Guest Editor1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I feel like I am in a centrifuge. We keep going around and around and not advancing anything. Living in security means not living in fear. Some people define security as locking their doors and windows, installing security systems, insurance, an effective and responsive law and order service, the right to keep and bear arms, freedom to worship or live how they choose, a military that deters foreign aggression, etc.

Just because I want to have a handgun in my nightstand and a shotgun in my closet doesn't mean I am living in fear. Maybe it's how I define security.

Owning a gun does not mean you live in fear any more than locking your door does. It is why you do these things.

if you lock your door with triple bolts because you are afraid the men in black are coming for you, then you are living in fear.

if you own guns to keep the elite leftist and their armed guards away, then you are living in fear.

Are you no longer stationed in Osan?

Men in black only come for ET's. And they have death ray guns..... big difference...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Try this which list other countries that are closer to the industralized level of the US. We dont fare too well.

http://www.gunpolicy...1,128,192,10,31

Do any of these nations have our inner-city culture of gangs and drugs?

I know a man who used to be a Baltimore city cop; you don't hear about how bad things are in the news.

do drug and gang deaths some how count less than other deaths?

Gator, you should be a lawyer. You are very good at confusing the issue to wipe out your opponents point.

The point is - you can't compare the inner city problems (drug and gang wars) with other gun violence issues because they are entirely different ball fields, so to speak. Using statistics from gang-related gun death to enact legislation that keeps farmer Joe from purchasing an assault rifle for hunting or a single woman for home defense is not going to solve any problems.

As stated above, the problem is not the guns,

Agreed. So we can stop arguing the gun control issue with each other?

it is the culture. How do we change the culture? Seems that Jesus is able to do that, perhaps the response to such things as this should include God as well as buying more guns...just a thought.

Before we can clean our culture, we need to clean our own lives.

We need to stop absorbing sin in the name of "entertainment," for example.

But yes, we need another Great Awakening, desperately!

Agreed. So we can stop arguing the gun control issue with each other?

why? why are guns such a sacred cow that we cannot even talk about reasonable rules and regulations about them?

Were you or were you not serious about the problem being the culture and Jesus being the only answer when asked for your opinion on the solution?

Hmmm ...

How about legislation on what kinds of bullets can be sold to the general public?

"It has also emerged that the bullets used by Lanza were specifically chosen to penetrate deep tissue to increase the damage to the victim. It is believed he used "frangible ammunition" which fragments on impact. These kind of bullets usually cause significant injuries that are often beyond what medical staff can provide much help to."

Source

I was serious about the problem being the culture, but I didnt say that Jesus as the ONLY answer.

If we lived in a society where God's love ruled, would guns even be an issue?

So, I will ask you again...why are guns such a sacred cow that we cannot even talk about reasonable rules and regulations about them?

Because at this point we are just going in circles.

thanks for not answering the question, that tells me all I need to know

LOL - It sounds like you don't the, "We need Christ and guns" talk, and so you are responding with, "We need Christ and gun control."

So, do we keep debating each other over the guns vs gun control issue, or do we join in brotherly unity on the issue we agree on?

I have this pet peeve about people that cannot or will not support their views. I dont know why, but it has always bothered me.

I can tell you why I support gun rights, and I can tell you why I argue points I believe in. But I can't answer this "sacred cow" tag.

Why does having an opinion or voice about something make it a "sacred cow"?

But if you wish...yes we agree that the world needs Jesus. Not much of a discusion after that, so what is the point of a discussion forum if we are not going to discuss things?

Because it is "good and pleasant" "when bretheren dwell together in unity."

I can't find a Scirpture for the benefit of continuous butting heads for the sake of butting heads.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

As iron sharpens iron,

so one person sharpens another

Prov. 27:17 is this reference of this above in bold.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

To all:

God’s Word says all things are lawful but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful but not all things edify.

1 Cor. 10:23

23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

1 Cor. 6:12

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Also God’s Word says the following… A reminder…

2 Tim. 2:14-17a

14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. 17 And their message will spread like cancer.

To avoid…

2 Tim. 2:23-26

23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

Be Blessed Beloved Brothers and Sisters.

In Christ,

GE