• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I am at a loss.

I have been witnessing to him for the last 3 hours via text messaging. He wont talk in person. I try and show him the proofs of the bible, he tries to refute it by saying it was made for weak scared people to give them hope. He said it condones slavery, I told him Jesus said that masters are to treat their slave with respect and love, and that they are only slaves for 7 years till they pay off their debt. I had a comeback for everything he threw at me. I stayed calm, and only went into topics I knew about. He wont read the bible, he gets all his facts from atheists and anti christian propaganda.

I even asked him a good philosophical question,

Me: would you say you know 90% of everthing there is to know about everything?

him: no

Me: what about 30% of everything?

him: no, so?

Me: okay, lets just assume you are a genius and know 10% of everything there is to know about everything, well, is it possible that God exists in that 90% that you don't know about?

Him: is it possible that there is a big green monster out there eating planets?

Me: where is you evidence for this? Us christians have evidence to back up what we believe, we go in the direction the evidence is pointing

He said there was no evidence, that evolution is the truth. He wont budge. But he kept the conversation going, and thanked me for intertaining him. He said until God comes down out of the sky and proves himself, then he wont believe. I told him he will.

He didn't know about Jesus' crucifiction, and the meaning behind it. I told him the story, and told him about how he sent to Holy Spirit to live inside the believers. He said "you should read what you just wrote!". He called me crazy, stupid and other things I wont mention. I told him that the Bible says non believers will scoff at us and despise us and say "where is this God of yours?".

After the 3 hours of texting he asked why it mattered so much to me, I told him that I cared about him and wanted me and him and the kids to all be in heaven together.

What else can I do? I cry and pray to God that some of it will sink in. I did notice that at least this time he wasn't being AS cruel as he usually is, and he was asking good theological questions like "who created God?", kind of cute and makes me want to laugh, but he was never exposed to religion growing up so this is new to him, he thinks our God is a sky daddy that sits on a cloud! Ha ha!

I just pray that something sunk in. I told him to please investigate it for himself, but from Christian sources. What else can I do? Yesterday I prayed about this and a tiny voice in my head told me it was out of my hands, that God can finish the job.

Maybe I am making the wrong approach? Every few months I try. Is there a better way? What do you guys do?

God bless!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

It is onlyway to pray for him and just give him to God's hands and trust Him that he is doing his part to work in your ex husband. Just keep love him and keep forgive him and pray for him.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Praying.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

This psuedo intellectual drivel is quite typical. The fact remains people do not reject Christ on a basis of reason, but for moral reasons.

May the Lord change his morality and ethics. +

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Take heart.

You're planting a seed that may grow. It may not be you're job to harvest it.

Do what you can to lovingly water and weed it.

And remember to back off once you feel its becoming an argument. Satan likes to harden men's hearts that way.

Just wait a few days and come back.

On a side note... isn't it interesting that men can supply their own fertilizer? : D

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I am at a loss.

I have been witnessing to him for the last 3 hours via text messaging. He wont talk in person. I try and show him the proofs of the bible, he tries to refute it by saying it was made for weak scared people to give them hope. He said it condones slavery, I told him Jesus said that masters are to treat their slave with respect and love, and that they are only slaves for 7 years till they pay off their debt. I had a comeback for everything he threw at me. I stayed calm, and only went into topics I knew about. He wont read the bible, he gets all his facts from atheists and anti christian propaganda.

I even asked him a good philosophical question,

Me: would you say you know 90% of everthing there is to know about everything?

him: no

Me: what about 30% of everything?

him: no, so?

Me: okay, lets just assume you are a genius and know 10% of everything there is to know about everything, well, is it possible that God exists in that 90% that you don't know about?

Him: is it possible that there is a big green monster out there eating planets?

Me: where is you evidence for this? Us christians have evidence to back up what we believe, we go in the direction the evidence is pointing

He said there was no evidence, that evolution is the truth. He wont budge. But he kept the conversation going, and thanked me for intertaining him. He said until God comes down out of the sky and proves himself, then he wont believe. I told him he will.

He didn't know about Jesus' crucifiction, and the meaning behind it. I told him the story, and told him about how he sent to Holy Spirit to live inside the believers. He said "you should read what you just wrote!". He called me crazy, stupid and other things I wont mention. I told him that the Bible says non believers will scoff at us and despise us and say "where is this God of yours?".

After the 3 hours of texting he asked why it mattered so much to me, I told him that I cared about him and wanted me and him and the kids to all be in heaven together.

What else can I do? I cry and pray to God that some of it will sink in. I did notice that at least this time he wasn't being AS cruel as he usually is, and he was asking good theological questions like "who created God?", kind of cute and makes me want to laugh, but he was never exposed to religion growing up so this is new to him, he thinks our God is a sky daddy that sits on a cloud! Ha ha!

I just pray that something sunk in. I told him to please investigate it for himself, but from Christian sources. What else can I do? Yesterday I prayed about this and a tiny voice in my head told me it was out of my hands, that God can finish the job.

Maybe I am making the wrong approach? Every few months I try. Is there a better way? What do you guys do?

God bless!

Next time you talk to him, tell him that since HE himself is a slave, he has no room to talk. He is:

1. A slave to Satan, serving him unwittingly.

2. A slave to his baser nature, ignoring the plain truth that God exists in favor of doing what HE wants to do.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

A prophet is not without honor save in his own country.

He cannot accept you or your words.

We who are here have begun to lift him up in prayer unto the Lord.

The man is right. He says that Christianity is for those who are weak. The poor in spirit and the meek are those who inherit the earth. Not the able bodied go getters of this world. The problem is that he must be made weak and this can only be accomplished by the Lords doing. Pray that God will be merciful unto him and number him among the weak who need to cry out unto him for deliverance.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

A prophet is not without honor save in his own country.

He cannot accept you or your words.

We who are here have begun to lift him up in prayer unto the Lord.

The man is right. He says that Christianity is for those who are weak. The poor in spirit and the meek are those who inherit the earth. Not the able bodied go getters of this world. The problem is that he must be made weak and this can only be accomplished by the Lords doing. Pray that God will be merciful unto him and number him among the weak who need to cry out unto him for deliverance.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Thank you! I read in the bible the other day about how we can plant the seed and water it, but God makes it grow, and someone's reference to that here brought it back into my head, thank you! I can only do so much without scaring him away.

I just know how much God has worked in my heart and brought me out of my darkness, and I just long for the same thing for him. He is in a bad place right now. But all things are possible for God.

What do you guys think about me going back to my old new agey website forum and ministering to people on there? I am probably not ready yet huh? That would take some guts.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

What do you guys think about me going back to my old new agey website forum and ministering to people on there? I am probably not ready yet huh? That would take some guts.

If God is the one sending you then you need not worry about being prepared. The trick is making sure that it is God through the Holy Spirit who is sending you on a mission to minister to others. If it be of God then he will give you what you need to say when you need to say it. It never matters how much you are outnumbered as God loves to confound the wisdom of the wise using the foolish of this world that we are. That way God always gets the glory.

What I would suggest you do is take time to be alone with God in his word and minister where ever you are, to whomever he brings before you. Work to rely more upon the sovereignty of God and his working all things to the counsel of his own will and less on your 'thinking' it through and 'preparing' in advance. God doesn't wait for the able to become willing he enables the willing. If you trust that God will work through you to bring others to faith and you submit unto his Spirit, then you will find that he will do great things through you. Just ask some who are in our cloud of witnesses mentioned in Hebrews 11. Just put on the full armor of God and you will be ready for battle.

In Jesus Name,

Gary