• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

ar in Gaza – Day Five: Terrorists morph into victims

Shabbat in Israel and Gaza has seen a continuation of the fighting. Over 700 hundred jihadi rockets have been fired by Hamas squads against Israeli civilians in the last four days. Over 240 of these rockets have been downed by the Israeli Iron Dome anti-missile batteries. Using Beersheva as a microcosmic example – of the 250 rockets fired on Shabbat, 31 were fired against Beersheva, and of these, 16 were shot down.

The IAF has made over 1,000 bombing sorties in four days, and as of Saturday night, a total of 45 Gazans have been killed in these four days of sorties, the majority being Hamas fighters. Gazan sources say that 400 have been wounded.

To give a Middle Eastern perspective on comparative casualties, in Syria on one day of fighting (Friday November 16) 103 Syrian civilians were killed by shelling and bombing. Over 37,000 Syrians have been killed in ongoing hostilities, while 416,000 Syrians are refugees.

<snip>

Israel’s successes in shooting down terror rocket attacks in the air while destroying Hamas rocket stores on the ground (hidden among Gaza’s civilian population) has engendered a conflicted response on the part of Hamas and the Islamic world. Instead of proudly boasting that Muslim Brotherhood forces are being martyred on the path of Allah’s jihad, they are complaining that Israel is guilty of aggression, massacre, war crimes etc. The Arab League (which has been strangely silent for many months about the mass murders, massacres and slaughter in Syria) has sprung into action, crying that Israeli aggression must not go unpunished.

Recent history shows that the Arab League is not only hypocritical in these matters, but has itself advocated genocide against the Jewish state. In May 14, 1948 the Secretary-General of the Arab League Azzam Pasha declared at a Cairo press conference (reported the next day in the New York Times) regarding the coming Arab invasion of Israel, “This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades.”

Read more here

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

The Arab League (which has been strangely silent for many months about the mass murders, massacres and slaughter in Syria) has sprung into action, crying that Israeli aggression must not go unpunished.

Typical.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Terrorists morph into victims.

Cowards often cry that they are victims of the people they have brutalized.

Cowards hiding behind women and children playing soldiers and putting their own people in danger by setting up weapons of death next to their own living quarters.

Hamas Men with no honor............

flagmor.gifDennis.......

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Cowards hiding behind women and children playing soldiers and putting their own people in danger by setting up weapons of death next to their own living quarters.

flagmor.gifDennis.......

You know, O.S., I can't add anything to your words or say them any better. I will just add....Amen.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Another Amen OldShep! I just want to add that it makes me sick what Israel must put up with before the world thinks it's reasonable to stop the aggression and defend itself. Their long-suffering and patience isn't appreciated, so I think they should start aggressively defending themselves sooner.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Another Amen OldShep! I just want to add that it makes me sick what Israel must put up with before the world thinks it's reasonable to stop the aggression and defend itself. Their long-suffering and patience isn't appreciated, so I think they should start aggressively defending themselves sooner.

I so agree, nChrist. Our country would go to war the FIRST time another country shot a rocket into one of our cities. Israel should do what is best for their people and the rest of the world be hanged.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

flagmor.gifDennis.......

I so agree, nChrist. Our country would go to war the FIRST time another country shot a rocket into one of our cities. Israel should do what is best for their people and the rest of the world be hanged.

This.

Israel has shown tremendous restraint toward the continued provocation levelled at her from terriorist countries. One day soon, the battle will be won once and for all.

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Why are we allied with Israel? The longer this conflict ensues the less sense it makes.

Answering as a Christian:

We have been "grafted" onto the vine of Israel. We are blessed through the Jews because we have received the Bible and the Messiah through them by God's covenant with Abraham, who promised to "bless all the world" through Abraham's seed.

Answering as an American:

Like you mentioned, we have a common enemy. Those fanatical Muslims who seek to either convert the entire world to Islam, make those who refuse into "Dhimmis" (second class citizens who must pay a tax to live among Muslims), or to slay those who refuse even that.

Also, no person with a heart or conscience would stand by and allow those enemies of Israel to succeed with their plans to "drive the Jews into the sea" or to "wipe Israel off the map."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Israel is a nation of people that have have continually rebelled against God, rejected Christ as the Son of God and still do to this day.

And this is different from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, Russia, China, Viet Nam, modern Europe, and the majority of Americans . . . how?

For the last 2,000 years the Jews have rejected Christ.

So have Buddhists, Hindus, and Muslims (ok, minus a few centuries since their religion started later). Why pick on the Jews?

John 14.6 is not part of their doctrine. In fact, the entire NT is pretty much a lie according the Jews.

Atheists believe the same. So why pick on the Jews?

The US is a predominately a Christian nation yet we're allied with a country that doesn't share our belief system. I don't get it.

If the US is predominantly Christian, why was prayer kicked out of school? Why do violence and sex predominate our entertainment? Why are opponents to abortion and homosexuality demonized?

Tell me, ndibiri, how your words have any love in them?

Some more context around the question..."why are we allied with Israel?"

We seem to have one common enemy - Islamic extremists - but very different belief systems. Israel is a nation of people that have have continually rebelled against God, rejected Christ as the Son of God and still do to this day. For the last 2,000 years the Jews have rejected Christ. John 14.6 is not part of their doctrine. In fact, the entire NT is pretty much a lie according the Jews. The US is a predominately a Christian nation yet we're allied with a country that doesn't share our belief system. I don't get it.

Show me a nation that has not, and is not, rebelling against God.

It's all a matter of degree. If you were to measure rebellion against God by the actions of a nation, the USA would currently be in the top list of "most wicked".

Matthew 7:2

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with whatmeasure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.