• Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Time most certainly exists.  It is a part of God

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GloryaRose

I think of the Trinity as a perfect divine TRI -UNITY......

Perfect as Three....individaully...perfect in themselves

of divine essence, nature, will, and works.

Perfest as One.......in unity of essence, nature, will, and  

works.

I heard a metaphore once. Its not a perfect description of the mystery of the Trinity...but it kind of demonstrates my thoughts.......

The trinity is like the sun:

God is the sun itself

Jesus is the light from the sun

Holy Spirit is the warmth you feel on your skin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

The trinity is like the sun:

How could God inhabit eternity if time was only the present changing at a constant rate?

Eternity extends both ways, past and future. Thus He can see the end from the begining.

Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

If you close your eyes and see yourself little, do you go anywhere? No, it's here with you, now.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Eternity extends both ways, past and future. Thus He can see the end from the begining.

But eternity has no beginning or end.....

Time is a man-made idea.

Okay, whatsitmean. You're right. :D God created time when he created the sun and the moon, day and night. Thanks for setting me straight.

God Bless! :D

But eternity has no beginning or end.....

Correct, eternity has no beginning or end, but the time allotted to man to work out his salvation, and to redeem his (time) because the days are evil, they have a beginning and an end.

The rise and fall of nations have beginnings and ends, and God sees the end of them all from their beginning.

Thus were our names able to be written in the Lamb's book of life from before the laying of the foundations of this world, which also had a beginning and a soon coming end . . .

Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is none else. I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done. Saying, "My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure."

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

There are three things that I accept about God when it comes to time and other such things. God is omniscient (all-knowing), God is omnipotent (all-powerful), and God is omnipresent (present everywhere at the same time). I also like to think of God as being omnipresent in the sense that He only exists in the present. In other words, all of time is instantaneous to God. In His eyes, we are all already dead. In His eyes, we are just now being born. In His eyes, He has just created the sun. In His eyes, the sun has burnt out. He saw and was at the end of time at the beginning of time. God has seen all of human history in what we would figuratively say "In a second". Time, to God, and the dead, and those in Heaven, doesn't have a meaning. Time is only relevant to the living. It confines us, it allows us to function within matter. Without time, our primitive brains would not be able to comprehend what was going on.

Just my opinion.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Excellent description munari.

I've never had much difficulty recognizing God in His three manifestations. The trinity takes away none of His divinity and in fact adds to it.

God The Father: Creator and sovriegn Lord of all.

God The Son: Savior, redeemer, and teacher.

God The Holy Spirit: Counselor.

These are just some of the characteristics of the trinity. There are many more. It all comes back to God. He is, was, and ever shall be. He is the I AM.

It is important not to tie Him down with human limitations. I am who I am and cannot manifest myself differently. He is not so limited.

• Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I'd like to add a sobering extension of what I wrote in my last post... it made me sad when I thought this the first time, and it still does.

Because God is ever present, it is also, right now, in God's eyes, Good Friday when Christ was being crucified. At that time, He took on the sins of the world, not only for that day, but for all time! What that means is that everytime we sin, we add to Christ's suffering on that day of sacrafice 2000 years ago. We, those who love Christ, add to His pain. I find it sobering and saddening to know that I can hurt Christ in such a way every time I sin...

Just my opinion and insight.