• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I was wondering the other day... and forgive me if I rant here, but:

Why didn't God choose animals as his chosen ones? I think it's harder for animal people like me to accept the fact that we still have authority over them. I like people and my family but it's some people who hurt animals and then little or nothing gets done about it. I love God but I wish animals were just as equal as us. If God truly wants me to like people more, then I can't argue. It's just.., hard because I like animals. Also, another question: Why don't animals have souls? or talk? Did they used to talk and then they were taken that away because of the fall of man?

Edited by warriorforJesus
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I think in the Bible it says animals have a different type of spirit, it goes back into the earth. I love animals too, and there will be some in heaven I believe, and on the new earth as well. God gave us rule over animals, but to take care of them, as well as to eat them (cows, chickens etc...). He doesn't want us being abusive to them, that is not what He told us to do.

That's all I really know about the subject. I don't think animals used to talk, they are a lesser creation and not made in God's image, but everything God created was created to glorify Him in some way.

Shalom.

P.S. I thank God all the time for creating cats, I thank Him for creating wild cats able to be bred into house cats for our companionship and enjoyment, they truley are very funny creatures! I just love that He did that! Like He knew we would enjoy them, and enjoy watching funny cat videos on youtube :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think in the Bible it says animals have a different type of spirit, it goes back into the earth. I love animals too, and there will be some in heaven I believe, and on the new earth as well. God gave us rule over animals, but to take care of them, as well as to eat them (cows, chickens etc...). He doesn't want us being abusive to them, that is not what He told us to do.

That's all I really know about the subject. I don't think animals used to talk, they are a lesser creation and not made in God's image, but everything God created was created to glorify Him in some way.

Shalom.

P.S. I thank God all the time for creating cats, I thank Him for creating wild cats able to be bred into house cats for our companionship and enjoyment, they truley are very funny creatures! I just love that He did that! Like He knew we would enjoy them, and enjoy watching funny cat videos on youtube :)

Thanks for your answer. I really like to see river otters. They're great.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/13/1974

It is interesting that trees and plants are considered living things. These God created for the animals and humans.

I believe God created animals for our help and our enjoyment. God does not need our help, but I believe we were created for Him to delight in as well.

Animals have many different levels, such as lions verses sheep, bears versing fish and frogs versing bugs. We as humans, we were created above all animals. Angels are above humans but are meant to guide and help us. God is above angels and all creation.

None of this is something new to you but creation could not work of everything was in the same catagory. Even humans need leaders and leaders need servants. Though it may seem unfair, the dog does not see it that way any more than a baby misses eating pizza. Sometimes what we do not understand is how fair and complete God really is in dishing out His love.

It is interesting that Satan used a snake to talk with Eve but there seems to be no other reference to indicate animals ever talking.

On a side note, I had a Husky for sixteen years. I loved him like crazy. If I had a cheese burger he had two. LOL When he died I was with him. I felt God telling me very clearly he was at peace now and that I would see him again. Will all animals go to heaen? I like the Kings question about animals having souls and where they will go, and this coming from the wisest man ever on earth.

I guess in the end, as Paul writes, we will see clearly and no longer through tinted glass.

God bless ps One thing is for sure. God loves all living creation.

• Thumbs Up 1

When our God created he looked and said it was all very good. This suggests God was very fond of everything He made.

We are the only thing created in the image of God which makes us special in His eyes imo.