nebula

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I have heard of several locations that had to close due to running out of food. So, it will take a few days to replenish their freezers and fridges. The kiss in will be flop in some locations at least since the restauraunts will be closed.

Most of the locations in the Phoenix metro area had to close early. The 6th largest city in the nation.

I read too that the only chick fil a in chicago had huge lines. In one of the cities calling for a ban on chick fil a too lol.

I have heard of one manager at a chick fil a who happens to be gay and has said that at no time has he ever had comments about his sexuality, or been targeted for any discrimination. He has been treated as well as any other employee there and no differently than any other employee.

I think this shows the american public is tired of the bullying done lately by the current administration and those who are like minded with them.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I have a felling that it's going to get harder and harder for Christians to run and hide. There is a clear dividing line being drawn in this Nation. We will have to be wise and very faithful to the Lord.

This isn't Iran. Christians in America have it better than in many, many countries around the world. Tell some Christian in the middle east or parts of Asia or Africa how tough you have it in America, and they will laugh at you. Those people sometimes are killed for their faith.

I support Mr.Cathy's right to say whatever he wants. Probably not the smartest thing. But, then again, it's not like he has the market cornered on saying dumb things.

It won't influence my decision to eat or not eat at Chick Fil A one way or the other. I like their food. That's all that matters.

Why is it not the "smartest" thing to stand up for your convictions and say how you believe, how you feel? Is that somehow wrong? Or are Christian Conservatives the only group expected to give up their voice and remain silent?

Explain to me exactly how what he said was "dumb."

Cobalt,

If one is running a for-profit business, it's usually not smart to alienate a certain segment of potential customers. That cost your business money. It would be the same if it were gender-based, race-based, religion-based, whatever.

I respect his (or anyone's) right to say whatever they want. They will reap what they sow, however it shakes down. It's not a huge deal to me personally.

Mark, the way you are reacting, it comes across as if you thought Mr.Cathy went out of his way to make a statement to disparage gays.

That isn't what happened.

He was being interviewed and asked to talk about its WinShape Foundation. You can read the whole thing here.

But the point of contention was here:

The company invests in Christian growth and ministry through its WinShape Foundation (WinShape.com). The name comes from the idea of shaping people to be winners.

It began as a college scholarship and expanded to a foster care program, an international ministry, and a conference and retreat center modeled after the Billy Graham Training Center at the Cove.

"That morphed into a marriage program in conjunction with national marriage ministries," Cathy added.

Some have opposed the company's support of the traditional family. "Well, guilty as charged," said Cathy when asked about the company's position.

"We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.

"We operate as a family business ... our restaurants are typically led by families; some are single. We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that," Cathy emphasized.

"We intend to stay the course," he said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

Now does this sound like an irresponsible man out to alienate anyone?

No, I don't think he was intentionally trying to alienate anyone. I'm proud of someone who isn't afraid to stand up for what they believe. (Sheesh, I do that and get hammered for it.)

I think the whole thing has been blown far out of proportion. I suppose if I were a gay person, I might feel offended and not want to eat there. Understandable. There are plenty of other places to eat.

I didn't participate in any sort of support Chick-Fil-A day. There is a restaurant not far from me and I enjoy eating there occasionally. But I'm not out to make any sort of political or social statement. I think the whole thing Mike Huckabee started was rather dumb and it came off making supporters and opponents both appear bigoted and mean-spirited.

I'm not sure which side is the more hateful, the LGBT side or their opponents.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I'm not sure which side is the more hateful, the LGBT side or their opponents.

Please share the instances of the anti gay folks protesting and harassing employees of a gay owned business. Please share instances of anti gay mayors of large cities who have threatened to ban gay owned businesses from building in their cities.

I was at a chick fil a last night and someone drove around the building honking his horn and flipping his finger the whole time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

song, there is a thread on the cfo bashing the poor girl.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

song, there is a thread on the cfo bashing the poor girl.

Thanks...I was trying to find the thread.

I moved the article...and todays' news and what happened.

But, it is so shameful that they are stirring trouble at the Chick-fil-A businesses, throughout the U.S.

They need to take their compliants to the owner...or go out on the street . Employees have nothing to do with all this . My opinion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I have a felling that it's going to get harder and harder for Christians to run and hide. There is a clear dividing line being drawn in this Nation. We will have to be wise and very faithful to the Lord.

This isn't Iran. Christians in America have it better than in many, many countries around the world. Tell some Christian in the middle east or parts of Asia or Africa how tough you have it in America, and they will laugh at you. Those people sometimes are killed for their faith.

Mark, So far the Christians in the US have not had it as bad as our brothers & sisters elsewhere in the world, BUT I have to agree with Matthitjah that there are lines being drawn in this country now & there will soon be no place for lukewarm believers. All or nothing brother & the time is coming that Christians in the US will indeed be persecuted more & even killed for the faith.

Guest shiloh357

No, I don't think he was intentionally trying to alienate anyone. I'm proud of someone who isn't afraid to stand up for what they believe. (Sheesh, I do that and get hammered for it.)

I think the whole thing has been blown far out of proportion. I suppose if I were a gay person, I might feel offended and not want to eat there. Understandable. There are plenty of other places to eat.

I didn't participate in any sort of support Chick-Fil-A day. There is a restaurant not far from me and I enjoy eating there occasionally. But I'm not out to make any sort of political or social statement. I think the whole thing Mike Huckabee started was rather dumb and it came off making supporters and opponents both appear bigoted and mean-spirited.

Really and how did standing up for freedom speech become something that makes people look bigoted and mean-spirited?? Showing solidarity for someone who is maligned for his views is not hate The bigotry and mean-spirited comments by errant city mayors is where hate came from.

You have work awful hard to twist and contort the narrative to make standing up for freedom an act of bigotry. Sorry but you are simply wrong.

Guest Butero

Until this stupid protest started, I had never eaten at Chic Fil-A. The billboards with the cows didn't cause me to check them out. Neither did the tv ads, but the protests by gay actists did. I am eating from Chic Fil-A right now. By the way, if you haven't tried it, the Chic Fil-A sauce with the chicken strips, it is really good.