WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,313
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Unburdened by re-election worries and empowered by law to act without Congress, U.S. President Barack Obama could take action to improve background checks on gun buyers, ban certain gun imports and bolster oversight of dealers.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/reuters-com-article-2012-12-18-us-usa-shooting-obama-options-idUSBRE8BH04120121218/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

this is the unfortunate truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Why is it ok for him to give guns to thugs south of us, then want to take away ours?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Congress has 30 days to challenge any 'Executive Order.'

To the best of my knowledge Congress has never worked up the moral will (not to mention the testicular fortitude) to do so.

The current occupant of the White House (emoch shemoh) has become more of an American Dictator than any President since Wilson, and fasten your seat belts folks: YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Why is it ok for him to give guns to thugs south of us, then want to take away ours?

If he can get the guns out of the hands of the public he will be able to appoint himself king without fear

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

So will the NRA's suggestion that America starts to fortify it's schools with armed retired police in every school happen?

I hope not, that would just be sad.

So will the NRA's suggestion that America starts to fortify it's schools with armed retired police in every school happen?

I hope not, that would just be sad.

Many schools in areas like mine already resemble prisons to a degree, Fez. Going to and from shopping I pass a couple of different schools, and both are behind a 2 meter steel fence. The only thing missing is guard towers and razor wire. There are also only a few gates to control access, again, like a prison or military base. When I was going to elementary school and all there were no fences, guards, drug/explosive sniffing dogs, and all that we have today. They used to teach kids how to read, write, and do math. Now schools are more about indoctrination instead of education, and its already pretty sad.

One of the younger folks at work even told me they don't teach cursive (long hand) hand writing any more. :huh::blink: I thought they were joking. Turns out they weren't.

I still think in the case of a school shooter that one person, armed and trained properly, could have saved some lives. I don't have answers on how exactly that would be implemented, though. Preaching the Gospel and training the new believers would help, that much I do know.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think they should hire veterans for the job. So many of them are sadly unemployed.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I think they should hire veterans for the job. So many of them are sadly unemployed.

Yep!

I watched this ranting raving lunatice Lefty on Fox this morning talk about how it would cost too much money to do what you've suggessted. Sadly, I don't remember them saying that when the airport scanners went in or when an entire new wing of the Federal Government employee's went in under Homeland Sceurity. Then the raving Lefty actually talked about how each class should be fitted with an impervious safety door for the teachers and kids to hide behind. LOL, obviously ignoring the outrageous cost of that and the fact that it would not stop someone intent on harm with the likes of a fertilizer bomb.

I am opposed to spending and in particluar new spending. I believe there should be wholesale cuts in the federal Budget but this expense is one that I would gladly pay for. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

true matt. On top of that, think of how they could actually not add any cost at all-think about it this way, take staff that are in the school anyway such as hall monitors, and janitors. Double duty them, hire vets for these jobs-they can keep the halls clean, and safe at the same time-so the schools dont have to hire additional personel at all, and they dont have to pay for additional training-theres lots of vets looking for jobs, and their already trained. The most theyd have to do is perhaps give a little higher pay and maybe an ammo and gun allowance. It would actually probably be the most cost effective way of beefing up school security.