• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Yitskhaq , Ishaaq , Isaac had ( Had Only One Wife ) Rebekah , Ribqa , Rebecca ,

<snip>

He must take into account his conscience , circumstances , his own principles . Based on The Holy Scriptures of his choice . It can be dangerous to apply his standards in judgeing another person .

What is your source or sources for this post please? 

Refer to post # 56 maybe you miss it .

Post #56 is a reply from Brother Joe, not anything from you indicating where your source is from.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

<snip>

He must take into account his conscience , circumstances , his own principles . Based on The Holy Scriptures of his choice . It can be dangerous to apply his standards in judgeing another person .

What is your source or sources for this post please? 

Refer to post # 56 maybe you miss it .

Like I said I'm curious as to your sources. Post #56 is Fresno Joe's. As Onelight stated for better understanding those in the group Servant are part of the site administers team (Moderators). OneLight and I are a part of that team. This is a discussion forum and clarification is often requested. 

How you post is rather unique and must have a source for the knowledge presented correct? If so please list your sources. We do not allow plagiarism. Worthy is a ministry that just happens to have a discussion forum (WCF). Keep in mind that teaching is reserved for those in the Ministry (Platinums, Watchmen, Chat Servants, Servants, Etc.) We do encourage a good discussion though. :) Are you here to discuss or teach? 

If you have an issue with a Servant in the future please make use of the PM, email, or "report post" feature. 

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the WCF ToS (Terms of Service or Board Rules) you agreed to when joining...

No Plagiarism. You must have permission to post copy righted material. When you do have permission, all due attribution is to be posted as well. (Ex. 20:15, Lev 19:11)

If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private. The moderation team serves this ministry on a voluntary basis. They are human beings and make mistakes. If you disagree with one of their decisions, make use of the PM system or email or the Repost Post button to get satisfaction. (Matt. 18:15)

This is a privately funded message board, we reserve the right to edit or remove any postings that we feel are detrimental to the fellowship on this board, or detrimental to the witness of the board, as we see fit.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

To be fair, the servants have a different post count than the rest of us see. Post 56 that I see is this one:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

<snip>

God spoke in Genesis 2:24  "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."   I am not sure where you were going with what you posted. 

May I suggest that you keep your posts simple.

The title of this post could go either way , Being I don't have the need to Attack people , Nor do I have the need to get into other people bed-room ,  I went this one . So I'm still on the subject . I suggest you pass by my post next time .

No sir, I will not.  Being an administrator, I will read the posts that are reported to us and seek understanding and give suggestions.  By telling anyone to bypass your posts if they ask you questions or offer suggestions is not how this site works.  This is a discussion forum and clarification is ofter requested.  How you post is questionable.

So you understand those in the group Servant are site administers.  Those who have Watchmen are those who hold us accountable. 

Let's be real here if your can  , This person has a problem with gay people bottom line , I don't , And because I disagree with him , He want to play these words game with me , That why I told him to by pass my post . What people do in there bed-room is none of my business . I have no fear of these people , If they give me respect I'm respect them , If they  get out of line I'll put them back in line .  For him or anyone to report me because I Don't side / agree with him/ them  .  That', That bully school yard thing .Children do . I can think for myself .

No-one tell me who to Like , Dislike . This is what it all about , And if he says it not , He speaking Un-truth . Because you wouldn't have a reson to step to me . The title of this post could go ether way . Because he have this Hatred for another human being . Thats on him .. And like I said he not God ,who his he to judge anyone .

He not God ,  Who is he to judge anyone , I have no problem with anyone Question-ing / Challenge any of my post . I stand by whatever I post ,  People can Agree or Disagree it matter not , It no bigthing . If everyone Thought the same , It would be no need for a forum . If he has a problem with another human being . He should take it up with that person . Don't try to covert me to hate another human being . Because I don't play those children games .

• 3 weeks later...

Marriage – it's a lot bigger than just what happens on the wedding day. Marriage is our most important and timeless social institution, which means that changing marriage has consequences for all of society.

See video here

Marriage as people cry to legislate today, is only about 250 years in practice.  That isn't very timeless. 

Very well I'll bite. Who invented marriage?

To me: it shouldn't matter if people are straight or gay. Let them both get married, even if people are of the same sex. If they love each other and are totally committed to each other, then why does it matter? I mean, it's not harmful to the community anyway (and don't use the argument that because they can't reproduce, then they should not get married). Denying marriage to same sex couples is discrimination. Now, granted you all might now believe in allowing same sex marriage, which is fine, I mean, all of our views should be respected, but could you all please respect my views on this? Just like could you please accept gays for whom they are. Now, you could not, or you could, which is fine to me, as in America, we have the first amendment (just as long as you don't trample others rights).

Well, since this is a Christian site, I would not need to use that argument anyway. All I need is the fact that God tells us homosexuality is forbidden. Period. And it is still the law of the majority of the land, in America, that marriage is defined as between a man and a woman, only. They can eventually change the law when it comes to that, but homosexuality will still be forbidden, and a sin, in God's eyes. That does not change simply because a country passes a law to legalize gay marriage. And the sin is not abrogated simply because two people of the same sex get married. That does not remove the sin.

If you consider yourself a Christian, there is no way you can defend, biblically, being pro-homosexual, or pro gay marriage.

I'll be your huckleberry.  I understand you say that with conviction, and out of ignorance because this is what the world is taught.  However, the Bible would have you behave VERY differently than you are doing here, and THE CHURCH WOULD HAVE WORKED FOR gay marriage legally, IF they got involved at all.  The Church of Paul's time wouldn't have cared about what the government did with their laws and licenses. 

If you would enjoy this discussion, I'd be glad to have it here or in the one on one discussions. 

I'd go so far to say if you stand up and scream against the "alphabet community" (g,l,b,t,tg,ts,q,etc..) then you are being Anti Christ.  And Christ's words are why I say it. 

So either the Church should not be involved or should work towards re-defining marriage to include LGBT? What Scriptural passages are you referring to here?

God bless,

GE

Marriage – it's a lot bigger than just what happens on the wedding day. Marriage is our most important and timeless social institution, which means that changing marriage has consequences for all of society.

See video here

Marriage as people cry to legislate today, is only about 250 years in practice.  That isn't very timeless. 

Well, that question doesn't have anything to do with my comment.  

What you consider a "marriage" today, hasn't been around but a couple of hundred years.  Before that it was very different.  But Marriage has been around since before Moses recorded the Torah, and is found in cultures that never heard of the Xian God.  

The idea of marriage/coupling people together is older than the Church is, and older than the Jews are.  That's a historical fact.  

Marriage was/is a contract, an agreement of commitment from one family to another. it is covered with promises, and purchases.  Promise to provide heir, and a ring of value in our culture.  But it could be the old dowry, or the lands or cattle, etc...

Doesn't the preacher say, "by the power vested in me by the State of.....(insanity).... I declare you man and wife?  Seems to me the church admitted the government held the right to declare what was a marriage and wasn't.  And the government has a whole broad, and diverse culture to take care of.  They don't right laws JUST for xians.  They are challenged with protecting ALL the people.  

A marriage was a contract to join families and had many different looks.  It didn't start appearing in churches until later when people wanted to write down and record the agreements, and at that point, most of the people who knew to read and write were priests. 

Now a marriage between a man and a woman, in the corporate church, not denominational church, has a blessing from God.  A marriage outside of the church is no less a marriage, but it's not a marriage blessed by God (Not meaning to speak for God...) 

Marriage was instituted by God. It was His idea and he gave clear indication how it would function. Here's some of what I've been reading lately.

Gen. 1:27

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Gen. 2:18

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

Gen. 2:24

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

A man who finds a good wife finds favor with God.

Prov. 18:22

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

Prov. 19:14

House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.

A good man... Leaves an inheritiance to his children and loves his wife sacrificially as Christ loved the Church.

Prov. 13:22

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.

Col. 3:19

Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

Eph. 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

To me: it shouldn't matter if people are straight or gay. Let them both get married, even if people are of the same sex. If they love each other and are totally committed to each other, then why does it matter? I mean, it's not harmful to the community anyway (and don't use the argument that because they can't reproduce, then they should not get married). Denying marriage to same sex couples is discrimination. Now, granted you all might now believe in allowing same sex marriage, which is fine, I mean, all of our views should be respected, but could you all please respect my views on this? Just like could you please accept gays for whom they are. Now, you could not, or you could, which is fine to me, as in America, we have the first amendment (just as long as you don't trample others rights).

Well, since this is a Christian site, I would not need to use that argument anyway. All I need is the fact that God tells us homosexuality is forbidden. Period. And it is still the law of the majority of the land, in America, that marriage is defined as between a man and a woman, only. They can eventually change the law when it comes to that, but homosexuality will still be forbidden, and a sin, in God's eyes. That does not change simply because a country passes a law to legalize gay marriage. And the sin is not abrogated simply because two people of the same sex get married. That does not remove the sin.

If you consider yourself a Christian, there is no way you can defend, biblically, being pro-homosexual, or pro gay marriage.

I'll be your huckleberry.  I understand you say that with conviction, and out of ignorance because this is what the world is taught.  However, the Bible would have you behave VERY differently than you are doing here, and THE CHURCH WOULD HAVE WORKED FOR gay marriage legally, IF they got involved at all.  The Church of Paul's time wouldn't have cared about what the government did with their laws and licenses. 

If you would enjoy this discussion, I'd be glad to have it here or in the one on one discussions. 

I'd go so far to say if you stand up and scream against the "alphabet community" (g,l,b,t,tg,ts,q,etc..) then you are being Anti Christ.  And Christ's words are why I say it. 

So either the Church should not be involved or should work towards re-defining marriage to include LGBT? What Scriptural passages are you referring to here?

God bless,

GE

Well, that would hijack the thread.  Shall I start another?  Or I may have something somewhere else I could reference you to? 

I'll give one small point just to whet your appetite.  

Jesus said it's easy for anyone to love those that love them.  Then taught that God loves even His enemies, AND PROVIDED for His enemies.  Then Jesus said your love should be exactly as mature as God's is, I.E. provide for your/his enemies. 

Jesus taught that if a man asks for your coat, give him your shirt too. 

Jesus NEVER told the government what to do, Jesus taught the church to be interactive with the people, not the laws. 

Jesus would shame those marching against gay marriage, (Assuming he didn't act on it with divine trump and lightening or something.)

Yeah, I seen you before. I don't think anyone here is going to like a homosexual agenda, so just spit it out.  It's a free country, and one can believe what they want, just don't convolute it as being biblical, and instead go off and have the courage to create your own belief system instead of trying to get it blessed.  The bible clearly speaks of it as being a sin.

Well, that would hijack the thread.  Shall I start another?  Or I may have something somewhere else I could reference you to? 

I'll give one small point just to whet your appetite.  

Jesus said it's easy for anyone to love those that love them.  Then taught that God loves even His enemies, AND PROVIDED for His enemies.  Then Jesus said your love should be exactly as mature as God's is, I.E. provide for your/his enemies. 

Jesus taught that if a man asks for your coat, give him your shirt too. 

Jesus NEVER told the government what to do, Jesus taught the church to be interactive with the people, not the laws. 

Jesus would shame those marching against gay marriage, (Assuming he didn't act on it with divine trump and lightening or something.)

I agree we shouldn't derail this thread futher. I've created a new thread here:

See video here

Well, that question doesn't have anything to do with my comment.  

What you consider a "marriage" today, hasn't been around but a couple of hundred years.  Before that it was very different.  But Marriage has been around since before Moses recorded the Torah, and is found in cultures that never heard of the Xian God.  

The idea of marriage/coupling people together is older than the Church is, and older than the Jews are.  That's a historical fact.  

Marriage was/is a contract, an agreement of commitment from one family to another. it is covered with promises, and purchases.  Promise to provide heir, and a ring of value in our culture.  But it could be the old dowry, or the lands or cattle, etc...

Doesn't the preacher say, "by the power vested in me by the State of.....(insanity).... I declare you man and wife?  Seems to me the church admitted the government held the right to declare what was a marriage and wasn't.  And the government has a whole broad, and diverse culture to take care of.  They don't right laws JUST for xians.  They are challenged with protecting ALL the people.  

A marriage was a contract to join families and had many different looks.  It didn't start appearing in churches until later when people wanted to write down and record the agreements, and at that point, most of the people who knew to read and write were priests. 

Now a marriage between a man and a woman, in the corporate church, not denominational church, has a blessing from God.  A marriage outside of the church is no less a marriage, but it's not a marriage blessed by God (Not meaning to speak for God...) 

Marriage was instituted by God. It was His idea and he gave clear indication how it would function. Here's some of what I've been reading lately.

Gen. 1:27

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Gen. 2:18

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

Gen. 2:24

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

A man who finds a good wife finds favor with God.

Prov. 18:22

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

Prov. 19:14

House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.

A good man... Leaves an inheritiance to his children and loves his wife sacrificially as Christ loved the Church.

Prov. 13:22

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.

Col. 3:19

Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

Eph. 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

God bless,

GE

MAYANS, who had never heard of the Hebrew God, nor of Adam, or Eve, nor of Levi and his priesthood's laws, had marriages. 

That's just one culture. 

The Torah was written only 6000 years ago.  Marriage WE KNOW FOR AN ARCHAEOLOGICAL FACT, existed before then.

Marriage isn't ONLY in the church. 

I suppose that depends on your view of creation.

I'm a YEC - Young Earth Creatinist. I believe the earth to be 6,000 to 10,000 years old.

Marriage is God's invention for His glory, purpose, and delight - a reflection of who God is. God is the Redeemer, Pursuer, Lover, Husband, and Friend. The Church is His adulturous bride that is made pure by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  :thumbsup:

What do you believe?

God bless,

GE