SavedByGrace1981

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Wow. Way to take it to the far reaches of reality.

Well, that is his M.O. The thread has Obama in it and he has to find a way to either derail it, or set the thread on fire. So he will take it way past what anyone said, or implied or meant and do his customary thread derail and start accusing people of saying things they never said. Anything to take the thread away from the real subject.

It's rude to talk about someone like they're not around, Cobalt. I have been chastised on this forum for doing exactly that last year.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

(quote) from the video Foxx said...

"First give an honor to god and our lord and savior ,Barak Obama"

It is out on the front page news on the internet .

Our God gives us jobs to earn a living. Foxx is honoring Obama on his job saying ....Obama is god and lord and savior.

I would like to adjust something. It customary especially during testimony time(in most predominately black churches), to say i would like to First give honor to God (denoting the Father) and our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I'm not trying to get into theology, but his comment concerning Obama was lord and savior..not God.

You need to listen well at the beginning of the video.

Foxx says this ...."First give an honor to god and our lord and savior ,Barak Obama"...

"Barak Obama..Barak Obama... yall gotta stand up"...

and the croud roared and applauding ,shouting, for what he said.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Often it's moments like this when the opportunity arises to ask ourselves; what would Jesus say?

"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."

What do you think that Christians should be doing? Should we riot and burn things and kill people like we see other religions doing?

Far reaches of reality? :huh: Have a look at the riots when someone says Islam has been insulted, or the accusation is made of insulting Islam. The violence is real.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

What do you think that Christians should be doing? Should we riot and burn things and kill people like we see other religions doing?

Far reaches of reality? :huh: Have a look at the riots when someone says Islam has been insulted, or the accusation is made of insulting Islam. The violence is real.

That's not what I meant. I know Muslims do that, I had an issue with him suggesting Christians might do the same.

That's not what I meant. I know Muslims do that, I had an issue with him suggesting Christians might do the same.

Okay. Fair enough. :) No offense meant.

While I agree that Christians should not follow the violent example of other religions, I do think the time for believers to stand up for their rights in the culture is long overdue. Jesus said the world would hate us and that's going to happen. The difference is how we react to it. I've been hassled at work for reading the Bible before work or on breaks (not during work time! :laugh: ) I expect that since I work at a liberal controlled university. I don't just close the book and walk away. My first question to anyone hassling me is: "What if it was a Koran?" That gets stone silence every time. People are afraid of offending Muslims It has also opened up some chances to share the gospel. Its not so much about getting up in someone's face as it is refusing to be silent. Silent believers is part of the reason things are in the shape they are in, and I think its time that stopped.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Okay. Fair enough. :) No offense meant.

None taken. :heart::bighug2:

My first question to anyone hassling me is: "What if it was a Koran?" That gets stone silence every time.

I love that! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

(quote) from the video Foxx said...

"First give an honor to god and our lord and savior ,Barak Obama"

It is out on the front page news on the internet .

Our God gives us jobs to earn a living. Foxx is honoring Obama on his job saying ....Obama is god and lord and savior.

I would like to adjust something. It customary especially during testimony time(in most predominately black churches), to say i would like to First give honor to God (denoting the Father) and our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I'm not trying to get into theology, but his comment concerning Obama was lord and savior..not God.

You need to listen well at the beginning of the video.

Foxx says this ...."First give an honor to god and our lord and savior ,Barak Obama"...

"Barak Obama..Barak Obama... yall gotta stand up"...

and the croud roared and applauding ,shouting, for what he said.

LS have you read anything I wrote. I heard it when he said it. I didn't just hear the replay. Also, I'm am giving you some history of black church culture. I am not arguing what he said. I just wanted you to be clear on he said and didn't say.

ruck... Foxx is not in Church.

It is your option to agree with this guy. I do see the blasphemy .

Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx recently called Barack Obama "our lord and savior."

This occurred at the previously recorded Soul Train Awards broadcast on BET Sunday

the link doesn't work today, but pagans will be pagans. Not sure why we expect them to be anything else, now that at least half of America have replaced faith in God with faith in government.

I hope he was being sarcastic....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Before this thread goes any further in violations of the ToS I'm shutting it down. It may be cleaned up or it may just be hidden.

Please read the following thread from the WCF Ministry Team...