ellie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

How would you respond in these situations?

1. A preacher and his wife are very, very poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she

Edited by ellie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Good post :wub:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Ellie,

Interesting quiz, will admit seeing how humane even Christians are as well as how bound to fall into the ways of the flesh what is said and what is done can sometimes be two completely different matters. However, to answer the questions honestly will be more or less an sharing the thoughts in regards to things that would like to be done upon my part in answer to the questions.

1. Despite the large number in which the woman has already been a mother to. Encouragement is the best offering of which can be given not only to have faith and to keep her chin up, but also to pray. For the best blessings that have ever befallen men has often times been on account of such. Abortion is clearly not an option, so if the mother were inclined to go in that direction, a discussion of adoption might come to mind. However, the most important thing to do within this situation is to be sure that the family is reassured that they are all in the Lord's strong loving hands. If there happened to be even a bit of spare change that could also be offered, even if it meant being a little tight in such myself...well, a smile would be worth it.

2. Despite the ailments though frightening at times, along with never knowing what tomorrow might bring...abortion is still not an option. With every life God grants, as well as gives there is purpose. The reason as to why children as well as adults bear many the sicknesses as well as burdens of which they do is a mystery, yet even those who are ailing as well as suffering sometimes prove to be the best examples of what it is like living for Christ. If one would look a little deeper, and not through the eyes of men, but heaven's eyes. One would come to realize that their reward is far greater.

3. Abortion again is out of the question. Though the situation here is perhaps one of the most painful any young woman could ever come to experience. The child is one without sin, who has not commited the act of the father. Support as well as guidance would need be offered here towards the expecting mother. For despite how unclean she might feel, she is still white as snow with purity. For it was not her body that indulged in the pleasures of the flesh but that of the one who forced it upon her. Adoption should the mother find taking in such a child as her own a burden would be the best option.

4. Yet another difficult situation. Still once again a life is a life. No man has the right to take that away from another. The best thing to do in this situation once again, if not keep the child would be adoption. Though it may not be too common sooner or later the fiance's heart might open towards the child, should the relationship fail then the biological father...(though should be held responsible no matter what the outcome) should take full responsibility of not only the child but its mother.

Awesome post though, really makes one stop to think. For indeed if such things had occured then...we would be without our loving Savior Jesus Christ.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Awesome ellie :)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Another one who might not have been around would be Abraham Lincoln. His own mother was an illegitimate child. In this day and time an abortion might have been performed thus killing the mother of Abraham Lincoln before she could be born. As many have pointed out....how many great scientists, authors, teachers, doctors, inventors, etc have we killed in the womb?? And, of course, all these babies deserved to be born even if the circumstances of their birth is not the best.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Awesome post ellie. There is a lesson here, God can be trusted. Sometimes life will throw some unexpected things at us but if we keep our eyes focused on God and trust Him to do all that He said he would, we should have no cause for worry or fear. Doesn't the bible say that He will provide for all of our needs and that He will work all things together (good and "bad") for our good? All we have to do is trust Him. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. (Ps. 55:22). Sorry about the mini-sermon...your post just brought these things to mind. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Conservative estimates place the number of children aborted since Roe v. Wade was handed down at 35,000,000. That's 35 MILLION babies murdered in a little over 30 years.

These were societies' doctors, preachers, lawyers, laborers, scientists, etc. etc. One can simply not fathom the number of great people that could have come from that generation.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

What a post! :)

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Good post Ellie. I must admit that as I read through, I thought, is she serious, of course NO!

BUT, then I read on.

I also must admit that I have been in a situation that I did consider it for a moment. I was raped, 6 weeks before I was to enter seminary. It was the most awful personal battle ever. I mean, I was saving myself for te man God would have me be with, and then here it is stolen, and then got no period for months. It was awful. I refused to take a test, I didn't want it to be real. BUT thank God I wasn't. I did consider it for a moment, but in the end, I knew God had a better plan for me than I had for myself.

Abortion is such a farce. I have a cousin who had 3 and I always said that I disagreed with her decisions to do that. It affects her even to this day. Not only mentally but physically. When her and her husband tried to have children later in life, she lost the first and then had a still born the second. The complications, the guilt, everything, it really doesn't matter if the person is in a good mental condition going into it, it is the personal torture they put themselves through. That child will always haunt them. I have worked with many teen girls, really, people and the media make it to look like, "One decision that can give you a better future" BUT, what kind of future do you have if you constantly regret the past.

Thanks for the info. Good post.