Tinky

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

just think about Oxycontin and the various derivatives and the drug company that made them hid the addictive results in order to make billions

The company never hid the addictiveness of it. Its a schedule II drug meaning it is highly addictive. Every medical person knows it is highly addictive.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Looks like you got some interesting answers. :laugh:

True! :laughing:

What actually got me thinking about this, was from watching old movies where Catholic priests were smoking cigarettes and drinking. That always disturbed me. Even though these things are legal, it just didn't seem "right" to me.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Looks like you got some interesting answers. :laugh:

True! :laughing:

What actually got me thinking about this, was from watching old movies where Catholic priests were smoking cigarettes and drinking. That always disturbed me. Even though these things are legal, it just didn't seem "right" to me.

Yeah we should have Nun of that... Let your light so shine by not pandering to the fleshy things :) Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Yeah we should have Nun of that

You really should consider becoming a professional comedian! :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Now that marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington, would it still be wrong for Christians to smoke it in those states?

To recreationally use anything that alters one's state of mind is wrong. While marijuana may have some limited medical applications, it is still primarily recreational. This is more wickedness that will only lead to trouble. Who are the suppliers of this drug? EVIL MEN. Shortly after 9-11, commercial appeared on American TV stating that to use marijuana and other drugs was to help terrorists. Now we legalize it? More national hypocrisy. It makes me wanna hurl.

Now that marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington, would it still be wrong for Christians to smoke it in those states?

To recreationally use anything that alters one's state of mind is wrong. While marijuana may have some limited medical applications, it is still primarily recreational. This is more wickedness that will only lead to trouble. Who are the suppliers of this drug? EVIL MEN. Shortly after 9-11, commercial appeared on American TV stating that to use marijuana and other drugs was to help terrorists. Now we legalize it? More national hypocrisy. It makes me wanna hurl.

wanna barf bag...

:) believers should be looking for Christ not a feel good in the war zone.... Love, Steven

Yeah we should have Nun of that

You really should consider becoming a professional comedian! :laugh:

Look I posted my picture :hmmm: that should do the trick the next 100 years :)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Many people get drunk on 2 beers, the worst that will happen when too much pot is smoked is the person falls asleep and feels groggy or lazy, no real physical addictions , no withdraw if cold turkey stopping.

I am going to disagree with you on this. THC has an addictive property. It is more of a mental /psychological addiction. People who have smoked the drug regularly are very agitated/angry when they have nothing to get stoned on. I have seen this time and time again. During these times, it is easy for a simple disagreement to turn into a heated argument or fight. They also have a harder time sleeping since their bodies are used to the drug to calm them.

Sorry, but you are wrong

It only takes 30 days to purge the body of all THC,,though it can remain in hair for about 6 months ...There are no effects of withdraw that are anything to be concerned about.I have extensive, knowledge on this topic ,years ago I not only used it I also cultivated it , there are various grades of potency beginning with what seed is used, the other effects you speak of are found in caffeine products like coffee and high amounts of sugary foods ., There are even different types ofCannabinol and Phytocannabinoids they higher quality there is no effects as you say ; but the lower quality like bunkweed can cause headaches , it all varies on the particular cannabis type

Seems we have some things in common. I, even to this day, deal with drug addicts daily. The concern you seem to not worry about have destroyed relationships. Most can be healed, some cannot not. You underestimate what the drug can do to ones mental stability.

I am not trying to down play it but just being realistic , pot is not a big deal to stop using when a person chooses to stop ,, cigarettes are far more addictive than pot is , and cigarettes have no medicinal value at all. Real drugs like cocaine , heroin , pcp designer drugs are far worse as they cause severe trauma , people will commit any crime to get money to pay for real drugs , women sell their body for a line of coke , but not for a joint,

Consider how irritable cig smokers get if they can't smoke every break at work ,on the way to and from work , all day every day even when legal .When they are told they can't smoke they get agitated ,even angry .When laws get passed that ban smoking the smokers become very angry and outraged at how dare they ban smoking while not caring about those who don't smoke .Smokers carry on as if a right has been taken from them not accepting it was only a privilege that they abused so much that laws had to be passed to curtail the abuse of smoking in the face of people who do not want smoke in their face.

So what I am saying is that people who smoke cigs fit the description you give of those who get stoned regularly and have no pot to smoke ,cig smokers are the same way . A very large number of Christians still smoke cigs and think it ok and say they'll quit someday but look down on others that smoke pot ..Consider where someone grows up, if pot is legal all their life it is not looked upon the same as those who grow up where it is illegal

Heroin , morphine , crack cocaine are a whole different story and legal pharmaceutical drugs are far worse than pot can ever be,,just think about Oxycontin and the various derivatives and the drug company that made them hid the addictive results in order to make billions

Then you do agree that pot is addictive, just not as bad as some other drugs (physically)?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Let's not get derailed on other pharmaceuticals, and stick to the subject. Comparing is one thing, hijacking is another.