IGNORED

No one replies on topics I have created.

TomB_2012

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/28/1996

I have only been here for under a week, but I have noticed that no one replies to topics that I've started. This is my 11th post. About 3 or 4 of them are topics that I've started. To my knowledge, only 1 topic of mine has received a reply. That topic is where I introduced myself to WCF.

Why is that? Are my topics not interesting? Do you ignore posts from new members? I don't get it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Sorry that is happening, but I generally look at the topic and see if it interests me and if I have the time to respond. I usually am on and off the board often throughout the day but do not stay on for a long time. If I do I am also doing other things at the same time and as I said answer the things that interest me. If many are responding I tend to ignore the topic but can honestly say I have not noticed yours or sad to say have not had a comment. Nothing personal. I'm sure it happens to everyone sooner or later.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Hello tb

read this

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

I have only been here for under a week, but I have noticed that no one replies to topics that I've started. This is my 11th post. About 3 or 4 of them are topics that I've started. To my knowledge, only 1 topic of mine has received a reply. That topic is where I introduced myself to WCF.

Why is that? Are my topics not interesting? Do you ignore posts from new members? I don't get it.

Hello Tom.

I don't think anyone finds you topics uninteresting or that anyone is trying to ignore you because you are new. :)

It's true that it takes time for members to know others and that a good way is to post on the forums or

use the chat room.

You also have to bare in mind that some members follow a lot of topics and reply on a regular basis to them;

which leaves them little time to post on all the topics.

Be patient, your replies will come.

Once again welcome to Worthy and don't give up. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Because of this post I was prompted to go and read all 11 of your posts to understand why I have not responded to anything you have written. Upon reading them, I found that you posted 1 that was of interest and that was your recent enrollment in college. I do not have interest in gaming nor sports as I see both as a waste of time considering that I am working to do that with my life that Jesus, as I understand him, would do with his in my place. The fact that you are new has little to nothing to do with not replying to posts you make. You posted about recently receiving a NLT translation in a thread that has a topic that usually goes bad and I chose deliberately not to get involved much in the thread.

That said, I would like to encourage you to think about something for a moment. This thread is centered around you and how your being affected by what you perceive to be the lack of attention you are receiving here on the boards. My whole life has been lived this way, looking at myself and how the things/people in the world affect me, until I began to understand that I needed to see what I could bring to the world rather than what I can get out of it. If these things bother you, then I plead with you to go to our Father in heaven and ask him to help you be confirmed more to his image so that you will be less self-involved and more other centered. Please understand, I am not condemning you or putting you down but rather seeing in you the person I was before Gods grace changed me. I remember what it was like to be in your shoes and hope that you can one day see it as I do now because it is beautiful from my new perspective.

If you would like to start a PM with me and chat back and forth about the things of God and living as a Christian who is seeking to know and be known of God, I would be happy to entertain conversation with you and give you all I can to help you grow in Gods grace as it is the grace of God that replaces the self centered thought life with thoughts of your fellows and him.

Grace and Peace unto you,

Gary

Hello tb

read this

Bible_Gazer, I knew about the posting restrictions. I believe that they are irrelevant in this topic.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi Tom -

I checked your content to see what your topics were.

Well, I personally didn't answer your Sports: Goalkeepers question because I am not into sports and would have nothing whatsoever to contribute to whatever it was you wanted to speak about.

However, I did have something to contribute to your College question (College and Career forum). I didn't post before because I had not come across the thread before. This is a large forum, and I do not always have time to check everything, and when I come on the board in the early morning, finding "topics since you las posted" gets screwed up with the pre-programmed board maintenance that shuts the board down for a little while. It's annoying. So this is why I did not anwer that particular thread. But I did answer now.

I hope this helps alleviate your fears/concerns that you are being intentionally ignored.

Blessings!

Because of this post I was prompted to go and read all 11 of your posts to understand why I have not responded to anything you have written. Upon reading them, I found that you posted 1 that was of interest and that was your recent enrollment in college. I do not have interest in gaming nor sports as I see both as a waste of time considering that I am working to do that with my life that Jesus, as I understand him, would do with his in my place. The fact that you are new has little to nothing to do with not replying to posts you make. You posted about recently receiving a NLT translation in a thread that has a topic that usually goes bad and I chose deliberately not to get involved much in the thread.

That said, I would like to encourage you to think about something for a moment. This thread is centered around you and how your being affected by what you perceive to be the lack of attention you are receiving here on the boards. My whole life has been lived this way, looking at myself and how the things/people in the world affect me, until I began to understand that I needed to see what I could bring to the world rather than what I can get out of it. If these things bother you, then I plead with you to go to our Father in heaven and ask him to help you be confirmed more to his image so that you will be less self-involved and more other centered. Please understand, I am not condemning you or putting you down but rather seeing in you the person I was before Gods grace changed me. I remember what it was like to be in your shoes and hope that you can one day see it as I do now because it is beautiful from my new perspective.

If you would like to start a PM with me and chat back and forth about the things of God and living as a Christian who is seeking to know and be known of God, I would be happy to entertain conversation with you and give you all I can to help you grow in Gods grace as it is the grace of God that replaces the self centered thought life with thoughts of your fellows and him.

Grace and Peace unto you,

Gary

I have been a Christian for almost a year. And I see several other threads being replied to and only 3 of mine have been replied to. No matter if I am new or not, everyone's threads should at least be looked at.

I am a regular user of christianchat.com. I have been a member since March this year. You start as a Junior Member. When you reach 30 posts, you become a Member. Once you reach 100 posts, you become a Senior Member. I recently became a Senior Member on the site. Many of my threads and posts have been replied to there. So I am wondering why that isn't happening here on WCF.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

when I come on the board in the early morning, finding "topics since you las posted" gets screwed up with the pre-programmed board maintenance that shuts the board down for a little while. It's annoying.

I so know what you mean jade.

Is it me or is it taking longer and longer the period of shut down?

It's frustrating for us Brits as it happens in our time zone when we are trying to post first thing in the morning over a cup

of PG Tips!!! :help:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

when I come on the board in the early morning, finding "topics since you las posted" gets screwed up with the pre-programmed board maintenance that shuts the board down for a little while. It's annoying.

I so know what you mean jade.

Oops - Identity theft!