IGNORED

What will happen if we turn a deaf ear to these words of God?

7angel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I know the book of Sirach, is the work of the Holy Spirit in Sirach, but I can not say it is a book inspired by God, because I can not prove it, nobody can.

I preach the Gospel explaining the parables, because I have the gift to do it, but I can not prove that I have the gift, no one can, even having the gift, you know why? - Because even though I preach the word of God correctly, nobody can understand what I say, unless God give you understanding. as to disciples of emaus

Ok,Ok, you claim the book is the work of the Holy Spirit, but not of God? Ok.

You preach in parables no one can understand? That is very evident.

You say God has to gift one with understanding to know what it is you say? Is that even scriptural?

7angel, may I make a suggestion?

Try straight language for a change and see what happens?

Even Jesus explained His parables to those who heard......................

I speak seriously - you speak with irony - why?

You do not know what it says, Jesus explained His parables only to his disciples, to others only in parables.

Luke 8

10 and he said, "To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of God to others only in parables, so that = seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand. =

18 Take heed therefore how ye hear who has will be given, and whoever does not have, even what he believes it will be taken away. "

You do not know what it says, Jesus explained His parables only to his disciples, to others only in parables.

Are you saying you are some sort of disciple?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

There's nothing unusual if I am

We should all be disciple of Jesus, if you do not, you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven

Jesus is the only one who can let you know the truth and be free through the Holy Spirit

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Luke 24

The Appearance on the Road to Emmaus.*

3 Now that very day two of them were going to a village seven miles* from Jerusalem called Emmaus,

14 and they were conversing about all the things that had occurred.

15 And it happened that while they were conversing and debating, Jesus himself drew near and walked with them

16 but their eyes were prevented from recognizing him.

17 He asked them, “What are you discussing as you walk along?” They stopped, looking downcast.

18 One of them, named Cleopas, said to him in reply, “Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem who does not know of the things that have taken place there in these days?”

19 And he replied to them, “What sort of things?” They said to him, “The things that happened to Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people,k

20 how our chief priests and rulers both handed him over to a sentence of death and crucified him.

21 But we were hoping that he would be the one to redeem Israel; and besides all this, it is now the third day since this took place.

22 Some women from our group, however, have astounded us: they were at the tomb early in the morning

23 and did not find his body; they came back and reported that they had indeed seen a vision of angels who announced that he was alive. 24 Then some of those with us went to the tomb and found things just as the women had described, but him they did not see.”

25 And he said to them, “Oh, how foolish you are! How slow of heart to believe all that the prophets spoke!

26 Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer* these things and enter into his glory?”

27 Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them what referred to him in all the scriptures.p

28 As they approached the village to which they were going, he gave the impression that he was going on farther.

29 But they urged him, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening and the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.

30 And it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.

31 With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight.

32 Then they said to each other, “Were not our hearts burning [within us] while he spoke to us on the way and opened the scriptures to us?”

33 So they set out at once and returned to Jerusalem where they found gathered together the eleven and those with them

34 who were saying, “The Lord has truly been raised and has appeared to Simon!”q

35 Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread.

I noticed this followed my post asking who "emaus" is. Not knowing you, I have to ask if this is an answer to my post or if you are referring to Dave's questions?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

There's nothing unusual if I am

We should all be disciple of Jesus, if you do not, you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven

Jesus is the only one who can let you know the truth and be free through the Holy Spirit

I am well aware of the meaning of the word in that sense.

But as to my specific question, and I will spell it out for you...

You do not know what it says, Jesus explained His parables only to his disciples

Do you believe that Jesus has told you that you are a disciple above and beyond the Matthew 28 idea of what a disciple is?

Has He singled you out and spoken to you directly as to being a disciple?

Can I be any more plain with my question?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

What will happen if we turn a deaf ear to these words of God?

Well short answer is:

If they were spoken by God, God understands our hearts and sent Jesus, to forgive our sins.

ICL~~~Dennis

Fez says

Do you believe that Jesus has told you that you are a disciple above and beyond the Matthew 28 idea of what a disciple is?

Has He singled you out and spoken to you directly as to being a disciple?

Can I be any more plain with my question?

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Open it as another issue to discern,

I propose the following Lord cobol 1959

Choose you a parable, and I'll explain

Then I choose another and you explain

Right?

I propose a discussion be made or this thread will be shut down. Discussions are not one sided ...

dis·cus·sion

an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., especially to explore solutions; informal debate.

I proposed the debate because cobalt 1959, left the OP.

cobalt 1959, do always manipulate post?

I proposed the debate because cobalt 1959, left the OP.

cobalt 1959, do always manipulate post?

He is not manipulating anything, just wondering why you have not answered questions. By refusing to answer, it appears that you are trying to manipulate the thread. That is what a discussion forum is about ... questions, answers, more questions, more answers. Threads are two or more way conversations, not a teacher/student lesson.