ashwise

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is there a verse in the Bible that tells us that God speaks to us through other people? I've seen this be used in christian books where being told something numerous times through people is a sign that God is speaking to us, but I'm quite skeptical on this one.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, the Bible is certainly filled with examples of where some person gives a word from the Lord to another person, but each of us needs to obey what the Lord speaks to us.......

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

If a Christian is yielded to God and wants to be used, God may use him or her many times every day in acts or words of love, kindness, charity, and ministry. One great example is the Scripture you have in your signature.

Isaiah 52:6-7 NASB "Therefore My people shall know My name; therefore in that day I am the one who is speaking, 'Here I am.'" 7 How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who announces peace And brings good news of happiness, Who announces salvation, And says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Romans 10:14-15 NASB How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? 15 How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

What an amazing doctrinal question you have posed here. It has an equally amazing answer indeed but one that cannot be discussed without the proverbial can of worms exploding out on to the table. Why? Because of the very nature of where what we say comes from.

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

What we say comes from the heart. Our hearts are that which needs to be purified in order to be right before God.

We speak by a spirit when we speak but the question is which spirit are we speaking by?

1Cr 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Meditate on why Jesus said this:

Jhn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on [them], and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Whose doing the speaking here?

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

In Acts many told Paul by the Spirit not to go up to Jerusalem or he would be persecuted and bound. They spoke by the Spirit.

That does not mean that if 10 people tell you something that it is from God. Satan can also use 10 people to tell you something. Just walk into any denomination of a church. 10 will all agree on certain aspects of God and the bible in one and then in another 10 will equally disagree with them. We need to understand the 'voice' of God through the word of God and the Spirit of God in conjunction, which is the 'voice of God' within. Here is our command:

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Here is something that will help on your journey:

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Hbr 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The milk will help you grow and exercise discernment and then the meat will take you the rest of your journey. Obey the light you have been given and more will come, disobey the light you have been given and you will remain in darkness. A simple formula really but we are constantly bombarded by those who believe the light cannot be walked in and therefore see those who walk in the light as arrogant, proud or haughty. Jesus was killed for this same reason.

Happy trails...and next time you utter some words that come from your heart ask yourself 'who am I serving by saying these things?'. The answer might scare you or may delight you to no end...depends on whom you serve.

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Is there a verse in the Bible that tells us that God speaks to us through other people? I've seen this be used in christian books where being told something numerous times through people is a sign that God is speaking to us, but I'm quite skeptical on this one.

Hmm, great question ! I believe there is some light and dark in this question, the dark being; be lead like a fool and taking things at face value. Just because someone places God into the equation, doesn't make it a truth. We must remember to test ALL things. The again, I know that God places specific people in our lives that help shape the person who we become. Through guidance and to pass along what the spirit has taught them, or just someone to say your good enough.

Above all else, we speak the wisdom given to us in complete truth. Be lead by the Holy Spirit and seek the guidance of God, not adding to it nor taking away from it. But here is a verse that; to me says that God does in fact bestow the right person in front of you. Someone who sees you and its like a mirror image because they have been there. James 5:19-20 "Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins."

1 John 3:17

"But whoever has the world's goods, and beholds his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?"

Proverbs 22:9

He who is generous will be blessed, For he gives some of his food to the poor

Hebrews 6:10

For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints.

Hebrews 13:16

And do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

With this; seek first the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, to be lead in Truth and in the Holy Spirit of the living God.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

At least twice we are told that in

1. Joel 2:28
    [ God’s Spirit Poured Out ] “And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.
  2. Acts 2:17
    ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=old+men+dream+dreams&searchtype=all&version1=50&language1=en&spanbegin=1&spanend=73

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Is there a verse in the Bible that tells us that God speaks to us through other people?

I've seen this be used in christian books where being told something numerous times through people is a sign that God is speaking to us, but I'm quite skeptical on this one.

Short answer is NO. No you will not find those same written words in the Bible..

However, if the person who is speaking to you is telling you what the Bible says, is God not talking to you through that person?

There may be some men/women that have been given a word of knowledge concerning you:

1Co_12:8 To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit,.......... if shared with you is it not God.

If anyone claims that God has spoken to him/her, always compare what is said with what the Bible says. If God were to speak today, His words would be in full agreement with what He has said in the Bible.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

2Ti 3:17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

ICL~~~Dennis..........Trust in Jesus!...not in Man...any man...........

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Every Prophet and Preacher is a messenger of God as long as they are true believers.