IGNORED

Does God mind if I dance to songs with lustful lyrics?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Lately, I've been thinking about this. As a Christian, in the past I've loved dancing to sultry pop and hip hop sings with my friends, and sometimes I like to listen to them at home. I was just wondering if God minded if I listened. I don't really get influenced by them, in my head I'm thinking about God and not necessarily the messages portrayed. I don't listen to them that often anymore, anyway, so I doubt I could do those things. The beats are fun and I just remind myself to have fun without wanting to go out and drink, go to bars, or the like.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

I think a good question to ask yourself is "Would Jesus do this?" or "If Jesus were in this room watching would I be doing what I am doing?". The very fact that you are asking questions shows that you have doubts about whether or not they please God. Don't fool yourself into thinking that music doesn't influence you. There a very few things (if any) that do not influence Humans. Remember:

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1 Peter 2:21

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

1 John 3:21

James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Edited by AlexanderJ

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,303
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There must be questions or why the post

Jas 4:17

17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

NKJV

what does He Who dwells in your heart say in still small voice?

Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

This is something between you and God...

Lustful lyrics doesn't glorify God except in your own fleshly desires. God has called us to be holy, not to live impure lives.... Thessalonians 4: 7-8.

I think a good question to ask yourself is "Would Jesus do this?" or "If Jesus were in this room watching would I be doing what I am doing?". The very fact that you are asking questions shows that you have doubts about whether or not they please God. Don't fool yourself into thinking that music doesn't influence you. There a very few things (if any) that do not influence Humans. Remember:

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1 Peter 2:21

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

1 John 3:21

James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Like I said, I rarely listen to those types of songs anymore. So I just listen to songs that are fun, but without sultriness in them. Thanks for your advice, and for the verses.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Lately, I've been thinking about this. As a Christian, in the past I've loved dancing to sultry pop and hip hop sings with my friends, and sometimes I like to listen to them at home. I was just wondering if God minded if I listened. I don't really get influenced by them, in my head I'm thinking about God and not necessarily the messages portrayed. I don't listen to them that often anymore, anyway, so I doubt I could do those things. The beats are fun and I just remind myself to have fun without wanting to go out and drink, go to bars, or the like.

He minds if you listen to them at all. We become what we fill our minds with. I would therefore counsel you in the Words of the Holy Spirit through Paul the Apostle, in Philippians 4:8-9

'FIX YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHAT IS TRUE, AND HONORABLE, AND RIGHT, AND PURE, AND LOVELY, AND ADMIRABLE. THINK ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE EXCELLENT AND WORTHY OF PRAISE. KEEP PUTTING INTO PRACTICE ALL YOU LARNED AND RECEIVED FROM ME--EVERYTHING YOU HEARD FROM ME, AND SAW ME DOING."

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,303
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

He minds if you listen to them at all. We become what we fill our minds with. I would therefore counsel you in the Words of the Holy Spirit through Paul the Apostle, in Philippians 4:8-9

'FIX YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHAT IS TRUE, AND HONORABLE, AND RIGHT, AND PURE, AND LOVELY, AND ADMIRABLE. THINK ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE EXCELLENT AND WORTHY OF PRAISE. KEEP PUTTING INTO PRACTICE ALL YOU LARNED AND RECEIVED FROM ME--EVERYTHING YOU HEARD FROM ME, AND SAW ME DOING."

There that still small voice :thumbsup: Love, Steven

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Hit the Christian market for similar music with a Christian message. If you are wondering whether it is right for you to do this it is probably

Holy Spirit nudging you .

Hit the Christian market for similar music with a Christian message. If you are wondering whether it is right for you to do this it is probably

Holy Spirit nudging you .

okay. I listen to some Christian music already, and it's great. So, I'll stick with those instead. Since I've found my answer, can someone close this topic? Edited by warriorforJesus

Don't let anyone steal your liberty.

If you are strong enough to dance without sin, then who cares what some legalist has to say about it?

If you are being tempted, or tempting others, then you should have a talk with the Lord about it, and obey what the Spirit of Holiness says. But, literally for God's sake, don't ask a human for their opinion, because we all stand before the Lord.

Romans 14 is your answer.