• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Free men own guns. Slaves do not.

This style of comment causes people who live in low gun ownership countries to think poorly upon the gun lobby. In Australia we don't have any slaves but only free men who may or may not own a gun.

Unless you have been joking then good joke. :D

Not a joke at all.

Every totalitarian government wants a disarmed populace. Then you are nothing more than a slave easily herded into the waiting boxcar for your trip to the re-education camps...cause that just doesn't happen...right?

An unarmed populace is easy to push around, the goal of liberals everywhere.

Editor1- Maybe we should all be like Chicago, where they have some of the strictest gun control laws in America, because they have completely eliminated gun violence. /sarc off.

In Australia the people use their vote to effectively bring change in government and legislation ( not in all issues but many. The next election here the people will use their vote to remove an unwanted carbon tax it seems etc :D).

After the Australian federal government( and all state governments),post 1996, effected stronger gun control laws they were returned to power in the next election.

Currently, about 5.2% of Australian adults (765,000 people)[1] own and use firearms for purposes such as hunting, controlling feral animals, collecting, and target shooting.

We don't live in fear in Australia of a totalitarian government ( real or imagined ) and the mostly unarmed Australian populace are quite capable of removing an unfit government without weapons. :D.

I suggest if the current USA government effects stronger gun control laws the people will use their vote in the next election to remove this party considering the level of gun ownership.

About 25% of the adults in the United States personally own a gun, the vast majority of them men.[14] About half of the adult U.S. population lived in households with guns

Hi ninhao

yes we use our vote but do our ellected leaders listen to us ? i do not like having my rights taken off me as a kid i use to enjoy going hunting with my father and step mothers brothers know i can no longer do this i do not own a gun in Australia but i do own a gun in the philippines i do not like having to give up something i enjoyed as a kid even though i replaced hunting with fishing i still miss not being able to go out in the forest and kill a wild pig

i should be allowed to go out hunting with out meeting the regular standards all thanks to Martin Bryant,

the cafe were those inocent people were killed my x wifes cusin was lucky as his teacher and class mates heard what was going on he was going to go in get something to eat

Port Arthur Massacre

On Sunday, 28 April 1996, at a sleepy little tourist location known as Port Arthur, something went down that will long live in memory of Australia's collective psyche. An unknown professional combat shooter opened fire in the Broad Arrow Cafe at Port Arthur in Tasmania. In less than a minute 20 people lay dead, 19 of them killed with single shots to the head, fired from the right hip of the fast-moving shooter.

The awesome display of combat marksmanship was blamed on intellectually impaired Martin Bryant, who was held in illegal strict solitary confinement for more than 120 days, until he was "ready" to plead guilty. There was no trial. Within a matter of weeks legislation was passed to removed semi-automatic weapons from the Australian population and a gun buy-back proceeded. It is now illegal to own any semi-automatic gun in Australia.

The Port Arthur Massacre has come to be known in conspiracy circles as a "psyop". The definition of a psyop is a psychological operation or an event designed to drum up public support for some piece of legislation that would be otherwise be unpopular and probably be defeated.

It is one of the signs of a propaganda campaign when the media continuously plays up scenes that are designed to appeal to gut level instincts to soften people up for the solution to be offered.

While gunlaws should make a country a safer place to live, in reality they are a move against the freedom and self-defence of the people.

THOMAS JEFFERSON

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government".

1-----Nazi Germany established gun control in 1938 enabling the government to round up 13 million defenceless Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill and impaired human beings, imprisoning them in concentration camps, and by a conscious process of attrition, destroyed them.

2-----The Turkish Ottoman Empire established gun control in 1911, proceeding then to exterminate 1.5 million Armenians from 1914 - 1917.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

How on earth do you propose to decide who should carry a gun and who should not?

How do you know who the next mass shooter will be?

If you can answer those questions reasonably, I'm willing to reconsider my stance.

Gun ownership since Obama has taken over has skyrocketed. Yet according to the FBI murder rates have dropped in this time period.

You have not addressed the fact that gun control does not work.

You ignore the evidence, and base your position not on facts, but emotions.

Making something illegal does not make it go away. Does it? Please do me the favor by actually answering my question.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

How on earth do you propose to decide who should carry a gun and who should not?

How do you know who the next mass shooter will be?

If you can answer those questions reasonably, I'm willing to reconsider my stance.

The answer to the first question is,everyone who hasnt been convicted of a felony, especially those convicted of a felony with a gun. Called the second amendment.

The second question is, you cant. no one can. Even if you totally outlawed guns, you cant. Its already been proven, banning guns does NOT remove guns from the hands of the criminal. You can only be prepared for the next one. The best way to be prepared? carry a gun. If more people carried guns-even in our schools, mass shootings would no longer be mass shootings, because the vast majority of mass shootings, are on soft targets that shoot back. Once they start shooting back, the few that are dumb enough to try it, will turn from "26 dead in school shooting" to "wild man with a gun stopped cold in his tracks before hurting children" real fast.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Firearm homicide rate as a percentage of population: http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/166/rate_of_gun_homicide/41,26,113,194

As you can see, the US ranks very low on this list.

Again the facts speak for themselves.

Had the principal had conceal/carry we would not be talking about this because it wouldn't have happened. She had a chance to tackle him before he started...but she was safely unarmed.

Ooops....Narrative fail...

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/casper-police-nail-salon-customer-packs-heat-gunman-leaves/article_e3236de2-6756-539a-92b0-ae3aaf64c900.html

A gunman retreated from a Casper nail salon last week after realizing one of its customers was packing heat.

Police say about 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 3, a man walked into Modern Nails at 2645 E. Second St. and asked a female employee if she wanted to buy some diamonds. The man walked toward the front desk area and the woman replied that she had no money to buy diamonds.

A witness said the man then reached into his coat pocket and began to take out a silver-colored pistol.

At that moment, a woman who was getting her nails done reached into her purse and got her own firearm. Police say the man never fully raised the gun and left the building after seeing the customer had her weapon out.

If only she was safely unarmed....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Ooops....Narrative fail...

http://trib.com/news...3aaf64c900.html

A gunman retreated from a Casper nail salon last week after realizing one of its customers was packing heat.

Police say about 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 3, a man walked into Modern Nails at 2645 E. Second St. and asked a female employee if she wanted to buy some diamonds. The man walked toward the front desk area and the woman replied that she had no money to buy diamonds.

A witness said the man then reached into his coat pocket and began to take out a silver-colored pistol.

At that moment, a woman who was getting her nails done reached into her purse and got her own firearm. Police say the man never fully raised the gun and left the building after seeing the customer had her weapon out.

If only she was safely unarmed....

If only, why I bet she even scared the devil out of that poor misguided man.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

As a person who spent a lot of time in the past, digging up mass graves of innocent victims and defending those who could not or was unable defend themselves, I'm still at a lost to explain why some people snap and kill those who posed no harm to them, accept to call that action as just plain evil.

While the killing fields I stood in, was in another country, the pain and the suffering of those who had to bury their dead was just as real.

As I write this there are tears in my eyes for the lost of life in this event. There will never be any words on earth that will bring comfort to the parents of those who lost their children, their husbands and their wives. As a believer in Christ all I can do is cry out for God, to heal them and by His Grace let them know that those souls are with Him in peace now. I'm sure the Angles in Heaven and Jesus, wept over this horrific loss of innocent life.

I believe there should be gun control for the general population in the USA.

I see no need for the public to have fire arms that can hold more then 6 rounds without reloading.

I see no reason to carry weapons that can handle rounds that would penetrate a bullet proof vest, or a engine block.

As a former hunter, my hunting rifle was a 30-06, 5 round bolt action, it only took at the max, two rounds to bring down big game, a 914 lb Bull Moose, a Black Bear, a number of Deer, wild bore, and an elk. Your standard 38 with hollow points, can knock a 250 lb man off his feet with a hit to the center mass of the person. You do not need semi-automatic pistol with 20, 30, or 40 rounds to defend your self.

I agree with the idea that if all responsible adults carried weapons, then those who wanted to pray on the weak may think more then twice, before pulling out a side arm to force someone to bend to his way of thinking. For...........

I have noticed that most armed men are really cowards that fear for their own lives, while holding unarmed people at bay. Be it the would be mugger in Atlanta GA, the purse snatcher with a knife in KY, to the armed store robbers here in this state, that stuck a big ass gun in my face...

But, the problem is this, there is NO LAW that man, nor God has made, that will prevent or protect you from the evil that hides within the soul of some men/women, here on earth.

IMHO....ICL Dennis

Im going to add this, australia, right now, is a free country. That is a true statement. Australia, doesnt allow guns. True statement.

Hello patriot,

This is not true. Australia does allow guns.

Firearms categories

Firearms in Australia are grouped into Categories with different levels of control. The categories are:

• Category A: Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles, and paintball markers. A "Genuine Reason" must be provided for a Category A firearm.
    • Category B: Centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after 1 January 1901. Apart from a "Genuine Reason", a "Genuine Need" must be demonstrated, including why a Category A firearm would not be suitable.
      • Category C: Semi-automatic rimfire rifles holding 10 or fewer rounds and pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. Category C firearms are strongly restricted: only primary producers, occupational shooters, collectors and some clay target shooters can own functional Category C firearms.

• Category D: Semi-automatic centrefire rifles, pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding more than 5 rounds. Functional Category D firearms are restricted to government agencies and a few occupational shooters. Collectors may own deactivated Category D firearms.

[*]Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. This class is available to target shooters. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of six months using club handguns, and a minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun.

Target shooters are limited to handguns of .38 or 9mm calibre or less and magazines may hold a maximum of 10 rounds. Participants in certain "approved" pistol competitions may acquire handguns up to .45", currently Single Action Shooting and Metallic Silhouette. IPSC shooting is approved for 9mm/.38/.357 handguns that meet the IPSC rules, but larger calibers are not approved for IPSC handgun shooting contests. Category H barrels must be at least 100mm (3.94") long for revolvers, and 120mm (4.72") for semi-automatic pistols unless the pistols are clearly ISSF target pistols: magazines are restricted to 10 rounds. Handguns held as part of a collection were exempted from these limits.

[*]Category R/E: Restricted weapons: machine guns, rocket launchers, assault rifles, flame-throwers, anti-tank guns, Howitzers, artillery, etc. can be owned by collectors in some states provided that these weapons have been rendered permanently inoperable. They are subject to the same storage and licensing requirements as fully functioning firearms.

Certain Antique firearms can in some states be legally held without licences. In other states they are subject to the same requirements as modern firearms.

All single-shot muzzleloading firearms manufactured before 1 January 1901 are considered antique firearms. Four states require licences for antique percussion revolvers and cartridge repeating firearms, but in Queensland and Victoria a person may possess such a firearm without a licence, so long as the firearm is registered (percussion revolvers require a license in Victoria).

All power but Gods corrupts. Also a true statement. So right now, Australias a free country, thats not to say it always will. With all due respect-I get tired of hearing australians saying "we dont guns and look how good we are"

I have not asserted this and I don't think I have read this perspective here. My perspective is simply that a country which prefers liberal gun laws to respect the right for another country to have stronger gun laws without inferring they are victims or slaves etc. :D

I got news for you, just because your governments good now and you have a voice now, doesnt mean you always will, sooner or later, your government-just like the USes, will turn, and then there will be nothing you can do about it. Im not saying that to be mean-Im saying that because its a fact-every single democracy or republic in the history of mankind-has turned corrupt, and ended in a dictatorship, and then conquest by another country. Its an endless cycle. I know your happy with where you live-but its not perfect. Neither is America, Americas far from perfect, so dont think Im grand standing here-just pointing out a few observations.

It is our right to plot the path in our country as we desire would you agree? At this point in time the overwhelming majority of Australians are content with our current gunlaws.

I perceive that you feel insulted by this and I'm not sure why.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

If they ban guns, all you'd hear about on the news would be mass stabbings by lunatics. ( Like this: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/china-stabber-affected-doomsday-rumors-17995449#.UNAp8uTIW4I)

Then what - ban knives? :noidea: