• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

What do you think that Christians should be doing? Should we riot and burn things and kill people like we see other religions doing?

Wow. Way to take it to the far reaches of reality.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I agree with you on this ..Tinky.

How can a man even speak such things out of his mouth to the world. Making Obama equal to a Lord or Savior or to make fun.

There is only ONE Lord and Savior of all. That is Jesus Christ !

Why aren't the Christians protesting this Blasphemy ? Like the MB's do about their prophet.

I find no humor in this at all !

What do you think that Christians should be doing? Should we riot and burn things and kill people like we see other religions doing?

This person is clearly not a Christian and does not believe the same things we do, why do Christians often expect non-Christians to act and think like we do?

It seems somewhere we are told that vengeance belongs to the Lord.

I am not ignorant on this at all and either are others. It seems pretty clear to me , that man knows who is

the Lord and Savior truely is...or he would not be saying it.

No... we should but, be don't protest. True christian don't.

It is blasphemy , and even a Christian can blasphemy someone. Those who CLAIM to be Christians.

There are a lot of Judis Iscariots' .

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I am beginning to understand now. Here is the issue: Jamie Foxx equated Obama and Jesus. I have heard comments all over the board on this one. I actually heard it when he said it last night. Like I said I thought I was imagining it. Especially when I saw no one in my FB news feeds mention something about it. Simply put Jamie Foxx really stepped over the line. While some might say it was comedy, I didn't see anyone laughing but applauding the comment. It is sad, but whats worse are those that say they believe yet are saying they wish Jamie Fox to go to Hell, amongst a treasure trove of other rather disappointing comments.

Lets not reduce the comment and the need to pray for Jamie Foxx with silly jabs at one another. We are still learning, but let us remember we are bound by Christ not a party.

Thank you.

Back in the 60s, John Lennon (of the Beatles) did much the same thing when he blurted out at a news conference or something that "we [the Beatles] are now more popular than Jesus".

Not surprisingly, that comment created quite a negative stir in the world - and even Lennon (an atheist) found it expedient to backpeddle his comment some.

I guess that says more about the world then compared to the world now. Celebrities have always (and will always) make outrageous comments. They do it for attention.

And it works.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I am beginning to understand now. Here is the issue: Jamie Foxx equated Obama and Jesus. I have heard comments all over the board on this one. I actually heard it when he said it last night. Like I said I thought I was imagining it. Especially when I saw no one in my FB news feeds mention something about it. Simply put Jamie Foxx really stepped over the line. While some might say it was comedy, I didn't see anyone laughing but applauding the comment. It is sad, but whats worse are those that say they believe yet are saying they wish Jamie Fox to go to Hell, amongst a treasure trove of other rather disappointing comments.

Lets not reduce the comment and the need to pray for Jamie Foxx with silly jabs at one another. We are still learning, but let us remember we are bound by Christ not a party.

I didn't see anyone wish Jamie Foxx would go to hell. Explain please.

I like the guy and think he's quite funny when he's not being vulgar. He's also an accomplished actor. His portrayel of Ray Charles was very good.

It's just not a wise idea to mock the Lord which is what I believe that he did. He's also causing more division just like Beyonce did after the Election. No one is calling any of these folks on this either.

I didn't see anyone wish Jamie Foxx would go to hell. Explain please.

That was just a general comment on some of the backlash I have seen. I do frequent more places than worthy. On his very own facebook page I saw quite a few comments wishing him to hell.

Oh' that is sad. Maybe they were Westboro Baptist's? There's no need for that really. Worldlings will do what worldings will do we shouldn't be surprised by that at all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

A question was asked and not answered. I am curious of everyone. In what way should Christians respond to his comment? Obviously not with rioting or violence.

If Foxx is into black liberation theology, then with their view of collective salvation, it is possible he truly regards obama as his lord and savior.

If Foxx is into black liberation theology, then with their view of collective salvation, it is possible he truly regards obama as his lord and savior.

Good point! I highly doubt Foxx is into anything other than himself though.

I also don't see any condemnation over these comments or even the comments of Beyonce for what she said after the election. They're comments and the comments of those allied with them only further the division in this country and are merely a jab at folks who voted against Obama, IMO.

I dont know what beyonce said.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

A question was asked and not answered. I am curious of everyone. In what way should Christians respond to his comment? Obviously not with rioting or violence.

If he (Foxx) has any friends or acquaintences who are Christian, I hope and pray that they are inclined to show him the error of his ways. Chances are none of us (here at Worthiy, who are commenting on it) know his intent - was he just trying to be funny; was he trying to get attention; or was he serious.

Obviously none of those possible scenarios excuse what he said - but it would be a starting point to know.

If he was raised a Christian, then he surely DOES know better.

I don't know - some people may be too "far gone". But it's not for us to know, is it?

So the best response is - pray.

Blessings!

-Ed