IGNORED

ramadan?

jasoncran

Apples and oranges. The vichy government was a puppet government set up by the Nazis. The government in Afganistan is "democratically" elected. We just need to get out of there now, to heck with them. While we are at it, let's just nuke Pakistan on the way out instead of giving them billions of dollars. 90% of them think of us as their enemy anyway. None the less, no more American blood for muslim hate!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Apples and oranges. The vichy government was a puppet government set up by the Nazis. The government in Afganistan is "democratically" elected. We just need to get out of there now, to heck with them. While we are at it, let's just nuke Pakistan on the way out instead of giving them billions of dollars. 90% of them think of us as their enemy anyway. None the less, no more American blood for muslim hate!

I'm not saying that the vichy government was not that, but the legitimate government of a country is generally the one in control before the army rolls in, not while its there. Saddam Hussein was "democratically elected" multiple times as well. This is absolutely an occupation, I do agree that we should be gone though, as soon as possible.

So you're telling everyone that the Taliban was a legitimate government in Afganistan? I don't think so. Certainly the non-Pastuns didn't think so. Anyway........

So you're telling everyone that the Taliban was a legitimate government in Afganistan? I don't think so. Certainly the non-Pastuns didn't think so. Anyway........

Legitimate insofar as that it had control of the country. Whether or not someone was "democratically elected" is irrelevant with regards to legitimacy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

This is what happens to members of armies of occupation. Members of the localpopulation will resist occupation. This has nothing to do with frustrated fasters or indeed the religion of the resistors

I have to agree in part with what you say here. If it were my country I would be fighting the invaders as well, like the French resistance did, and they were mostly Catholic!

And for Jason to say....

we did and we allowe them vote and form their own constution. hardly oprressive. we allowed them to vote and they formed the islamic republic of afghanistan and they based it on sharia law. hmm

We allowed, we allowed? It is their own country man not yours! Your statement is condescending to say the very least!

The statement made many years ago, and the history of Afghanistan, from the British and the Khyber Pass,to the Russians, which says "Afghanistan is the burial ground of nations", is sadly, for those on both sides dying over rock and sand, is as true now as it was then no matter what the religion of the inhabitants.

i was there. so we shouldnt have rebuilt GERMANY, just killed hitler and left all dem nazis in power? the same with japan? dont rebuild the country we just came in basically leveled(then) and no we remove their leadership. we asked them whom do you want to rule you and they go to choose.

so we forced a leglemitate german leader from power and should have allowed nazi(ya them jew haters to come to power?) if so then why bother? that is what we did to japan. its war, yes. but well they attacked us and we remove the haters and allowed the locals who came to like us to vote. not arrogant. that is actually what we have done since ww2.

ya know reagean was warned we should have went into afghanistan and he told bush sr. if we did it then and picked who too lead, the taliban being pakistani(not afghani) wouldnt have came to power.

This is what happens to members of armies of occupation. Members of the localpopulation will resist occupation. This has nothing to do with frustrated fasters or indeed the religion of the resistors

I have to agree in part with what you say here. If it were my country I would be fighting the invaders as well, like the French resistance did, and they were mostly Catholic!

And for Jason to say....

we did and we allowe them vote and form their own constution. hardly oprressive. we allowed them to vote and they formed the islamic republic of afghanistan and they based it on sharia law. hmm

We allowed, we allowed? It is their own country man not yours! Your statement is condescending to say the very least!

The statement made many years ago, and the history of Afghanistan, from the British and the Khyber Pass,to the Russians, which says "Afghanistan is the burial ground of nations", is sadly, for those on both sides dying over rock and sand, is as true now as it was then no matter what the religion of the inhabitants.

i was there. so we shouldnt have rebuilt GERMANY, just killed hitler and left all dem nazis in power? the same with japan? dont rebuild the country we just came in basically leveled(then) and no we remove their leadership. we asked them whom do you want to rule you and they go to choose.

so we forced a leglemitate german leader from power and should have allowed nazi(ya them jew haters to come to power?) if so then why bother? that is what we did to japan. its war, yes. but well they attacked us and we remove the haters and allowed the locals who came to like us to vote. not arrogant. that is actually what we have done since ww2.

ya know reagean was warned we should have went into afghanistan and he told bush sr. if we did it then and picked who too lead, the taliban being pakistani(not afghani) wouldnt have came to power.

Going into afghanistan when reagan was president would've led to direct conflict with the soviet union, which would've likely lead to a total nuclear war. This was not a viable option for any reasonable human being.

after they left. they knew we backed the mujahadeen. we fought chinese and russian migs in both nam and korea. we also went into chinese territory in both wars. we also did go into the iron wall and kill key leaders and the russians used terrorism to repay that favor. russia(if you notice terrorist use mainly russain weapons) controlled the islamic states quite well. and we had a few of then on our side.

the russians had gangs in w. germany that would attacked and kill soldiers or capture them. cat and mouse games.the ussr wouldnt go nuclear. i suggest you read up on korea and what stalin did and how he basically because of economics allowed the korean war to end.

after they left. they knew we backed the mujahadeen. we fought chinese and russian migs in both nam and korea. we also went into chinese territory in both wars. we also did go into the iron wall and kill key leaders and the russians used terrorism to repay that favor. russia(if you notice terrorist use mainly russain weapons) controlled the islamic states quite well. and we had a few of then on our side.

the russians had gangs in w. germany that would attacked and kill soldiers or capture them. cat and mouse games.the ussr wouldnt go nuclear. i suggest you read up on korea and what stalin did and how he basically because of economics allowed the korean war to end.

I've read about it, i thought you were referring to when reagan was president, because they were there the entire time.

no, they left in early 89. they said in 88 they were leaving. regean was advised to begin to suppor the mujahadeen and send aids and money help them build a stable goverment. troops were really advised.

we arent doing what the russians died. i have seen personally what the soviets did to afghanistan. they turned that nation into a desert. they poisoned wells and destroyed trees and crops. when they left it wasnt because of defeat. it was simply nothing left to fight for as they destroyed that nation. they did a reverse of their idea of burning things when they retreat. the burned in spite then retreated. it was at most for the muslims a bittersweet victory. famine and starvation was their victory.