WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,415
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

President Barack Obama said on Monday that mass killings like the shooting rampage at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin were occurring with "too much regularity" and should prompt soul searching by all Americans, but he stopped short of calling for new gun-control laws.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/reuters-com-article-2012-08-06-us-usa-wisconsin-shooting-obama-idUSBRE87516120120806/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

And he better stop short of wanting to have more gun control too. Although he has freely shredded the constitution, it is written in there that americans have the right to bear arms.

Guest shiloh357

President Barack Obama said on Monday that mass killings like the shooting rampage at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin were occurring with "too much regularity" and should prompt soul searching by all Americans, but he stopped short of calling for new gun-control laws.

http://www.worthynew...87516120120806/

Oh please... crazy idiots do idiotic things. The guns are not the problem. The problem is that you can't completely insure that nuts can't get ahold of them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Can you spell P-O-L-I-T-I-C-I-Z-A-T-I-O-N?

Of course our Leftist friends here will not come on here and denounce him for it though.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

This is one of those issues where it is often hard to follow your conscious. It's a lot easier for me to sit here and denounce the evils of firearms than for the leader of a country to do so and alienate large groups of people.

Guest shiloh357

This is one of those issues where it is often hard to follow your conscious. It's a lot easier for me to sit here and denounce the evils of firearms than for the leader of a country to do so and alienate large groups of people.

How is having firearms evil??? If someone goes out and hunts to feed their family by killing deer, turkey, etc. are they evil for doing so?? You can drive a car into a crowd of people and kill as many or more than the Aurora shooter. The problem is the people behind the weapons, not the weapsons themselves. A little commonsense goes a long way, you know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

On this topic, I'm going to agree with the President. We do need to do a little soul searching, maybe a little figuring out how to better spot trouble in the making, but we don't need more gun laws, just a better application of the ones that are already on the books. Like not allowing one person to buy 100,000 rounds of ammunition and questioning why a citizen needs a rocket propelled grenade launcher (these examples are for illustrative purposes only). Yes, as one of you pointed out, there will always be crazies. The trick is to keep them from killing crowds of people.

Guest shiloh357

On this topic, I'm going to agree with the President. We do need to do a little soul searching, maybe a little figuring out how to better spot trouble in the making, but we don't need more gun laws, just a better application of the ones that are already on the books. Like not allowing one person to buy 100,000 rounds of ammunition and questioning why a citizen needs a rocket propelled grenade launcher (these examples are for illustrative purposes only). Yes, as one of you pointed out, there will always be crazies. The trick is to keep them from killing crowds of people.

Let me ask you this, what happens when we see tattooed skinheads calling for the death of the Jews, blacks, hispanics and their white sympathizers??? We claim that such things are "protected" speech. These people send out red flags all over the place, but we ignore those flags because they have a protected right to voice their bigotry and calls for the elimination of other races. But when one of them acts on thier ideaology and carries out an atrocity, we sit around and wonder what warning signs we missed. I mean, come on.

The fact is that this is not empty rhetoric they are spewing. They mean what they say. They are not playing around. They will kill those of other races and they will act on what they preach. They exploit our freedoms to carry out their bigotry and there needs to be modification of how we apply the first amendment to make it a crime to call for the deaths of any group of people. You can't yell fire in a crowded movie theatre as a joke, you can't threaten people's lives on the Internet or in any other context without facing major prosecution, and you should not be able to use the first amendment as a shield for calling for the deaths of other people in any public venue. We can limit what consitutes protected speech without censoring legitimate protected speech.

There are groups of people who should not be allowed to promote violent ideaology like skinheads do on our soil.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Anyone come up with a solution?

How do you identify who the next shooter will be or how to keep guns with only the right people? Any ideas?

Guest shiloh357

Anyone come up with a solution?

How do you identify who the next shooter will be or how to keep guns with only the right people? Any ideas?

No matter what solution you come up with, it will never be full proof. There is simply no way that you can ever provide an environment that is free of this kind of thing. We can take measures to reduce it, but never eliminate it altogether.