IGNORED

Native Americans and Thanksgiving

nebula

Guest bryanw92

Does anyone else see a parallel with what happened after this past election? Some concentrated on the bitterness of the defeat, going on at great length at how awful the Democrats were and wanting to secede, while others offered prayer for our leaders and unity and moved on, trusting it was in God's hands.

Not really. The European vs Native American thing is a case of the technologically superior people defeating the primitive people. Until recent times, that was the natural thing for humans to do. So, now a bunch of faux indians protest a holiday that didn't mean anything bad until they made it mean something bad.

As for secession, we have reached a point in American politics where the two sides are standing on opposite sides of such a great chasm that there is no common ground anymore. Situation like this typically end in civil war or revolution..or the tyranny of one side over the other. Unfortunately, this cannot be settled by simple secession because the economic upheaval of moving the blues to blue states and reds to red states would bankrupt a nation that is already broke. But, we are well on our way to breaking the back of the middle class and that will allow the Marxists to create the dependency of the working class they need to shift the balance of power enough to settle the issue for about 4 generations.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I spent thanksgiving with a native american. We had a good time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

What article and where in the article are you clicking? The page itself was clean. It could be within the link

Gee the one listed under Native Americans and Thanksgiving

Guest bryanw92

Does anyone else see a parallel with what happened after this past election? Some concentrated on the bitterness of the defeat, going on at great length at how awful the Democrats were and wanting to secede, while others offered prayer for our leaders and unity and moved on, trusting it was in God's hands.

Not really. The European vs Native American thing is a case of the technologically superior people defeating the primitive people. Until recent times, that was the natural thing for humans to do. So, now a bunch of faux indians protest a holiday that didn't mean anything bad until they made it mean something bad.

As for secession, we have reached a point in American politics where the two sides are standing on opposite sides of such a great chasm that there is no common ground anymore. Situation like this typically end in civil war or revolution..or the tyranny of one side over the other. Unfortunately, this cannot be settled by simple secession because the economic upheaval of moving the blues to blue states and reds to red states would bankrupt a nation that is already broke. But, we are well on our way to breaking the back of the middle class and that will allow the Marxists to create the dependency of the working class they need to shift the balance of power enough to settle the issue for about 4 generations.

I wasn't comparing histories, I was simply comparing attitudes.

The attitudes do seem similar. Just as they seem similar to the attitudes of many Democrats after the 2000 election. You have to remember that people on the Right are not protesters by nature. So, any attempts at mounting a protest (i.e. the Tea Party or this pointless secession movement) may seem lame to a leftist, who is of an ideology founded in protest. But, we are learning from you and we will mature in our protest skills and abilities. I have read Alinsky and Marx to better understand the mind of the Democrat protester. So, if the attitudes seem similar, just remember that we on the Right are still learning how to protest every little thing as if it was a matter of life and death (i.e. the "War on Women" that stems from a refusal to pay for birth control, or in this case, protesting against something that happened more than 500 years ago). We are the students and the Left is the teacher. We will learn. We will overcome.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Before European attempts to eradicate tribal customs and turn them into Christianized farmers it was common among the Indigenous Nations to have both a Peace Chief and a War Chief. Peace has always been a better alternative except when an enemy(especially an enemy with evil intentions) exacerbates a conflict beyond a reasonable solution.. America's policy of cheating and genocide and cheating is still minimized and glossed over to the extent that there will never be a favorable win/win restitution for America's history of inhuman treatment of its native indigenous people and subsequent relocation onto reservations.

In today's modern culture there is no longer a warrior society by which boys around 12 years of age were then initiated as men to begin proving their bravery. It was not uncommon for braves in their prime to sometimes resist the wisdom of older and wiser seasoned elders and turn the tribe against the overtures of the Peace Chief. Today, Indian women have commented that their men by and large don't know how to prove themselves. They aren't assertive enough in knowing how best to press for restituion of past and present grievances. Only recently are more men pursuing advanced education in natural resources, engineering, medical fields, teaching and legal degrees. Professions offering hope, giving tribal members pride and the men more respect by other men, women, their sons and daughters and "all their relatives" including whites.

There will always be a need for wise Peace Counselors and wise War Counselors, but NOT troublemakers looking after their own shortsighted, misguided revengeful interests. There are now many more wise peace counselors and respected elders (both men and women) than there are loose cannons. That's something to be thankful for during this Thanksgiving.

Edited by Wayaok

Guest bryanw92

You mis-read this. They did not make the holiday into something bad, they used the holiday to bring attention to the mistreatment of native americans. The arrival of the Europeans first killed in the millions due to disease, then purposely for land and riches. The Irish, btw, were among the most, or maybe the most, oppressed people in history; I have no animosity toward the bloody brits, lol.

Social programs are Marxism? Interesting. There are ways to redress grievances and address change in our system; abandoning it in time of trouble seems, at the least, lazy but mostly petulant

I wasn't comparing histories, I was simply comparing attitudes.

The attitudes do seem similar. Just as they seem similar to the attitudes of many Democrats after the 2000 election. You have to remember that people on the Right are not protesters by nature. So, any attempts at mounting a protest (i.e. the Tea Party or this pointless secession movement) may seem lame to a leftist, who is of an ideology founded in protest. But, we are learning from you and we will mature in our protest skills and abilities. I have read Alinsky and Marx to better understand the mind of the Democrat protester. So, if the attitudes seem similar, just remember that we on the Right are still learning how to protest every little thing as if it was a matter of life and death (i.e. the "War on Women" that stems from a refusal to pay for birth control, or in this case, protesting against something that happened more than 500 years ago). We are the students and the Left is the teacher. We will learn. We will overcome.

Lol, if we want to go back in history and find all the similarities, we can, but you took this personally: methinks you protest way too much. I am not a liberal, I belong to no political party, and I see, as plainly and abundantly evident here, that this involvement in politics is diluting the message of Christ needlessly. Many people here feel unabashed about bashing Democrats with the most loathsome and contemptuous language. "Haters of America" is repeated and it gets worse at times. Some have made it quite plain that if you are a Democrat, you cannot possibly be a Christian, and if you are liberal, you are in league with Satan. I cannot disprove or prove either of those opinions and could care less. Endless attack and bitterness on either side is a gross failure to the love we are to have for our neighbor. Remember, we are ambassadors to Christ: His reputation is based on how we each act.

Then why did you choose to pick at a scab that was beginning to heal? There is no logical reason to compare people who are protesting an event 500 years old to people who are protesting what they consider to be a stolen election (in 2000 and 2012). Poking the conservatives with a stick and then hiding behind Christ is not very Christian. In fact, it is very unChristlike! I'm willing to admit that my response was not very Christian, but I'm not perfect and this imperfect body has to live in this world for the time being. And your quickness to attack the conservatives proves that you certainly are a liberal (or Progressive or even a left-leaning No Label), even if you have to hide in a closet to admit it to yourself.

Guest shiloh357

Yep. Some see how awful things really because they have a grip on reality, which doesn't mean they are not trusting God. the problem is that you draw a false dichotomy. Just because some of us actually pay attention to what is going on, doesn't mean that we are not going to trust God in it. In fact, we are the ones who, more than anyone else see the need to trust God and walk closer to Him.

Guest bryanw92

Sorry, but as far as a scab that is healing, I see no evidence (please see recent post by supposed Christians). This is needless picking at a scab: "protesting an event 500 years old to people who are protesting what they consider to be a stolen election (in 2000 and 2012)."

There is no homogenous Conservative; I need several sticks to poke them. This hiding behind Christ is what the world, when rarely confronted by true "separation," mocks or condemns.

This is too funny but typical of responses here (reactions): "And your quickness to attack the conservatives proves that you certainly are a liberal (or Progressive or even a left-leaning No Label), even if you have to hide in a closet to admit it to yourself."

The doctor told the father that his son had chicken pox and what to do to bring comfort. The father asked for a differnet diagnosis. "Why?" the doctor asked, and the father said, "Those no good immigrants across the alley seem to have the same thing you describe; we are better than that to die from."

This site is almost exclusively Right Wing and proud of it. Any suggestion that involvement in politics is possibly wrong will be met as oppositional to Rightest causes, which apparently find no conflict with scripture in this regard.

If there are only Conservative to respond to and your views do not match up, as expected, who is the attacker? It is not a "quickness to attack" but a natural divide to which a person can add or subtract weight.

So you do God's work by attacking people for being conservative on an "almost exclusively Right Wing" site? In Internet terminology, that is called a "troll". The only response to a person like you is the <facepalm> plus <headshake> plus <sigh>. Maybe even a <double facepalm>.