AlexanderJ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Bold Believer: While you are correct that Paul did not use the phrase first resurrection, we still would not agree to its participants would be. In the first place if it was restricted to only those beheaded during Rome's killing of the saints, that would exclude any saint killed in another manner. Plus in the Kingdom rule of Christ there will be many children born to those going into the reign and where would they come? The glorified saints of your first resurrection would have glorified bodies and will they be married, to whom. And they will all have been transformed into the image of Christ, so where do those that rise up amongst the nations come from in Rev 20:7-10 that Christ will destroy just after the 1000 years of reigning? On top of that, this in Rev 20:5-6 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. Saints in Christ are never referred to as I can remember as being dead, they are with Christ Jesus and He said He would never leave them and if He is on earth, where are they? Also if they are to rise as you say after the reign on earth then would that mean that they will be subject to the second death? There are a lot of questions that arise using your logic don't you think? We will just have to agree to disagree.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

In the beginning of the day or at the end as a day with the lord is as a thousand years? Some I believe will rise with the new day while others will rise at the end of the day but all will rise again.

Gary

What part of 'last' do you not understand? Last means last. Period. There is a final day which will occur at the Father's desire. Even the Son doesn't know when it will occur. I don't mean to be condescending here, but this is as obvious as the nose on our collective faces. L A S T.

I understand that it is my understanding that you believe is in error here. To ask the question you do, you must assume that the bible is speaking of a single 24 hour period of time known as a day and on the last of these there will be a resurrection of the dead that will occur. As I have said, I believe the text speaks of the millennium as a day. I know you don't agree. We shall agree to disagree, no?

Gary

Actually Gary, the Scriptures never speak of the thousand years as a single day. The Greek term chilioi is translated as a long period of indeterminate time. The other Biblical phrases which speak of a thousand years in this manner are these two:

Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight [are but] as yesterday when it is past, and [as] a watch in the night.

and

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

and are references to the way God sees time as opposed to the way we humans see time. They have nothing to do with the millennium. The last day has been pre-determined by the Father and will occur when it arrives, and when it DOES occur, the events of

Revelation 20:9 and following will happen on that day.

This explains why you end in error thinking we are in the little season. Agree to disagree. We are not going to change each others position. When one misses the duality to Gods word, they only get half the story. God bless.

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God is in communication to us By Himself the Holy Spirit and He says

1 Jn 1:7

7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,

and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

NKJV

As the place we are put is day, is a day, is a day... and we are subject to the days in a very meaningful way

Mt 6:34

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.

Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

NKJV

a very important hermeneutic principle is The Word Itself must give us permission to reckon

outside of the plain meaning of Scripture or else it becomes private interpretation... Love, Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,

NKJV

As the place we are put is day, is a day, is a day... and we are subject to the days in a very meaningful way

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.

NKJV

a very important hermeneutic principle is The Word Itself must give us permission to reckon

outside of the plain meaning of Scripture or else it becomes private interpretation... Love, Steven

Private interpretation = special dispensation = everybody but me is wrong :whistling:

NKJV

NKJV

Private interpretation = special dispensation = everybody but me is wrong :whistling:

OH sea's don't die or all will not have the truth... :whistling:reversewhistle.jpg

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

say what now? LOL!...no time soon unless God grants my next request for "Please take me home" which I do make from time to time

:madgrin: like that whistler reversal....do you suppose it is whistler's smiley?

about the truth: I think they still sell Bibles don't they? :brightidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

In the beginning of the day or at the end as a day with the lord is as a thousand years? Some I believe will rise with the new day while others will rise at the end of the day but all will rise again.

Gary

What part of 'last' do you not understand? Last means last. Period. There is a final day which will occur at the Father's desire. Even the Son doesn't know when it will occur. I don't mean to be condescending here, but this is as obvious as the nose on our collective faces. L A S T.

I understand that it is my understanding that you believe is in error here. To ask the question you do, you must assume that the bible is speaking of a single 24 hour period of time known as a day and on the last of these there will be a resurrection of the dead that will occur. As I have said, I believe the text speaks of the millennium as a day. I know you don't agree. We shall agree to disagree, no?

Gary

Actually Gary, the Scriptures never speak of the thousand years as a single day. The Greek term chilioi is translated as a long period of indeterminate time. The other Biblical phrases which speak of a thousand years in this manner are these two:

Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight [are but] as yesterday when it is past, and [as] a watch in the night.

and

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

and are references to the way God sees time as opposed to the way we humans see time. They have nothing to do with the millennium. The last day has been pre-determined by the Father and will occur when it arrives, and when it DOES occur, the events of

This explains why you end in error thinking we are in the little season. Agree to disagree. We are not going to change each others position. When one misses the duality to Gods word, they only get half the story. God bless.

Gary

God speaks in singular truth. It is up to US to find that truth. God is NOT a dualist. I'm giving my understanding. This is what I'm shown in years of study. I don't 'buy the party line' as they used to say in the Soviet Union. If you want to buy the party line, go for it. The end will show which of us is correct.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

The end will show which of us is correct.

The reason there is so much disagreement on matters spiritual is because of the inability of the human mind to fully comprehend the eternal. We are looking through a darkened glass; we cannot see clearly until the glass has been removed. It's good to debate and discuss as long as we keep this in mind.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:12

I think that we will all be supprised at how many things we got wrong on earth after we get to Heaven.

Edited by AlexanderJ

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Gary

Gary

and

Gary

The end will show which of us is correct.

Amen. I am not opposed to being wrong either, but I have always understood that if I am there are two things that are true. One, I am blind. Two, God is not giving the increase though many seeds have been planted and watered. May God have mercy on us all.

Gary

say what now? LOL!...no time soon unless God grants my next request for "Please take me home" which I do make from time to time

:madgrin: like that whistler reversal....do you suppose it is whistler's smiley?

about the truth: I think they still sell Bibles don't they? :brightidea:

I had no choice loved one.. I like to tease everyone! I am so thankful God chose me to know Him!!!

as the strict interpretation would be your post= your 'ME'. However I knew what you meant but being the literalist

I was held to hermeneutics of your writ ;)

but seriously was underneath... it amazes me those who hold to a twilight zone doctrine that is unique as

the mermaid thread .... Lou lou wasn't just the fat girl on hee haw... it is also the twin engine of how to get there

fast without starting!

Maybe

whislersmiley.jpg Love, Steven