firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

We have God's word - the Bible. It tells us everything we need to know from the beginning right to the end. There is absolutely no need for any "new revelations."

Well that's true Tinky...but the gifts of the Spirit are still given today and it is important to understand them so as to avoid being deceived.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

We have God's word - the Bible. It tells us everything we need to know from the beginning right to the end. There is absolutely no need for any "new revelations."

Well that's true Tinky...but the gifts of the Spirit are still given today and it is important to understand them so as to avoid being deceived.

If you don't want to be deceived, study the Bible. Pretty simple.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

If I read a passage 100 times, then suddenly read it the 101st. time and see the Spiritual meaning in it this time

this is not a new revelation, this is an opening of my eyes and ears of understanding, as God meant me to do.

I think this often happens.

As for the gifts of the Spirit, I have been told that now that we have the completed canon of Scripture they are no

long in effect. I have read the experience of those such as sevenseas have had and find it difficult to think this is

not of God. Who am I to tell her that God was not in what she saw and did?

I do not think there are new revelations, but I do consider that some revelation has not been explained to us yet,

and that is coming in our future.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Because there is deception in signs and wonders, do you discount any and all of them?

After my stepsister died from Word Faith Theology, it is no more fun and games.

1 John 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Do you mind if I say, "I don't believe you."?

I am sorry Chuck. Actually, I've had my share of being burned by "the prophetic" and the like. But I've also had my share of inner healing and encouragement by such. So I can't chuck all of it away, yet I do know there is a lot of discouragement there in my heart as well.

Hey ~

I guess I know to which thread you refer.....and I have not read the rest of the posts in this thread ... yet

This, is what I understand to mean NO NEW REVELATIONS:

I would understand this (following to be a new revelation and not from God)

"Guys! You won't believe this! I was praying and all of sudden Jesus (God/angel whoever) appeared to me and told me that

God had chosen me to be a prophet and this is what he showed me....there will signs in the heavens to back up what I'm

saying, so listen up...my eyes are opened and now I can see right into the spiritual world and I can see who is good or

who is evil. In fact, when I was praying for Bily Joe the other night, God told me to tell him not to marry Susie Q because

that is not God's will. So, even though they have already planned their wedding, they are breaking up...but I also told

him that God has a much better plan for him. "

and of course ten years later, Billy is still waiting and Susie sleeps around because no one ever meant to her what Billy did

Laugh? I've actually seen this and similar happen.

And then we also have the prophets who claim to see angels and hear from angels on a regular basis.

And, we have the prophets who are constantly telling us that the end of the world is happening tomorrow, next week, next year ....whatever

happens to be their own particular interpretation ...

I think Shiloh made a good point. We are not communicating our meanings properly.

What you speak of here is not what I would classify under "new revelation".

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I also agree with Shiloh. God continues to open my eyes to His word. This would also include verses like ...

Daniel 12:4

But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.

But even with "the Bible" people are deceived. As I mentioned before, there are a lot of theologians out there with deceptive theology, and none of them claim any kind of spiritual or supernatural leading - but they have their years of studying the Bible and other theological works.

You see, deception isn't about the spiritual realm. It's about our ability to discern.

As for "new revelation" I have to disagree. Our society and culture has to deal with issues that are not directly dealt with in the Bible - for instance atheism and science and movies.

Now we can glean through the Scriptures looking for something that we think (our own understanding?) applies to the situation, but the issue itself wasn't actually addressed, and in context the Scripture you thought was applicable is actually speaking of something far removed from your current situation.

So I do believe the Lord still speaks to us. However, we need discernment in what we believe we are hearing, it needs to be confirmed by Scripture (the spirit of the message agrees with what is written, not contradicting), and as stated in Scripture needs to be confirmed by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Hey ~

I guess I know to which thread you refer.....and I have not read the rest of the posts in this thread ... yet

This, is what I understand to mean NO NEW REVELATIONS:

I would understand this (following to be a new revelation and not from God)

"Guys! You won't believe this! I was praying and all of sudden Jesus (God/angel whoever) appeared to me and told me that

God had chosen me to be a prophet and this is what he showed me....there will signs in the heavens to back up what I'm

saying, so listen up...my eyes are opened and now I can see right into the spiritual world and I can see who is good or

who is evil. In fact, when I was praying for Bily Joe the other night, God told me to tell him not to marry Susie Q because

that is not God's will. So, even though they have already planned their wedding, they are breaking up...but I also told

him that God has a much better plan for him. "

and of course ten years later, Billy is still waiting and Susie sleeps around because no one ever meant to her what Billy did

Laugh? I've actually seen this and similar happen.

And then we also have the prophets who claim to see angels and hear from angels on a regular basis.

And, we have the prophets who are constantly telling us that the end of the world is happening tomorrow, next week, next year ....whatever

happens to be their own particular interpretation ...

I think Shiloh made a good point. We are not communicating our meanings properly.

What you speak of here is not what I would classify under "new revelation".

First, I would classify anything someone states as God told me to tell you as new revelation because the NT seems

to deal with the Holy Spirit in operation through people ...not in the fashion we read of in the OT, so I would disagree

with you...someone saying God told me to tell you is definatley a "Listen up...I have God's words for you kind of

statement IMO."

Second, I already agreed with Shiloh in a previous post in this thread, in what he presented because he is absolutely right...so, I think I understand that already?

I considered taking the scenario further as that type of individual usually does start saying God has shown me

this or that and does add to scripture...what I described is the start down the wrong path. At any rate, I never try

to convince anyone of anything...that is not my place....but I have learned that the reality of things we cannot see

or explain continues so it would make sense to ask and seek knowledge and understanding as to what is actually

going on and the main source for that would be the written word

I agree...a new revelation would consist of ADDING to the scripture...in my case or what I experience, is actually a word of knowledge I believe

as I have stated. That, is definately not adding to scripture or saying God told me to tell you. (which is another thing that

I have a disagreement with mainly because of all the harm I have seen done to people that way)

This is a gift that seems to be a 'constant' in my life so I would understand that this is a gift that I actually have. I don't employ it...it happens

when it happens

Ummmmm...that is obviously not working for alot of people and then we also have two camps...those who state there are not gifts

in operation and those who practice them.

The problem seems to occur with those who practice them and yet do not have good instruction or put the gifts before the word...hence,

this thread. :)

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

In the past we have had posts here wherein people are dreaming dreams that reveal Christ to them.

I just did a search and found a trailer on the End-Time Pilgrim site that can be searched out, if you are interested. It is titled More Than Dreams and is located on the left hand side of the page, as you scroll down.