, the impression I get is they think they are now free to sin all they want, because they are automatically forgiven. And yes Paul made some statements that can be misinterpreted to mean this. But why not consider what Jesus said about this, instead of Paul. In everything Jesus said, in the parables, in the letters to the churches in Revelation, and to people on the street who questioned Him, Jesus always called the righteous man the one who DID what was right, and not just said what was right. This is my point. Here we are, some 2000 years later, and almost no one believes that what we do is important, and yet Jesus made it out to be all important.

So regardless of what you think sin is, if you are a real Christian, a real follower of Christ, it behooves you to change your behavior so that you don't keep committing those sins. And of course we'll all going to slip up and fail, from time to time. It's the occasional slip ups that we can get easily forgiven of. But not when we're living in grandiose sins. And even if a person is living in sin, if that person is a Christian he/she ought to be feeling so guilty about it that he/she won't be enjoying the sin.

I have a Catholic background and I have to praise Catholicism because they always taught what you do will effect what happens to your soul after you die. I thought surely Born Again Christians believe this too, but not where I live. I believe what we do effects what happens to our souls because Jesus said it. I think the Christian churches should start to teach this too.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I never expected this question to become a discussion on what sin is, because I feel it's obvious. Oh I know there are some little things that are questionable as to whether or not they constitute sin, but in general I think even a casual reading of the Bible will give a person a good idea of what is sin.

The issue I was trying to raise is what do we say about people who claim to have accepted Christ as a savior, but then continue to live the way they did before that. And then by talking with them, I don't even get the impression they feel guilty. No, and quite to the contrary, the impression I get is they think they are now free to sin all they want, because they are automatically forgiven. And yes Paul made some statements that can be misinterpreted to mean this. But why not consider what Jesus said about this, instead of Paul. In everything Jesus said, in the parables, in the letters to the churches in Revelation, and to people on the street who questioned Him, Jesus always called the righteous man the one who DID what was right, and not just said what was right. This is my point. Here we are, some 2000 years later, and almost no one believes that what we do is important, and yet Jesus made it out to be all important.

So regardless of what you think sin is, if you are a real Christian, a real follower of Christ, it behooves you to change your behavior so that you don't keep committing those sins. And of course we'll all going to slip up and fail, from time to time. It's the occasional slip ups that we can get easily forgiven of. But not when we're living in grandiose sins. And even if a person is living in sin, if that person is a Christian he/she ought to be feeling so guilty about it that he/she won't be enjoying the sin.

I have a Catholic background and I have to praise Catholicism because they always taught what you do will effect what happens to your soul after you die. I thought surely Born Again Christians believe this too, but not where I live. I believe what we do effects what happens to our souls because Jesus said it. I think the Christian churches should start to teach this too.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

:)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

:)

Exactly!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/17/1981

TrakerJack was just trying to make a point, Butero. Not 'straw man'. Perhaps, you misunderstood his intention. He was expressing that we shouldn't question God, rather than question what he would want from us. To put our pettiness aside for the Lord's will. We both know God wouldn't tell anyone to do that.:P It was an example for point. I can see how you would feel it is a fallacy, as it could have been expressed differently, but I think here the point was justified, and far from intended towards that. Not everyone has professional instruction in debate and method. Should we simply judge them for that, or try to understand them? I think Christ would do the latter.

I don't think sin is acceptable, but we all have our vices, and any who say they do not, is either a perfect Saint (highly unlikely), or a liar. That is the truth.

I do believe though that the very sincere and active efforts we make to overcome our sins is a testament to our Lord, which he surely understands and pays heed to, and will work with us. But why should God work with us if we refuse to work with him best we can and try to make active progression and self-improvement? That's my simple logic on the matter.