• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I once believed that becoming a Christian meant a life filled with Blessings and Peace and that Christians would always be protected by God and no harm would ever befall them... that served the Lord Jesus Christ.

I now believe that, the gift of Faith I have in Christ, does not get me around the troubles of life but through the troubles of life and it gives me the strength to say NO to that tormentor from Satan, if I choose to listen to the Holy Spirit's gentle voice within.

Dennis

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/12/1966

I used to believed God love was unconditional.

Now I'm not so sure who He loves and to what extent.

Edited by Moseby

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

I used to think that when bad things happened to a Christian it was because God punished them for a certain thing they did, but I've come to learn that we are punished by our own sins (actions) and that it usually happens when we distance ourselves from God therefore distancing ourselves from God' protection over us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

Christians cannot be possessed or indwelled (if you will) by demons because we are already indwelt by the Holy Spirit...

Well, this is your opinion and not really backed up by scripture IMO...the word possessed, for one thing, is not the proper translation

in most cases

The proper term would be that the person possesses the demon and NOT the demon possesses the person...that would apply

to Christians

However, this thread is actually about viewpoints and not meant for teaching or debating.

I think we should listen sometimes to know where others are coming from. I can come on pretty strong and I know you can too

I think we fail to hear what others are saying some of the time and that is something I have learned and am learning

Doesn't matter whether it is right or wrong in this thread

It just 'is'. Thanks :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Interesting thread. I like the no debate theme but simple sharing of where we were and where we are now.

I used to believe that God was very distant.

Now I believe he is as close as my next breath.

I used to believe there was a perfect church.

Now I believe God is presently perfecting his church.

I used to believe the bible was mans take on God.

Now I believe the bible is Gods presentation of himself unto man.

I used to believe that when something went bad it was hopeless to fix.

Now I believe nothing is impossible with God.

I used to believe that I could come up with a better way of teaching the truth in the bible unto others.

Now I believe that I need to help others simply see the path to faith that can be followed that has existed for thousands of years.

I used to believe in coincidence and chance.

Now I believe in the sovereignty of God.

I used to believe that many things in the world were mutually exclusive.

Now I believe that you can find the roots of all things in scripture.

I used to believe that one needed a written contract for the purpose of any agreement.

Now I believe that ones word is their bond before God and no paper contract is necessary.

Gary

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I used to believed God love was unconditional.

Now I'm not so sure who He loves and to what extent.

I didn't believe it for a very long time that God could love me ~~~I do now...and He loves me and you all the time and besides that I learned in my daughter's 4th grade (we Christian homeschool)...that He doesn't love our sin...but He loves us...

I used to think I could just keep on doing what I was doing and that it wasn't hurting anybody or anything like partying, smoking, drinking~~~Now I know that God loves me too much to leave me the same...He changed me and my mind...

I used to think that God didn't really care~~~Now I know Him as A Father (God the Father) and A Brother (God the Son) and A Helper (God the Holy Spirit)...I know HIm to chasten those whom He Loves...(to inflict suffering upon for purposes of moral improvement or to restrain; subdue...) and it's all good for those called according to His Purpose...and guess who didn't want to hear that God could do that to His Children...and that I wasn't perfect and that I would act up sometimes...me!!! But now...I know I will live through it and its for my own good...sometimes it doesn't seem like it, though...He still loves me...and sometimes it's just like when my daddy would go and cut a switch...and my daughter is learning the same thing...I love her too much to leave her the same!!! I'm telling you...He loves us!!!

I used to be broken, defeated, down-hearted etc. etc. and thought I would live that way all the rest of my life!!! And that nobody cared~~~Now I know that (and you if you so choose to believe) that we are a Child of The Living God...That Every Need Is Met...That He Draws us to Himself!!! That In Christ Is The Hope of Glory!!! That I Am Complete In Him!!! Whew...That He Is My Healer, My Deliverer, My Provider...My All and All...

Love you In HIm, Kathy