• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 8/16/2012 at 11:19 AM, Jayyycuuup said:

I am also further led to believe that God had not left Christ, when reading Psalm 22.... Any input is very nice ! Thank you.

This "forsaking" of the Son by the Father must be seen in the light of the second death, which is the eternal separation of the lost from God.  It was a genuine forsaking.

Scripture says that Christ was made Sin for us, and when Sin was judged on the Cross, the wrath of God was poured out upon Christ. He was "smitten of God, and afflicted". This was in reality a "forsaking" during those three dark hours, since God cannot look upon sin, and He turned His face away from His beloved Son.  Thus Scripture says that Christ "made His soul an offering for sin" through this indescribable agony. 

In view of this, any doctrine which claims that sinners can atone for their own sins in any measure is false. All our sins were laid on the Lamb of God, who "took away the sin of the world".  There is no more sacrifice for sins, and the bloodless sacrifice of the Mass is an abomination before God.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Why did Jesus say, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?""

Answer:
“And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46). This cry is a fulfillment of Psalm 22:1, one of many parallels between that psalm and the specific events of the crucifixion. It has been difficult to understand in what sense Jesus was “forsaken” by God. It is certain that God approved His work. It is certain that He was innocent. He had done nothing to forfeit the favor of God. As His own Son - holy, harmless, undefiled, and obedient - God still loved Him. In none of these senses could God have forsaken Him.

However, Isaiah tells us that “he bore our griefs and carried our sorrows; that he was wounded for our transgressions, and bruised for our iniquities; that the chastisement of our peace was laid upon him; that by his stripes we are healed” (Isaiah 53:4-5). He redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us (Galatians 3:13). He was made a sin-offering, and He died in our place, on our account, that He might bring us near to God. It was this, doubtless, which caused His intense sufferings. It was the manifestation of God’s hatred of sin, in some way which He has not explained, that Jesus experienced in that terrible hour. It was suffering endured by Him that was due to us, and suffering by which, and by which alone, we can be saved from eternal death.

In those awful moments, Jesus was expressing His feelings of abandonment as God placed the sins of the world on Him – and because of that had to “turn away” from Jesus. As Jesus was feeling that weight of sin, He was experiencing separation from God for the only time in all of eternity. It was at this time that 2 Corinthians 5:21 occurred, “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.” Jesus became sin for us, so He felt the loneliness and abandonment that sin always produces, except that in His case, it was not His sin – it was ours.

http://www.gotquestions.org/forsaken-me.html

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 8/16/2012 at 4:41 PM, nebula said:

I can't verify this, but someone who I believe researched things mentioned how it was not uncommon for rabbis to reference a portion of Scripture with just the opening line, knowing that the people knew the full reference (given that it was required for them to memorize the Scriptures).

Hi Nebula,

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I would like to congratulate you for your citation. Jesus used it to open my mind and to lead me to the revelation (like you can see in the previous and next posts). That Jesus continue to give you wisdom and cheer to pursue, [looking] towards [the] goal, for the prize of the calling on high of God in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3.14). That Jesus increase more and more your willingness to help others and the light that there is in you.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 8/16/2012 at 2:19 PM, Jayyycuuup said:

I am also further led to believe that God had not left Christ, when reading Psalm 22.... Any input is very nice ! Thank you.

Dear brothers and sisters,

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I write this post to complete my answer.

On 8/18/2012 at 5:27 PM, wingnut- said:

What we can never forget is that God is holy. When Jesus took on all of the sin from the garden of eden until the end of time, it is unimaginable at how this grieved the Father, to look upon all of it.

On 8/19/2012 at 7:38 PM, LOVE SONGS said:

I also agree..wingnut.

And, Jesus became the Lamb of God, slain..for all mankind.

On 9/16/2016 at 1:48 PM, Ezra said:

Scripture says that Christ was made Sin for us, and when Sin was judged on the Cross, the wrath of God was poured out upon Christ. He was "smitten of God, and afflicted". This was in reality a "forsaking" during those three dark hours, since God cannot look upon sin, and He turned His face away from His beloved Son.  Thus Scripture says that Christ "made His soul an offering for sin" through this indescribable agony. 

23 hours ago, missmuffet said:

In those awful moments, Jesus was expressing His feelings of abandonment as God placed the sins of the world on Him – and because of that had to “turn away” from Jesus. As Jesus was feeling that weight of sin, He was experiencing separation from God for the only time in all of eternity.

As I shew in the previous post, how can the Eternal make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy (Rom 9.23) if, when the sin abound, He run away?

Firstly, Jesus was associating this psalm with Himself. The idea is that everbody perceive the severity of the sin, what the sin does to those who submit to it, as well as the price that cost to the Eternal to ransom us. Jesus did something similar in other occasion:

·         “Then they took away the stone [ from the place ] where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up [ his ] eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said [ it ], that they may believe that thou hast sent me.” (John 11.41,42).

So that nobody thought that Jesus was resurrecting Lazarus by Himself, He prays to the Father.

Similarly, Jesus quote Psalms 22.1 so that whoever desires to understand that sublime moment could.

One of the thing that Jesus wished to combat is the theology of prosperity. Such as the Job’s friends, the great majority of the Jesus’ followers believes that the blessings are the result of our fidelity.

If this was truth, besides we receive only evil (even our righteousness is like filthy rags – Isaiah 64.6), the Eternal would be manipulable, selfish. Nevertheless, He is benignant even to ungrateful and bad people (Psalms 145.9; Matthew 5.44,45).

Here, in particular, Jesus shows that the righteous suffer, but always is heard by God, wins and guides many people to the Eternal. To who belong to the Eternal, the important is to glorify the Jesus. The more daring is the experience, better. After all, the power of the Eternal is made perfect in weakness (2Cor 4.10,11; 12.9,10) and the grace much more abound where sin abound (Rom 5.20). Therefore, the greater the sin, the more there is space for the mercy of Jesus to manifest itself, saving us (Lam 3.22,23), and more we will be loved when forgiveness to reach the person (Luke 7.47).

In addition, like said sister Nebula:

On 8/16/2012 at 4:41 PM, nebula said:

it was not uncommon for rabbis to reference a portion of Scripture with just the opening line, knowing that the people knew the full reference (given that it was required for them to memorize the Scriptures).

In citing this psalm, Jesus was bringing to memory of all who had intimacy with the truth what really was happening. After all, in this psalm is shown what He was going to pass, the prayer that He did for all of us (remember that He was feeling in His flesh the pain of our sins. He didn’t pray for Him, but like our representative), what He would be able to do for the Father’s name after winning (Psalms 22.22). In other words, this psalm shows the sufferings of the Messiah, but shows Him being heard and leading many to God.

You can ask: but if it was for everyone to understand, why does Jesus exclaimed in a strange language? The difficulty of understanding isn’t in the language used for Jesus. With the revelation from the Spirit of Jesus in us, even if the message was written in our language, even so we don’t figure it out. And even if we get it, we will not be able to carry it out (see Matt 11.28-30; John 6.44,45; Eph 4.20,21; 1Jo 2.27).

Beyond this, if our heart was dirty, we will understand all distorted (Titus 1.15). Just think that, to who didn’t have commitment with the truth, Jesus was calling for Elijah (Matt 27.47). When the heart of the person is focused on the wrong thing, they don’t get to understand, even if Jesus shows up himself clearly. See:

·         “And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.” (John 20.14,15).

·         “And it came to pass, that, while they communed [ together ] and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.” (Luke 24.15,16).

·         “Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, [ saying ], I have both glorified [ it ], and will glorify [ it ] again. The people therefore, that stood by, and heard [ it ], said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.” (John 12.28-30).

This come to teach us that, if we were with the heart dirty, we cannot understand the Jesus’ message for us or worse: don’t recognize Jesus coming to us:

·         “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [ it ] not to one of the least of these, ye did [ it ] not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” (Matt 25.41-46).

At finally, forasmuch as the Jesus’ Spirit reveals the truth (1John 2.27), this isn’t hindrance to somebody understand the word. The truth only doesn’t arrive to us if we hinder it (see Rom 1.18).

Eventually, what do the meaning of the prayer that Jesus did within Himself (contained in the Psalm 22. Jesus speaks only part of the verse 1, but in his heart He prays the verses 1 to 22 and part of the verse 25)?

On 8/17/2012 at 3:18 AM, georgedrw81 said:

It is a message for all of us. That is just because God is silent and/or seems to have forgotten us does not mean He has. It is an individual choice and revelation that He is there next to us every moment. Those words by Jesus have been through our own personal thoughts at some point.

Blessings

You are right, Georgedrw81.

Considering that He was bare our sins in his own body on the tree (1Peter 2.24), therefore He was praying our prayer. After all, when the fights come, the first thing that we think is that Jesus forsook us. In other words, Psalms 22 is the fulfill of Romans 8.26:

·         “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”

May Jesus bless you.