• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

maybe it's time that christians unite and boycott them this time... maybe cathy has been deceived into thinking that God is less powerful than the world is.

I appreciate the frustration, but brother-against-brother before the world isn't going to exalt the Lord. You know?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I don't see how this businesses current stand is doing a disservice to the Gospel. Please explain?

Chick-fil-A was donating to groups that are perceived to be "anti-homosexual" by the Leftist Thought Police and the Statist Truth Squads. Groups that are demonized simply because they promote traditional marriage.

Chick-fil-A is no longer donating to those groups.

I suppose, then, the question is - is it better to "take a stand" and then back down; or is it better to have never taken a stand at all?

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I don't see how this businesses current stand is doing a disservice to the Gospel. Please explain?

Chick-fil-A was donating to groups that are perceived to be "anti-homosexual" by the Leftist Thought Police and the Statist Truth Squads.

They are no longer doing so.

I suppose the question is - is it better to "take a stand" and then back down; or is it better to have never taken a stand at all?

Blessings!

-Ed

Backing away from a principled stand makes them look browbeaten and timid.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Chick-fil-A was donating to groups that are perceived to be "anti-homosexual" by the Leftist Thought Police and the Statist Truth Squads. Groups that are demonized simply because they promote traditional marriage.

Chick-fil-A is no longer donating to those groups.

I suppose, then, the question is - is it better to "take a stand" and then back down; or is it better to have never taken a stand at all?

Blessings!

-Ed

From what I read in the article is was only one group that Chik Fil A decided not to donate to anymore.

They also have stated that they will treat all humans regardless of race or creed with respect and Love.

This does not mean that they will compromise their principles or the Gospel.

From what I read in the article is was only one group that Chik Fil A decided not to donate to anymore.

Please look again. I read the article carefully, and GROUPS was always plural. Several were mentioned by name. I think you were perhaps looking at where it mentioned WinShape Foundations - which is it's non-profit arm which actually determines what contributions the corporation makes.

They also have stated that they will treat all humans regardless of race or creed with respect and Love.

That's fine - but in the context of the controversy, doesn't it imply that previously (when they were giving to traditional marriage groups) they WEREN'T treating all humans with respect and love?

Are those who believe in traditional marriage being disrespectful of all humans?

This does not mean that they will compromise their principles or the Gospel.

I give them credit for taking a stand in the first place (99.9 percent of corporations would not) - but I cannot cheer them now for what I perceive as caving to "politically correctness."

In the long run - I believe the Cause of Christ is hurt (which is really the only important thing).

Blessings!

-Ed

I agree Ed. At first the company was standing up for Christ and were supported by Christians.

Now, they have caved.

Do Christians have the courage of their convictions or does the quest for profits trump our Christianity? This is a horrible witness to unbelievers.

I posed a question in a previous post:

I struggle with that - as I suspect many Christians do.

Of course it is better to take a stand - but once taken, do not back down.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well - this is getting to be bizarre.

The nation's largest privately held fast-food chicken restaurant is not responding to claims by a Chicago-based gay rights organization that it has changed its policy of donating to organizations that support traditional marriage.

Related

A group known as the The Civil Rights Agenda released a statement based on comments from a letter Chicago Alderman Joe Moreno apparently received from Chick-fil-A's director of real estate, saying it would no longer donate to "anti-gay" organizations.

On their website, TCRA says their mission "is to maintain and increase individual rights for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer citizens in Illinois."

Although national media outlets are reporting that Chick-fil-A will no longer be donating to certain pro-family groups such as Focus on the Family and the National Organization for Marriage, a copy of the letter to Moreno has not been publicly produced. Now some pro-gay media columnists are even questioning its existence.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I hope its fake-especially after all the support people gave them.

As we have stated, the Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators.

Please explain how that is a departure from their previously held position.

I don't understand why we Christians always want to eat our own prior to all the facts being in?