angels4u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

his a precise prophecy that describes todays military technology. How can a whole army ascend or go up and come like a storm? Aircraft! Fighters, Bombers and Aircraft Troop Carrier, Helicopters etc..

Very observant! I never saw that before either, make me go Hmmmmm. :P:21::24::21::wub:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

What I find most interesting about the passage in Ezekiel 38 are the countries that ARE NOT listed? Think about it -- Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Egypt, and Lebanon. Something has to happen to these countries in order for them not to be listed in this prophecy.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Hi George :wub: It's simple George because those nations will no longer exist at the time of this battle.

Note what God said to Abraham:

Genesis 15

17And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces. 18On the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying:

"To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates-- 19the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, 20the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, 21the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites."

When the Messiah returns He will establish the kingdom as defined above.

Note the nations mentioned in the prophesy in Ezek 38

Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya. All of these are on the borders of this promised land.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

joncourson.com has Bible teachings chapter by chapter verse by verse on all books of the Bible. His comments on Ezekiel are excellent and cover this topic in depth.

Heather

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Adstar,

I don't think all these countries will be gone, I believe this war can happen anytime it is not Armageddon.

When Armageddon comes ALL nations will go out to fight against Israel.

Jedi : good point!

Eze 38:9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Angels

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

:thumbsup: ok angels lol looks like no one else is interested in my thought on this either. Time for me to. :whistling:

All Praise the Ancient Of Days

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Interesting article today

Those who labor to understand the nuances of the battle described in Ezekiel 38-39 quickly identify two major puzzles among several minor ones. One is the timing of the battle and the other is the identity of Gog, from Magog. For my view on the battle's timing read End Times Chronology. Suffice it to say here that almost no scholar, certainly none I'm aware of, believes the battle of Ezekiel 38-39 has already taken place. Some believe it will occur just before the beginning of the Tribulation period, while others believe Ezekiel is actually describing the Battle of Armageddon, which would put it at the end of the Great Tribulation. But all place it sometime in our future.

As for Gog and Magog, the first thing to note is that while Magog is listed in Genesis 10, Gog is not. The list of 70 names in Genesis 10 is often called the Table of Nations because each of the men named there was the original ancestor of an ethnic group that grew to become a nation of people. For instance, Magog was the 2nd son of Japeth, one of Noah's three sons, and bore the children who in time became known to the ancient world as the Scythians. They lived in central Asia and are believed to be the forefathers of today's Russians. Over 130 historical references support this view.

So while the Russian people of today are descended from Magog, there is no such biological connection for Gog to either Magog or any other ethnic group. There is an unrelated mention of a man named Gog, a grandson of Reuben, in 1 Chronicles 5:4 but there doesn't seem to be any connection between him and the land of Magog either. Clearly, while Magog refers to the millions of his descendants in today's Russia, Gog remains a single individual.

Some say he's a King or leader, and in a real sense I think that's true but I don't believe he's human. The time spanned by his three appearances in scripture make that impossible.

The first one is in the first verse of Amos 7, but you have to be reading Amos from the Septuigent translation to see it. There he's identified as a king, but of a swarm of locusts. To further shroud him in mystery Proverbs 30:27 states that locusts have no king, and observers of locust swarms seem to agree that no obvious leader directs them, as a queen would direct a hive of bees for example.

(This hint also lends insight to another appearance of locusts, by the way. I'm referring to the one in Revelation 9, where a swarm of locusts comes out of the Abyss to afflict those on Earth who lack the seal of God on their foreheads. These locusts have a king named Abaddon in the Hebrew or Appolyon in the Greek. Here again, the Proverbs passage would indicate that these are of supernatural origin, not ordinary locusts.)

The next time Gog's mentioned is in Ezekiel 38:1, where he is called by name as the leader of a coalition of what are now Moslem nations attacking Israel. His final mention comes from the Book of Revelation where he again leads the people from Magog against the Lord's army at the end of the Millennium (Rev. 20:8). By now these enemies of God have apparently been dispersed throughout the Earth.

Even if you're among those who place the battle from Ezekiel 38 at the end of the Great Tribulation, the span of time between Gog's last two biblical appearances is at least 1000 years, and while I believe that some born in that era will have long life spans, there isn't any indication that natural humans born before the Millennium begins will live to see its end. This is especially true of God's enemies as all surviving unbelievers are removed from Earth at the beginning of our Lord's reign.

So I've come to the conclusion that Gog is a supernatural figure. The Bible clearly states that behind the human seats of government stand supernatural figures manipulating the thoughts and actions of the world's leaders. Many of these figures are in Satan's employ helping in his effort to wrest ownership of Planet Earth from its Creator. Gog is at least the supernatural figure behind the throne of Russia, and perhaps is even Satan's counterpart to the Archangel Michael, Commander of the Lord's armies.

In Daniel 10 Michael is identified as one of the Lord's chief princes who in 536 BC came to Daniel's aid in a supernatural struggle with the Prince of Persia, a nation barely emerging on the world scene having conquered Babylon just three years earlier. At its conclusion Michael told Daniel of a coming battle with the Prince of Greece, a nation that didn't even exist at the time. In Daniel 12:1 we're told he'll protect Israel at the end of the age, and in Rev 12:7 he's seen leading the angelic host in a great battle in heaven when Satan is defeated there and cast down to Earth at the outset of the Great Tribulation. Michael is clearly a supernatural warrior leaping across the pages of history in defense of the Lord's interests. It makes sense that Satan would have a military commander leading his forces as well, since everything he does seems to mirror the actions of his Creator. With his multiple mentions in Scripture and the long span of time between appearances, Gog could easily be this commander.

Only time will tell if this view is correct. But one of the great advantages of living in our day is that we won't have long to wait till we find out. You can almost hear the footsteps of the Messiah.

http://www.gracethrufaith.com/

• 6 months later...
Guest quadding101

My first real teacher of the bible told me (and he is correct) that Israel is the center of the bible and to see where we r in the bible as far as time look at Israel. The beginning of verse 38 says (in the very last days, a country that has been scattered by the sword that has been brought back and is at peace). There r 2 requirements that have not taken place yet, Israel is far from being brought back and is far from peace. Something has to happen to cause the jews of the world to go back to Israel and become at peace with the muslems at least. So this is probably several years yet into the future. God will probably raise up Israel with wealth etc. and that will give Russia a reason to go after Israel. Russia will mass a huge muslem army and come against Israel. It says that this army will come against a country that will be without bars like a defenseless country. Israel has several nukes so something has to happen to disarm Israel. God says no one will help Israel because He will destory this army and show the world that He is. God gives 3 things that will happen to destory this army and the most important one is the earthquake. As it reads this earthquake will be felt around the world but in that region of the world not a wall will be left standing. Jerusalem will be flattened. This will do one thing of importance, the site where the temple is to be built will be cleared and the other thing is the miltant muslem problem will be taken care of. It will take several years to rebuild Jerusalem (Zechariah chp. 14 where the world compasses Jerusalem and Jesus fights for them and goes on to set His kingdon upon the earth, Jerusalem is rebuilt) and build the temple. The antichrist will come onto the scene sometimes during all this and the stage will be set for the very last days. Where it says that God will send fire on gog (Russia) and those that live carelessly in the isles, this is a nuclear war between Russia and america. Russia's leaders r atheist so they will ask , who destoried the army? they will blame their old enemy and the only country that will stand with Israel. A nuclear war between Russia and America, This will make way for china and the united european countries to be the world powers.

Edited by quadding101

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Let me be blunt here. Persia is Iran. And Iran will be leading the assalt on Israel in the last days. Russia will be drawn in because it is allies with Iran. They will all be wiped out by fire. The bible doesn't say who wipes them out. Just that they will all be wiped out as they approach Israel. The West (Tarshish and her young lions) will stage a diplomatic protest, but it doesn't appear they will come to Israel's aid.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Here's my Bible outline on Ezekiel 38 for you. May the Lord of the Harvest richly bless it to your soul.

THE END-TIME LINE-UP OF THE NATIONS:

1. The Composition of the Confederacies - Ezekiel 38:5,6;

2. The Collapse of the Confederacies - Ezekiel 39:2;;

3. The Conqueror of the Confederacies - Ezekiel 39:5;

4. The Climax of the Confederacies - Ezekiel 39:1,2.

PLEASE NOTICE RUSSIA'S & THE NORTHERN CONFEDERACY'S....

1. Volcanic Awakening - Ezekiel 38:9;

2. Vaunted Atheism - Ezekiel 38:10;

3. Vast Armies - Ezekiel 38:4;

4. Vital Allies - Ezekiel 38:5,6;

5. Violent Aggression - Ezekiel 38:12;

6. Vigilant Adversaries - Ezekiel38:13;

7. Virtual Annihilation - Ezekiel 39:2;

8. Victorious Author & Finisher of Our Faith - Ezekiel 39:6b.

He is coming for us, Jesus the Victorious, By and by;

We shall go to meet Him in the clouds to greet Him, By and by.

There'll be no sorrow on that bright tomorrow, He will be Nigh;

We shall be with Jesus In The By and by!

AMEN & AMEN & AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Did somebody ever do a study on these 2 chapters?

I know its about the war of Russia against Israel, but I would like to know it in more detail, like which countries are going to be involved.

I'm doing a little study about those 2 chapters with my daughter and I want to make sure I give her the right explanation.

Thanks alot: Angels

Go to Jvim, which is Jack Van Impe ministries. He really explains all of prophecy so clearly. There are several years of information and Bible Prophecy newsletters. He also does a weekly t.v. program on prophecy in the news that you can watch in your own spare time. Check it out, I promise you will be blessed.

Your sister in Christ,

Angel of Grace