• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

I suppose if God tells you that he wants you to go out and get a tattoo, then by all means do what he says, otherwise I suggest just getting busy doing the work he has prepared for you to do and don't worry about splashing graffiti all over the temple.

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

:whistling:

Not going there, almost got into trouble on the last two threads.

:rofl:

Ncn Getting in trouble? What a shocker!! :D

Depends on your views about a tatoo. Some say its biblical that your not supposed to because your body is supposed to be a temple others say that its fine/

If that is valid then it's a sin to live in the Los Angeles basin, cause the air quality there is so disasterous to health at times that long term.it will hurt your temple body....

there is a big difference between going and getting "damage" done to your body v.s bad health from the environment

People move to LA that don't have to...... same difference.

I'd be one of those people if I could be!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Depends on your views about a tatoo. Some say its biblical that your not supposed to because your body is supposed to be a temple others say that its fine/

If that is valid then it's a sin to live in the Los Angeles basin, cause the air quality there is so disasterous to health at times that long term.it will hurt your temple body....

there is a big difference between going and getting "damage" done to your body v.s bad health from the environment

having asthma, I had to turn down a very good job in the television industry, and eventually change careers from not being able to live there with the smog. Very frustrating.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

II Corinthians 6:14 - 18 that I just posted in another thread would apply here as well:

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Are tatooes from 'the world'?... certainly. Therefore there can be no such thing as a 'christian' tatoo. Again, the end of verse 17 and and verse 18 would imply that God cannot receive us if we are not willing to be separate from the world.

Matthew Henry's commentary says this of the passage above:

Come out from the workers of iniquity, and separate from their vain and sinful pleasures and pursuits; from all conformity to the corruptions of this present evil world. If it be an envied privilege to be the son or daughter of an earthly prince, who can express the dignity and happiness of being sons and daughters of the Almighty?

Guest Butero

This is what I came across.... So no.

Leviticus 19:28 “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Dead = Many things and is used very different ways, like; yourself, animal, beast, heart, person.... #5315 in Strong's Concordance

What it says is that you shall not make cuttings for the dead nor print any marks upon you. They are two differen't things, and it doesn't say the marks must be for the dead, so the answer is yes. It is a sin to get a tattoo. BTW, I know someone who actually got a tattoo of the name of her deceased child on her arm. Bottom line is that there is no agreement on this subject. You will find some that think it is ok and others that don't. I don't believe a Christian should get a tattoo.

Guest shiloh357

What Butero needs is a big black python tattoo that starts down one arm, wraps around the torso and then over the neck and down the other arm. It would the perfect accompaniment to his ear rings and reverse mohawk. :P

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I believe that God tries to keep people away from tattoos, if he says to not make marks on our bodies it is for a reason, and that is for our own protection. It is permanently changing the way God made you, as if he did not make us perfectly, and it can be seen as a sign of physical rebellion against him.

It is a controversial thing to say, but the ritual of tattooing could be inviting demonic spirits into your body, because it is not from God, therefore it is not good.

You may think I'm the most anti-tattoo person ever, but I actually booked myself in for a tattoo around two months ago, I paid for it and I was so excited, but through praying and talking to my family God spoke to me and through them saying 'go ahead, but you may get an attack from the enemy and you will know exactly why',

I felt that I would have to pray for my spirit more so, because of the tattoo, and It just wasn't worth it.

Now saying this, this could be something that God warned just me against, and not for someone else, because he knows me personally, I really don't know if it is a direct sin, but I strongly warn against tattoos.

Guest shiloh357

Tattoos are ugly and most people who get them when they are young regret it later when they are old. The way tattoos are done now, with them all over the body, you are pretty much dooming yourself when it comes to employment. If you don't have really stellar skills and the spirit of entrepreneurship, there is almost assuredly, a mop and a bucket in your future.

I am glad I never got one. If you don't have one, don't get one.

Guest Butero

What Butero needs is a big black python tattoo that starts down one arm, wraps around the torso and then over the neck and down the other arm. It would the perfect accompaniment to his ear rings and reverse mohawk. :P

:24: Man, just the thought of that makes me cringe. :wacko:

Anyway, to Lovesgodforever, I agree with you completely. For a long time, I have been warning people that the tattoo craze is demonically inspired. Satan hates us because we were created in God's image, so he is trying to destroy our natural appearance, and make us ugly. He causes us to see that which is ugly as beautiful, and causes us to call grafiti on the temple of God, body art. It is just one of those things God has got to reveal to you, and unless he does, you will simply scoff at others warnings about what is really behind tattoos.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

having asthma, I had to turn down a very good job in the television industry, and eventually change careers from not being able to live there with the smog. Very frustrating.

That must suck. My dream is to go to the US for a good length of time - a year or so would be perfect - but it is so hard to get into the country if it's not just for a short holiday that it is never going to happen.