• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I have cancer and I smoke pot. If I am to believe what I read here, I'm already condemned to an unspeakable eternity.

:sad030:

Medicinally, I have no problem with it. Apparently, it has some value in that regard, but for recreational use...methinks not.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

To recreationally use anything that alters one's state of mind is wrong.

Why is a little mood elevation wrong? Is it wrong to enjoy your home team winning a game?

Are you of the opinion that wine in the Bible was just grape juice?

This is more wickedness that will only lead to trouble. Who are the suppliers of this drug? EVIL MEN. Shortly after 9-11, commercial appeared on American TV stating that to use marijuana and other drugs was to help terrorists. Now we legalize it? More national hypocrisy. It makes me wanna hurl.

You're blaming 9-11 on marijuana?

The only way to get drugs out of the hands of organized crime is to legalize them.

Being happy over your home team winning a game is not the same as using a drug recreationally which can alter your mind. That's a ridiculous comparison.

No, oinos means fermented wine, and again, there's a big difference. One can use alcohol responsibly. Wine grapes are grown by responsible people; marijuana is not.

I was referring to the commercials which the government put on TV after 9-11 which equaled buying drugs to helping terrorists. And it does. There is a sub-set of terrorists who grow both pot and poppies for heroin and make sure they make their way to US shores. They use the cash from their ill-gotten gain to buy weapons and fund more terror.

Legalizing drugs will allow the cartels more inroad into the US. They are particularly violent sons of the devil and they have no qualms about murdering you, your wife, your kids and your friends. Ask anyone who lives in Mexico or Central America where the cartels hold sway. If cartels are allowed to import their wares, what do you think will happen if you don't pay for that shipment on time? We're not talkin' being late on your car payment here. That was a silly thing to say. You certainly didn't think it through very well.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Many people get drunk on 2 beers, the worst that will happen when too much pot is smoked is the person falls asleep and feels groggy or lazy, no real physical addictions , no withdraw if cold turkey stopping.

I am going to disagree with you on this. THC has an addictive property. It is more of a mental /psychological addiction. People who have smoked the drug regularly are very agitated/angry when they have nothing to get stoned on. I have seen this time and time again. During these times, it is easy for a simple disagreement to turn into a heated argument or fight. They also have a harder time sleeping since their bodies are used to the drug to calm them.

Sorry, but you are wrong

It only takes 30 days to purge the body of all THC,,though it can remain in hair for about 6 months ...There are no effects of withdraw that are anything to be concerned about.I have extensive, knowledge on this topic ,years ago I not only used it I also cultivated it , there are various grades of potency beginning with what seed is used, the other effects you speak of are found in caffeine products like coffee and high amounts of sugary foods ., There are even different types ofCannabinol and Phytocannabinoids they higher quality there is no effects as you say ; but the lower quality like bunkweed can cause headaches , it all varies on the particular cannabis type

Seems we have some things in common. I, even to this day, deal with drug addicts daily. The concern you seem to not worry about have destroyed relationships. Most can be healed, some cannot not. You underestimate what the drug can do to ones mental stability.

I am not trying to down play it but just being realistic , pot is not a big deal to stop using when a person chooses to stop ,, cigarettes are far more addictive than pot is , and cigarettes have no medicinal value at all. Real drugs like cocaine , heroin , pcp designer drugs are far worse as they cause severe trauma , people will commit any crime to get money to pay for real drugs , women sell their body for a line of coke , but not for a joint,

Consider how irritable cig smokers get if they can't smoke every break at work ,on the way to and from work , all day every day even when legal .When they are told they can't smoke they get agitated ,even angry .When laws get passed that ban smoking the smokers become very angry and outraged at how dare they ban smoking while not caring about those who don't smoke .Smokers carry on as if a right has been taken from them not accepting it was only a privilege that they abused so much that laws had to be passed to curtail the abuse of smoking in the face of people who do not want smoke in their face.

So what I am saying is that people who smoke cigs fit the description you give of those who get stoned regularly and have no pot to smoke ,cig smokers are the same way . A very large number of Christians still smoke cigs and think it ok and say they'll quit someday but look down on others that smoke pot ..Consider where someone grows up, if pot is legal all their life it is not looked upon the same as those who grow up where it is illegal

Heroin , morphine , crack cocaine are a whole different story and legal pharmaceutical drugs are far worse than pot can ever be,,just think about Oxycontin and the various derivatives and the drug company that made them hid the addictive results in order to make billions

Then you do agree that pot is addictive, just not as bad as some other drugs (physically)?

Yea I suppose so , the word addictive and addiction have such varied interpretations by various people so it would be in the particular usage ,

It just that a given person may be much more predisposed to an addiction than others ,

Many perceive these words as behavior and not just applied to a substance, people can get addicted to sex , even video games

but yea it can cause addiction in some people, I never had an addiction to it or anything , I choose to because I wanted to but never ever had a need to do it, as I got older it did not do for me as it once did and have no desire for it now, this notion that it is a gateway drug is really only for those people seeking some sort of euphoria in a substance and desire a greater level of high than what pot can give so they start experimenting with stronger drugs , it not the pot fault for not being able to provide the level of high the person is seeking, the idea is like saying that beer is gateway to stronger alcohol or drugs .

Thank you for your testimony. I will dare say that you are a rare person, not having an issue with addiction. Yet, may I suggest that there is more to addiction than one's personal experience.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have cancer and I smoke pot. If I am to believe what I read here, I'm already condemned to an unspeakable eternity.

:sad030:well I get what your saying :sad030:

So I will say what your getting at - we cannot use sorrows from our own sins (by this I speak of original sin that

brought all this upon us) to bring God into allowanceof sins! Here we will all suffer in different ways... but it is not to be

considered because of the eternity we are delivered from suffering! Only you can evaluate the presence of God within

you or not and the doing of this through His guidance and would you give it up if God so indicated His desire for you to do so?

Jas 4:13-15

13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there,

buy and sell, and make a profit"; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is

your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought

to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that."

NKJV

Prayers ... Love, Steven

Be glad they will not be your judge. What you do may burn, but your salvation is not in questions.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Medical marijuana exists in the form of marinol, a pill that takes marijuana into standardized form as a pain medication. It is rarely used because folks do not like it. It does not work as well as other pain meds and they do not get high from it.

Medical marijuana laws were written to start the process of legalizing it for recreational use. No other medicine is permitted to be sold in unstandardized form by someone not a medical practioner. Since it is not standardized in potency, one can have varied effects from it. Which is not how real medicine is practiced in this country.

Marinol is not a marijuana in a pill. It's THC in a pill. I know nothing about how commonly it is prescribed, but it's well known that THC is only one of the active chemicals in marijuana. And, so marijuana is much more effective than a THC pill. Marijuana isn't used as a stand-alone painkiller, but as an enhancement to other painkillers, so it's a non-sequitur to say it's not as effective as other pain meds.

Medical herbs are normally sold in non-standardized form by non-practitioners. Look in any grocery store, near the vitamins.

And those so called nutriceuticals are junk.

Many people get drunk on 2 beers, the worst that will happen when too much pot is smoked is the person falls asleep and feels groggy or lazy, no real physical addictions , no withdraw if cold turkey stopping.

I am going to disagree with you on this. THC has an addictive property. It is more of a mental /psychological addiction. People who have smoked the drug regularly are very agitated/angry when they have nothing to get stoned on. I have seen this time and time again. During these times, it is easy for a simple disagreement to turn into a heated argument or fight. They also have a harder time sleeping since their bodies are used to the drug to calm them.

Sorry, but you are wrong

It only takes 30 days to purge the body of all THC,,though it can remain in hair for about 6 months ...There are no effects of withdraw that are anything to be concerned about.I have extensive, knowledge on this topic ,years ago I not only used it I also cultivated it , there are various grades of potency beginning with what seed is used, the other effects you speak of are found in caffeine products like coffee and high amounts of sugary foods ., There are even different types ofCannabinol and Phytocannabinoids they higher quality there is no effects as you say ; but the lower quality like bunkweed can cause headaches , it all varies on the particular cannabis type

Seems we have some things in common. I, even to this day, deal with drug addicts daily. The concern you seem to not worry about have destroyed relationships. Most can be healed, some cannot not. You underestimate what the drug can do to ones mental stability.

I am not trying to down play it but just being realistic , pot is not a big deal to stop using when a person chooses to stop ,, cigarettes are far more addictive than pot is , and cigarettes have no medicinal value at all. Real drugs like cocaine , heroin , pcp designer drugs are far worse as they cause severe trauma , people will commit any crime to get money to pay for real drugs , women sell their body for a line of coke , but not for a joint,

Consider how irritable cig smokers get if they can't smoke every break at work ,on the way to and from work , all day every day even when legal .When they are told they can't smoke they get agitated ,even angry .When laws get passed that ban smoking the smokers become very angry and outraged at how dare they ban smoking while not caring about those who don't smoke .Smokers carry on as if a right has been taken from them not accepting it was only a privilege that they abused so much that laws had to be passed to curtail the abuse of smoking in the face of people who do not want smoke in their face.

So what I am saying is that people who smoke cigs fit the description you give of those who get stoned regularly and have no pot to smoke ,cig smokers are the same way . A very large number of Christians still smoke cigs and think it ok and say they'll quit someday but look down on others that smoke pot ..Consider where someone grows up, if pot is legal all their life it is not looked upon the same as those who grow up where it is illegal

Heroin , morphine , crack cocaine are a whole different story and legal pharmaceutical drugs are far worse than pot can ever be,,just think about Oxycontin and the various derivatives and the drug company that made them hid the addictive results in order to make billions

Then you do agree that pot is addictive, just not as bad as some other drugs (physically)?

Yea I suppose so , the word addictive and addiction have such varied interpretations by various people so it would be in the particular usage ,

It just that a given person may be much more predisposed to an addiction than others ,

Many perceive these words as behavior and not just applied to a substance, people can get addicted to sex , even video games

but yea it can cause addiction in some people, I never had an addiction to it or anything , I choose to because I wanted to but never ever had a need to do it, as I got older it did not do for me as it once did and have no desire for it now, this notion that it is a gateway drug is really only for those people seeking some sort of euphoria in a substance and desire a greater level of high than what pot can give so they start experimenting with stronger drugs , it not the pot fault for not being able to provide the level of high the person is seeking, the idea is like saying that beer is gateway to stronger alcohol or drugs .

Thank you for your testimony. I will dare say that you are a rare person, not having an issue with addiction. Yet, may I suggest that there is more to addiction than one's personal experience.

My points are that all to often people judge one another based on their understanding and that is not enough...

To define what is addiction is and who has one is defined in so many ways by various people that it is crazy

A professional drug and alcohol addiction counselor had told me the definition of an alcoholic was someone who has suffered financial loss as a result from drinking alcohol;

The definition can change with the person ..

It is a case by case matter as to who has addiction , billions of people have an addiction to tobacco but are not considered addicts

Yes, I know this all too well. I work with addicted people every day. Your professional drug and alcohol counselor definition is too vague to be right. An addiction does not come from any financial loss. A financial loss may be one indicator that the person has a problem, as does many other indicators.

Addiction can be to tobacco as well as to heroin. It makes no difference what the substance is.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

just think about Oxycontin and the various derivatives and the drug company that made them hid the addictive results in order to make billions

The company never hid the addictiveness of it. Its a schedule II drug meaning it is highly addictive. Every medical person knows it is highly addictive.

OxyContin manufacturer reaches $600 million plea deal over false marketing practices

By Naomi Spencer

19 May 2007

On May 10, federal prosecutors announced fines and a plea agreement against OxyContin producer Purdue Pharma for illegally “misbranding” its powerful narcotic painkiller as less addictive than it actually was and deliberately misleading regulators, doctors and patients about the drug’s risks. The company was fined $600 million in criminal and civil penalties in conjunction with the felony charge.

OxyContin is a strong narcotic pain relief medication that was introduced to the market in 1996 and prescribed to millions of chronic pain sufferers. In its manufactured pill form, OxyContin releases the powerful and long-used painkiller oxycodone.

With the approval of the federal Food and Drug Administration, Purdue Pharma marketed its pill as less addictive because of its time-release formulation without conclusive evidence. According to a May 10 New York Times report by Barry Meier, the FDA allowed the company to publicize that the time release of OxyContin was “believed” to reduce its potential for abuse.

Purdue claimed OxyContin produced “fewer peaks and valleys than with immediate-release oxycodone,” and that “delayed absorption as provided by OxyContin Tablets is believed to reduce the abuse liability of the drug.” Purdue Pharma dispatched sales representatives who falsely told healthcare providers that the statement was not simply a theory. Company sales officials reinforced the claim by fabricating phony scientific charts.

http://www.wsws.org/...05/oxy-m19.html

Not one single medical practitioner ever considered it as less addictive than other narcotics. We are smarter than that.

Looks like you got some interesting answers. :laugh:

True! :laughing:

What actually got me thinking about this, was from watching old movies where Catholic priests were smoking cigarettes and drinking. That always disturbed me. Even though these things are legal, it just didn't seem "right" to me.

I agree, and I'll add this: Every mature saint I have ever known face to face at some point said the Lord led them away from things that could control them or be a stumbling block in other's lives. Paul said there are things that we can do - but they might not be the best things. I found after a few months of being sober and clear headed that being in your right mind isn't so bad. At least if your life is messed up -- you can see that its messed up and do something about it. That doesn't happen when you're high.

Marijuana used for medical reasons is a different matter. The OP was primarily about recreational use.