• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hippias,

I don't know if you're young in years, or just a young Christian. But you have a great deal to learn.

I can't write you an appropriate answer online. I will write it offline and post it tomorrow or Monday.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Peter,

I am very sorry for you that you are in such a plight. Weren't you praying for protection and deliverance? You can move mountains but instead of throwing the material into the sea you could have used it to erect a dyke to protect the whole city. That would have helped a lot of people, I guess.

I find this a very strange reply? Are you saying that a lack of faith by JTC resulted in the Sandy destruction?

Haha, hardly! I was wondering since he complained about the hardships that were brought about him by the natural disaster why he had not prayed for help and protection - in the best case not only for himself but for all endangered people. Since Christian believers can remove mountains I thought this would be a quite obvious thing to do, and useful too.

I mean John gave the nailing up of the door a bit of a miraculous air but what is this if he still has still wet feet, freezes, people being hurt or even dead, if he had been able for instance to remove a mountain and build a dyke around the city - or anyone else in the Christian world.

Hello Peter,

I am very sorry for you that you are in such a plight. Weren't you praying for protection and deliverance? You can move mountains but instead of throwing the material into the sea you could have used it to erect a dyke to protect the whole city. That would have helped a lot of people, I guess.

I find this a very strange reply? Are you saying that a lack of faith by JTC resulted in the Sandy destruction?

Haha, hardly! I was wondering since he complained about the hardships that were brought about him by the natural disaster why he had not prayed for help and protection - in the best case not only for himself but for all endangered people. Since Christian believers can remove mountains I thought this would be a quite obvious thing to do, and useful too.

I mean John gave the nailing up of the door a bit of a miraculous air but what is this if he still has still wet feet, freezes, people being hurt or even dead, if he had been able for instance to remove a mountain and build a dyke around the city - or anyone else in the Christian world.

Power

Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: Jeremiah 31:35

Grace

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Trust

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

~

Some Bless Some Heckle And Hoot

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. Psalms 1

And Kick Their Neighbors Under The Passing Bus

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:10-12

Others Weep And Pray And Hold Their Brothers Up To The LORD

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Romans 12:15-16

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Hello Peter,

Why didn't you use your prayer life to save those in need? Would not that of been the brotherly thing to do?

What is seems you are doing is laughing at Christian beliefs. Are you a Christian?

Speck meet plank.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hippias,

I did indeed write you a fairly long answer offline, last night. But seeing what you wrote now I won't post it. You're here just to laugh and mock the Bible and us who believe it. I hope you're only a kid, as in under 20. If you're an adult, as in over 30, I feel sorry for you.

If I was young in years or a young Christian, you'd bother me. But I'm not. Do you know the scripture about not casting your pearls before swine? I'm not going to do that.

I'll just tell you this. Someday you find yourself in a difficult, maybe even life threatening situation.

If you survive, I would hope you learn not to mock people who survived disasters. Or you may be like all the people who ran away. They learned nothing from this.

I wish we could find a way to make a place online where scoffers can't get in. If you people who are truly of God want to do that, let me know.