I choked the word - am I doomed

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

It is satan's JOB to tell you you're not saved. He's just doing his job. Since he is a LIAR, and since he is telling you you're not saved, we can rest assured that--feelings quite aside--you are God's child.

The devil does this to EVERY CHRISTIAN!

Good point. When my wife was baptised in the Holy Spirit, she spoke in tongues. I remember her praying in tongues and laying hands on my son who was very sick at the time (skins and bones....food allergies and such). He later started to eat everything in sight and is now a big strapping boy. Satan came to her and she doubted what she had received, that it might be a counterfeit. It went downhill from there. As an immature Christian, I was not much help to her (and I was not the spiritual leader I should have been). She came out of Church of Christ and I was Baptist. She passed away in August. Someone spoke to my family years ago in a church and said they saw my family being destroyed. I hope not. I now have this spirit of fear and my son is having headaches and dizziness. Please keep us in your prayers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Thanks so much for the advice. I still question whether receipt of "the word" is a one time event. Consequences are listed in the wheat/tares scripture. I don't see where another opportunity is given. Is "the word" the gospel of Christ in this passage? If so, it can only be received once.

Thanks so much for the advice. I still question whether receipt of "the word" is a one time event. Consequences are listed in the wheat/tares scripture. I don't see where another opportunity is given. Is "the word" the gospel of Christ in this passage? If so, it can only be received once.

I'll bet "Doubting Thomas" and the Apostle Peter are sure glad that Word can be received at least twice!

But if you're dead set on tormenting yourself; you are a better judge than am I of what you need right now.......

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hi buscuit, I want to use the previous post and answer some of your questions using it. Especially the quoted bit below..

Get back in your word, tell the devil your not buying into these things, and soon after you resist the devil and submit back to God, all things will be good again...

If Christians never left the Word, there would not be so many scriptures to tell us to cast down thoughts, resist the devil and submit to God, to think on these things, to be transformed.. and so on... God already made provisions to get back on track.....That is why he told us what to do, when we get off our course... You will be just fine... Emotional feelings and thoughts can seem stronger than the Word that said I will never leave you or forsake you... get back in the word, feed your spirit man, and soon it will be more real that God is always there, and is always got your best interest at heart...

Firstly, no, all things will not always be good while we are still here, walking our walk. Bad things will happen. People will die, we will lose jobs, relationships will crash, we will get sick, whether we love God or not. That's just a fact of life, and the bible does not tell us otherwise.

Some of the best scriptures written to tell us to "cast down thoughts, resist satan and submit to God" can be found in Romans. And the amazing thing is that Paul wrote the words while in prison.

See, Paul understood what the words he was writing in Romans about "all things work to the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose" meant. Paul knew that the "good" that God wants for us is nothing short of eternal life and us dancing at His party, not about us feeling good, hyped on emotions and driving a Corvette, because "all things will be good again", is bordering on prosperity gospel, and we don't do that here at Worthy.

What you need to do, all you need to do, is sit at the foot of His cross, tell Him you are sorry, ask Him to forgive you, and to show you the way forward. He will answer and He will show you the way. Thing is it might not be the easy way, but it will be the right way.

Trust in God, call out to Him, and listen when He answers.

That's all you have to do.

God Bless.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Biscuit, my trials went on for a period of about 4 months and my recovery was not instant but slow, happening gradually over a period of about a month. That may not give much comfort but I want you to understand that not only was I restored but I was actually exalted by God in my spirit. I ended up with a closer walk with him than before I fell. If you would like to talk by phone just PM me and I will be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. I know just how horrible it feels to look left and God is not there and then right and no God there either, but only to be all alone, scared and weak. When you pray, let me encourage you to ask God to fill you with his Holy Spirit. Plead with him to come in unto you and make his abode with you. Remember Israel, God could not take their crying unto him and it broke him so he restored them though they had been abominable. He will restore you. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Those who have been cast off by him are they who simply no longer even believe any of it. They are people like viole, Fathom and Celcius in the outer court. They have heard it all but nothing affects them any longer. You on the other hand know. God has not let you go. Now be like Jacob and wrestle with him and tell him you wont let him go until he blesses you....

Praying for you again,

Gary

Gary,

I appreciate the offer and I may call you later if things start getting worse. I'm doing fair right now. I should have trusted in God thru all this but my doctor noticed I was depressed and had lost 35 to 40 pounds so he gave me some nerve pills. I had been laying on the couch sleeping most of the day and I could tell it was starting to affect my son. My wife had this spirit of fear when she died. So I took some clonazepam today and we got out and did a few things in town. I was actually holding up good till this week with my worship and praising. Like I said, I felt like something just left me and all I could do was fix my son some food in the morning and then lay on the couch most of the day. I try to sleep a couple of hours till about 1am, then listen to my audio Bible till 3am (since I will get woken up anyway), and then sleep fair off and on till 8 or 9 or so. May I ask if you have been baptised in the Holy Spirit or speak in tongues? I really want to hear God's voice and know His will for me. He does speak to me thru scripture sometimes but not the same. He has talked to me thru prophecy before. Do you feel that this spirit of fear was a "thorn in the side" experience? God has dealt with me regarding pride and I know He wants it gone. Thanks for the comforting words. .... James

James, I have never spoke in tongues. I don't exactly understand what is meant by being baptized in the spirit when someone refers to it but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt when the Spirit of God is upon me and filling my vessel full of his very presence. It is more amazing than anything I have ever experienced and something I crave continuously everyday since having experienced it. My comforter who is really good at his job. He is with me as I type these words unto you. I cherish his presence with me.

I don't know if I would classify it as a thorn in the side experience but it does sound like severe chastening from God though. The thorn in the side is not chastening but more of an aid to help one to keep from becoming lifted up in pride due to possessing excessive amounts of revelation as Paul had. I consistently want to encourage you to ask God to fill you with his spirit as it is the Spirit of God who is the comforter and comfort is something you desperately need right now. Search your heart for all manner of sin and confess that which you find and turn away from it. Always remember that it isn't necessarily something that is a direct result of your sin as Satan can simply falsely accuse you before God as he did Job. Something untested is unknown. Do as Fez, Leonard and Mike all suggested and continue in the word and try not to be the one punishing yourself. Even King David encouraged himself with that which he knew about God. Saturate your mind with things you know about God such as affirmations like "God delivered the whole nation of Israel from bondage in Egypt, he can certainly deliver me from this". Think on what God has already done for you, like that which he once did for your son as you shared. I like to remember the day that God moved people to place a certain book in a certain place so that it would be the perfect answer to a certain prayer that I made just so I would understand how much he cared about the smallest details in my life.

We serve a big God. I wouldn't necessarily suggest that you wait until it gets worse to call me or anyone else for that matter but calling and talking to brothers in Christ is an amazing way to be lifted up out of a funk like your in. Consider the words of Solomon....

Ecc 4:9-10 ¶ Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him [that is] alone when he falleth; for [he hath] not another to help him up.

I'm here for you...will PM my number for your consideration that you might have it to call out for encouragement.

Gary

Biscuit, my trials went on for a period of about 4 months and my recovery was not instant but slow, happening gradually over a period of about a month. That may not give much comfort but I want you to understand that not only was I restored but I was actually exalted by God in my spirit. I ended up with a closer walk with him than before I fell. If you would like to talk by phone just PM me and I will be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. I know just how horrible it feels to look left and God is not there and then right and no God there either, but only to be all alone, scared and weak. When you pray, let me encourage you to ask God to fill you with his Holy Spirit. Plead with him to come in unto you and make his abode with you. Remember Israel, God could not take their crying unto him and it broke him so he restored them though they had been abominable. He will restore you. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Those who have been cast off by him are they who simply no longer even believe any of it. They are people like viole, Fathom and Celcius in the outer court. They have heard it all but nothing affects them any longer. You on the other hand know. God has not let you go. Now be like Jacob and wrestle with him and tell him you wont let him go until he blesses you....

Praying for you again,

Gary

Gary,

I appreciate the offer and I may call you later if things start getting worse. I'm doing fair right now. I should have trusted in God thru all this but my doctor noticed I was depressed and had lost 35 to 40 pounds so he gave me some nerve pills. I had been laying on the couch sleeping most of the day and I could tell it was starting to affect my son. My wife had this spirit of fear when she died. So I took some clonazepam today and we got out and did a few things in town. I was actually holding up good till this week with my worship and praising. Like I said, I felt like something just left me and all I could do was fix my son some food in the morning and then lay on the couch most of the day. I try to sleep a couple of hours till about 1am, then listen to my audio Bible till 3am (since I will get woken up anyway), and then sleep fair off and on till 8 or 9 or so. May I ask if you have been baptised in the Holy Spirit or speak in tongues? I really want to hear God's voice and know His will for me. He does speak to me thru scripture sometimes but not the same. He has talked to me thru prophecy before. Do you feel that this spirit of fear was a "thorn in the side" experience? God has dealt with me regarding pride and I know He wants it gone. Thanks for the comforting words. .... James

James, I have never spoke in tongues. I don't exactly understand what is meant by being baptized in the spirit when someone refers to it but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt when the Spirit of God is upon me and filling my vessel full of his very presence. It is more amazing than anything I have ever experienced and something I crave continuously everyday since having experienced it. My comforter who is really good at his job. He is with me as I type these words unto you. I cherish his presence with me.

I don't know if I would classify it as a thorn in the side experience but it does sound like severe chastening from God though. The thorn in the side is not chastening but more of an aid to help one to keep from becoming lifted up in pride due to possessing excessive amounts of revelation as Paul had. I consistently want to encourage you to ask God to fill you with his spirit as it is the Spirit of God who is the comforter and comfort is something you desperately need right now. Search your heart for all manner of sin and confess that which you find and turn away from it. Always remember that it isn't necessarily something that is a direct result of your sin as Satan can simply falsely accuse you before God as he did Job. Something untested is unknown. Do as Fez, Leonard and Mike all suggested and continue in the word and try not to be the one punishing yourself. Even King David encouraged himself with that which he knew about God. Saturate your mind with things you know about God such as affirmations like "God delivered the whole nation of Israel from bondage in Egypt, he can certainly deliver me from this". Think on what God has already done for you, like that which he once did for your son as you shared. I like to remember the day that God moved people to place a certain book in a certain place so that it would be the perfect answer to a certain prayer that I made just so I would understand how much he cared about the smallest details in my life.

We serve a big God. I wouldn't necessarily suggest that you wait until it gets worse to call me or anyone else for that matter but calling and talking to brothers in Christ is an amazing way to be lifted up out of a funk like your in. Consider the words of Solomon....

Ecc 4:9-10 ¶ Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him [that is] alone when he falleth; for [he hath] not another to help him up.

I'm here for you...will PM my number for your consideration that you might have it to call out for encouragement.

Gary

Gary,

Thank you. Got your number. I definitely may call you....not sure when is a good time. I am in central time zone. Right now, I get a little nervous on the phone and still haven't talked to my brother who is in another state, but I do text him. I spoke to my sister recently but took a nerve pill first....that probably sounds a little weird. I thank you for your concern and good advice. I always thought that baptism of the Holy Spirit (with evidence of tongues) was a gift beyond the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Some people claim that you must speak in tongues as evidence of salvation, but I do not know about this. The church I go to seems to operate in full gifts but do not abuse gifts. It is not uncommon for there to be a "tongue" spoken and the pastor is usually the one who provides the interpretation. I feel that God has talked to me at least a few times in my life thru this interpretation. He has also talked to me thru quickening of the Word in my spirit as I read and waking up to certain passages on my audio Bible. I do not hear an "inner voice" or inner prompting as some Christians do.

Yes, definitely a severe chastening. God got my attention. I am feeling a little more peace lately and am trying more to trust Him, rather than fixing things myself as I usually try to do (pride, rebellion). I am trying to get less "panicky" .... I think my son and I have gone forth for prayer almost every service since this all started. I am trying to lean more on the Lord and be more patient.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I feel I was recently chastened and I received a spirit of fear. I did not fully understand what was happening. I think I also received "the word" (wheat and tares parable). I felt close to God for weeks, but was worrying about some cares of the world and allowed "the word" to be choked out. Looking back, I know I should have ignored the world while this was going on and should have been reading my Bible when I was awakened at night (rather than trying to go back to sleep). I see this now. I feel "carnal" again. It is my understanding that you need to "keep the word" and that this is the time that the Holy Spirit renews you. I assume that receiving the word is a one time shot. Is there any recourse now or am I doomed to Hell. I can't imagine walking this earth as a zombie with a spirit of fear (waking me up multiple times each night) simply waiting for death and Hell. How long can my body hold up? Any advice or prayers would be appreciated.

Don't even sweat it. You were just being human. Remember, living in God's grace doesn't mean behaving perfectly. It just means you are choosing to have faith that his grace is bigger than your sins.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

My favorite verses on which I rely on.

Romans 8:33-34; 38-39

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I like to read it this way, and I will be accused of adding to and taking away from the word.

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect - not God, he is the one who justifieth.

Who is he that condemneth - not Christ, he is the one who died and is at the right hand of God making intercession for Biscuit.

Biscuit, you can not walk away from God, and he is not a God that if we miss one thing he is ready to condemn us.

Many times I have been where you are and God had to use someone to pull me to my senses.

Don't believe the enemy's lie, believe God's word and truth.

My favorite verses on which I rely on.

Romans 8:33-34; 38-39

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I like to read it this way, and I will be accused of adding to and taking away from the word.

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect - not God, he is the one who justifieth.

Who is he that condemneth - not Christ, he is the one who died and is at the right hand of God making intercession for Biscuit.

Biscuit, you can not walk away from God, and he is not a God that if we miss one thing he is ready to condemn us.

Many times I have been where you are and God had to use someone to pull me to my senses.

Don't believe the enemy's lie, believe God's word and truth.

Thank you, Monarchy for the encouraging words. I woke up so discouraged today & feeling in a rut and just hoping there willl be a change or a breakthru at some point. God bless.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Thank you, Monarchy for the encouraging words. I woke up so discouraged today & feeling in a rut and just hoping there will be a change or a breakthrough at some point. God bless.

I am glad you received something through what I shared, praise the Lord.

I've been down that road before. It's the most terrifying experience you can have. I'd give you two things.

Matthew 10:22 "But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

and

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

Persevere brother. Because perseverance is a sign of your being in the Word of God. Where you are, is the greatest place you can be, and no enemy can snatch you from His hands.

Thank you, Lance. Good advice.