• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/23/1964

John 6:20 But he said to them, “It is I; don’t be afraid.”

Reflections:-

These are Jesus words to each and every one of us, “It is I; don’t be afraid.”

Why at times are we afraid of Jesus? Maybe, He challenges us to change our lives!!

Maybe, we are afraid to be different from others!!

There is no need to be afraid of Jesus.

With His tender loving care, He forgives us, and accepts us back to receive His love, in an intimate personal way.

George Calleja – Malta

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

John 6:20 But he said to them, “It is I; don’t be afraid.”

Reflections:-

These are Jesus words to each and every one of us, “It is I; don’t be afraid.”

Why at times are we afraid of Jesus? Maybe, He challenges us to change our lives!!

Maybe, we are afraid to be different from others!!

There is no need to be afraid of Jesus.

With His tender loving care, He forgives us, and accepts us back to receive His love, in an intimate personal way.

George Calleja – Malta

I think their are alot of people who are afraid to be different from those of this world.You need to do that in order to be totally obedient to God.You can not follow this world and God.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I agree with both George and bopeep. Nowadays, one main reason people fear to be of God is because they don't want to give up the things they love of this world. There are many a reason for this. One is not understanding what Heaven is, and what awaits for those of us who will give up this world, and choose God. They just don't understand,and maybe it's partially our fault that they don't. We who claim to understand have an obligation and responsibility to make people of the world understand what Heaven is. How great it will be for those of us who choose it. Maybe we have to do this on a 1 by 1 method. I'm thinking of a woman I once knew whom I thought understood. But she once told me she feared the return of Jesus. I was taken back by that, and I asked her why. She said because she wanted her 2 small daughters to have time to grow up. I was saddened by that answer, because I knew it meant she didn't understand everything I was telling her for years. I guess she used to just let me talk, and she thought of me as a crazy person.

No one needs to fear Jesus unless they are so steeped in sin, and they have no intention of ever giving it up. I can see a person like that fearing Jesus. But other than that, fearing Jesus is not understanding that the gift He's giving to those of us who forsake the things of this world, make the best this world has look like a pit of mud, in comparison.

And we should start teaching our children this when they are very young. The younger the better.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Christianity asks that we give up self and surrender that self to Him and His will. That scares people!

Welcome to the forums.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

While the points made by all thus far are very well taken and true and can be illustrated in more than one book or verse, I think that John 6:20 has a much simpler explanation when taken in context with verses 18-21 and supplemented by John 10:4-5.

John 6:18-21

18 And the sea arose by reason of a great wind that blew.

19 So when they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid.

20 But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

21 Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.

John 10:4-5

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

The sea had risen and a great wind blew. A storm was brewing. This alone would have set the apostles on edge. Then, in the distance, they see something that they have never seen before. Through the darkness of the night and the wind swept spray of the sea they see a figure of a man approaching them on the water; walking on the water, still too far away to recognize by sight.

I can imagine them thinking, "Who is this? Is this the Lord? Or, perhaps one of His angels come to save us from the storm? Or is this perhaps a demon or the devil himself come to destroy us?" Their angst at not knowing would quickly turn to fear, for their faith in God was not yet perfect and they knew it.

To allay their fears Jesus calls out to them, "It is I. Be not afraid." Notice that He doesn't say, "It is I 'Jesus," but just "It is I," for they are His sheep and they know His voice.

Yes, the Good Shepherd watches over His sheep. He comforts and protects us.