soulwinner

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I was saved in 1997 I remember a few months after coming to know the Lord, I read an article that the Jews believed their messiah was coming to be born sometime very soon because they saw a new star appear that they believed was a precursor to his coming! Has anyone else heard about this or remember this, I know this is going back awhile but made me think if their messiah the ac was born around 1997 he would be a child and we would at least have another 20 years before the rapture if that's the case. I do happen to believe the ac is alive now. Im wondering what everyone else's thoughts are? 2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; According to this verse won't we know who he is? :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328

First of all, the "that day" referred to is not the rapture, but rather the tribulation.

Secondly, even if the ac is only a child, that puts no limits on the rapture. We could be raptured 100 years before the trib, for all we know!

I doubt it will be that long, as all the pieces are in place for the tribulation to begin any time now. The clock hand is so close to midnight, it has practically stopped ticking! One little nudge (the rapture) could very well get it going.

I do not remember this event, but I do not believe it necessarily means that anichrist was only born in the 90's!

The Jews are going to have to overlook a bunch of other facts and inaccuracies to accept antichrist anyway.

NF

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Hey soulwinner,

Bless you!

Never heard of it but I am a little confused by your question. What could be the connection between the false belief among some Jews that the Messiah was born in 1997 and the timing of the rapture, a future event prophesized in Scripture?

Jesus the Messiah will not return as a child regardless of what Judaism teaches so therefore the "timing" of a 2nd birth (they believe it is the 1st of coarse) that we know never took place (since the one and only birth of the Messiah took place 2000 years ago) is really unimportant as it relates to future prophetic events.

"This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.'" 2 Thessalonians 1:7b

I am not challenging your question. Just a little confused as to the alledged connection between a misunderstanding and a true future event?

Be Blessed,

Wayne

Sorry brother... Nero clarified your point in his post.

I never heard though of an association between the Jewish belief of the recent birth of the Messiah and the anti-christ. Where does this come from?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328

Sorry brother... Nero clarified your point in his post.

I never heard though of an association between the Jewish belief of the recent birth of the Messiah and the anti-christ.  Where does this come from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's "her" post, thank you very much. :D

I think that soulie was thinking that, in order for the Jews to accept antichrist as a Messianic-type figure, he would have to be born under (a forgery of) the circumstances reserved for the birth of Messiah.

Of course, Jesus fulfilled all the circumstances reserved for the birth of the Messiah perfectly and truly, and they didn't exactly throw a party for Him. :blink:

NF

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,221
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think the "his-her" thing is going to get worse. I have not found the gender listing on the new software. Maybe I am just a dunce..... :blink:

• Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  318

I am a little confused by your question. What could be the connection between the false belief among some Jews that the Messiah was born in 1997 and the timing of the rapture, a future event prophesized in Scripture?
well if these jews were looking for their messiah which will be the ac and in fact if this star was there which would kind of make sense because satan I believe tries to immitate the things of God. The ac cant come into power as a teenager or child so then the rapture would still be a little ways off right? Hope that makes more sense. If not let me know :blink:

I see now. I'm just a bit slowwwww. A guy thing? :)