Can Do (Phil 4:13)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

Oh man.....yeah....Coffee on a cold morning.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Why is there no spiritual understanding in the church?

Proverbs 27:9

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

People have always used scents. The lavender scents that people use now are reminiscent of the fact that they used to store linens with sprigs of lavender to keep them fresh. The scent is very relaxing.

Some perfumes are made with essences to attract others. And Like everyone is saying, is there anything like the smell of coffee in the morning?

There is nothing wrong with using a scent to make you feel relaxed or calm. If you were burning incense in front of a goddess, I would be alarmed. But to have a lovely smell to invoke good feelings and sweet memories. Go for it!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Hi Faithie,

I don't know where the rest are getting their info but it is not right.  This is witchcraft pure and simple.  Any thing that is used to "sooth" the soul apart from Jesus is through another spirit.  just search "Aromatherapy occult" and see what you get.  Why is there no spiritual understanding in the church?

LT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see why you have to give the devil all the glory all the time Larry....one can associate anything with him if ya try...and that's 'zactly what he wants! Attention on himself....that's what got him cast outta heaven in the first place and he's still looking for attention. Why not associate it with God ? By saying to do a search for "aromatherapy occult" is handing the issue over to the devil. How about not adding the word occult to your search and see what you get ?

You said " Any thing that is used to "sooth" the soul apart from Jesus is through another spirit."......Ok....so do you relax ? Take vacations to "sooth" yourself & be refreshed ? Is that wrong ? Where does it end ? Where do you draw the line ?

Sorry, I just can't see handing our joy over to satan all the time....surely that's not God's desire....is it ?

God bless,

Bob

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

smells for the sake of smells are fine, Bibically flavored oils and scents were used by the rich in the bible for various reason.

But as in anything, things can be used wrongly.

Smells can help with moods, moods can help in feelings, and feelings in both health and activites.

Just don't let that smell be chittlings.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Just don't let that smell be chittlings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay...Let's not go there

:emot-think:

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Why is there no spiritual understanding in the church?

Proverbs 27:9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart; So does earnest counsel from a man's friend.

Song of Songs 2:13 The fig tree ripens her green figs. The vines are in blossom; They give forth their fragrance. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, And come away.

John 12:3 Mary, therefore, took a pound (1) of ointment of pure nard, very precious, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the ointment.

Philippians 4:18 But I have all things, and abound. I am filled, having received from Epaphroditus the things that came from you, a sweet-smelling fragrance, an acceptable and well-pleasing sacrifice to God.

If God enjoys sweet scents, is it wrong that we should enjoy them too brother?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent! :emot-think:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Work,

Let's make a distinction. The question was AROMATHERAPY not having a "sweet-smelling fragrance" in the house. There is a big difference and I am not giving glory to satan.

Ga 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Eph. 5:11  And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

12  For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

13  But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

14  Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

LT

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Hi Work,

Let's make a distinction.  The question was AROMATHERAPY not having a "sweet-smelling fragrance" in the house.  There is a big difference and I am not giving glory to satan.

Ga 5:19

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Let's make a distinction.  The question was AROMATHERAPY not having a "sweet-smelling fragrance" in the house.  There is a big difference and I am not giving glory to satan.

Explain the difference please, so I may know where you are coming from :emot-think: