• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

yes it does, if you actually bother to read it. . .but thats another discussion altogether.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Well, if it's not why do all people die physically?

because that is the way we were made.

I showed a scripture for my reasoning, where's your scripture for yours?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

I think Christians for the most part believe that the world is more than 6000 years old and are either old earth creationists or some type of guided theistic evolutionists. Which is right is a topic for another thread but I think the important thing for a Christian to recognize is that the universe was created by God ex nihilo. This is what every single one of the early Christian teachers stressed on the subject.

and, as far as the 24 hour days, lets break it down. Every day of creation, is followed by and the evening and the morning, were the first day. Now, in ancient Israel, the day was counted as from the evening to the morning-thats how they differentiated days (this is found in other parts of the Bible as well as external sources) and every time a jew was to say in the evening and the morning, its to refer to a literal 24 hour day. Only time this is questioned is in Genesis, for no logical reason. But, if thats not enough for you, lets look at the hebrew word for day-which is Yom. Yom, in the Bible is used both figuratively and literally, to both mean a literal day, and figuretively, like in the day of noah. The context, is what tells if its literal or figurative. Any time in Hebrew text, especially in the Bible, if the word yom is preceded by a number, it always refers to a literal 24 hour day, and if in the Bible the first day, the second day, so on and so forth. Yet, again the only place this is questioned, is in Genesis, which is bizarre, because God doesnt just use 1 reference to a literal 24 hour day, but two, for each day.

If thats not enough, lets look at the Hebrew yomin, which is the plural of days. Again, it is used both figuratively, and literally, dependent on context. And context wise, every single time without fail the word yomin is used after a number, it is used to mean literal, consecutive days. So, lets jump over to Exodus 20:11 which reads: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it, so now that we have established, in context, that the Bible says the earth was created in 6 literal 24 hour days from there it is simple enough for anyone to follow the generations all the way up to Jesus day, which is roughly 4000 years (the only variable is how long adam and eve were in the garden, which most scholars believe was around 150 years.

as far as time Ruck, lets use some logic here. Who created time? God did. God created time, God created the 24 hour day. And then God, said that he created the earth, in 6 literal, 24 hour days. Do we know what time is without God telling us what it is? no. without God we would have no idea how long a day would be. For example, if your friend drove to your house and it took him 3 days, and he told you so, you wouldnt say thats preposterous, it must have taken you 5 days, what is that? thats calling your friend a liar. Now, its technically possible your friend is lying to you, he is human after all, but lets apply this to God, who is incapable of lying, and is all-powerful, and created the universe, and everything in it, including time, and He tells you, in His holy, inspired book, that is without flaw, that He created the earth in 6 literal 24 hour days (that he invented) and you go wait, that couldnt be? isnt that calling God a liar? Just food for thought.

And gator, I try to give you the olive branch, and apologize, yet you respond with sarcasm? Real mature. If thats all you can give me then this discussion is over. And its not pertinenant how many animals there are, for God created them all. :D

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

Interesting to note that most early Christians viewed the creation account as allegorical or theologically critical but not scientifically literal. I think, as I said before, that the important thing to Christians should be the fact that God is the Creator of the universe and by his methods (whatever they may be) everything else in the universe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

If the world is only 6000 years old, and I believe it is, then it would require a lot of deception to convince people that it is not. Therefore, I conclude that to believe that I can simply respond with a single post or even a plethora of posts that would straighten out all of the deception is quite laughable. What I do know is that I came to Jesus, I became obedient unto that which was revealed as truth and received a love of the truth even when it cost me much and along the way it was revealed to me that I had been deceived into believing in an old earth. Deception is like an onion and has many layers but God has no problem when working with the individual to cut to the chase and declare the truth but he requires obedience in his subjects see Luke 8:18. Provoke a man unto love and good works and if he do so, God will do the rest.

Gary

Seems to me there's only one real answer to all this: Ask Jesus when we get to heaven. Folks have been arguing this stuff for thousands of years.

There are things we are not going to understand on this side of eternity. I think that one of those things is how old the earth is, along with a lot of other non-salvation issues. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a lot of questions I'd like to ask, but its gonna have to wait a bit, I think.

First off runninggator, it is not arrogance, its the truth. Ive shown you what the Bible says. as far as the research thing, your a prime example of that-you havent done the research, which is quite obvious due to your zecheriah argument.

Second off, its not arrogance, 3000 years of debate does not change the truth-the truth is what the Bible says, and not what I say.

Third, Im not limiting God to anything-Im taking God at His word, which is something all Christians should do. I believe in a God who cannot lie-sure, He could have done it in six seconds, He could have done it in 6 million years, Im not saying He couldnt have. What I am saying is the Bible says that God created the earth in 6 literal, days roughly 6000 years ago, and who am I to call Him a liar. God sait it, it happened, and thats that. To suggest otherwise, is trying to apply our worldly understanding on the Bible. To say that God couldnt have done it in 6000 years, and didnt, even though He said He did, is limiting God, putting Him in a box-and furthermore, calling him liar, in my mind.

You are trying to force a worldly understanding on the Bible, and it does not work, there is no way you can fit millions of years into the context. If you think it is, then you have either not done the research, or you have been thoroughly deceived. And moss is bringing up a good point here, this discussion is going nowhere, you wont listen to valid arguments, you make invalid arguments, when possible, and smart alec comments and attacks everwhere else. If that is the extent of your debate skills, then this discussion needs to end before either one of us becomes angry and becomes tempted to sin in our anger. to that note, I am out. God bless, your brother in Christ the_patriot2012.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just wish Christians would spend more time studying Genesis 1 to learn about God rather than to learn about the earth.

:th_praying: