IGNORED

NT - What is your favorite passage(s) in the NT? Why?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

What is your favorite passage(s) in the New Testament? (Please limit to 3 max) Why?

If applicable, what does this passage teach you about God and your relationship to Him?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

John 15:2

Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away. And every one that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bring forth more fruit.

This is one of my favorites for a few reasons...........it is a scripture taken from my favorite parable; The Parable of The Vine and Branches John 15:1-17

This passage and parable has helped me through some tough family situations.

When I am outside working and pruning my garden, fruit trees, bushes etc. I think about this passage and how it is so significant in life, in my life, in our lives. Pruning involves cutting and breaking of brances in order to produce more fruit. That can hurt, and it does - but it is essential for producing the best growth.

Now think of pruning in our lives and how significant it is for spiritual growth. It most certainly hurts, but it is essential for growth.

What is your favorite passage(s) in the New Testament? (Please limit to 3 max) Why?

If applicable, what does this passage teach you about God and your relationship to Him?

God bless,

GE

I can't restrict them to three as I have too many : )

but...

I remember as a new follower reading this -

John 4:25-26

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am He.”

...as I read Jesus's words in red, something broke in me and I just sobbed.

thinking about it now, I believe God revealed to me that day who Jesus was - God Himself.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Well several, but John 1: 1-18

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understooda it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.b

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,c nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,d who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’” 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,e,f who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

Why? } It is just so succinct to me and wraps up all the details into a simple, yet beautiful, point of light that just...I don't know...makes me go "yes...that's it!"

Teach} Who Jesus is, where He came from, the witness that God sent to testify of these things (John as it states in v. 6) the reason He came and more things

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Favorite? No. Can't say I have any favorites as I love them all. And they teach me as much about those around me as they do God himself.

• Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Favorite? No. Can't say I have any favorites as I love them all. And they teach me as much about those around me as they do God himself.

Which one has spoken to you lately? Or perhaps one that really spoke to you when you recieved Christ?

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Which one has spoken to you lately? Or perhaps one that really spoke to you when you recieved Christ?

God bless,

GE

Hebrews 9 & 10 as they spoke to me how killing an animal didn't have to power to cause a man to actually turn and serve God that he might quit partaking in the sin that he was doing but instead continue to bring new sacrifices each year but that Jesus' sacrifice had the power to actually turn men from their sin unto God that they might stop repeating those sins and serve God instead. Great stuff.

God bless,

GE

I like this one. It's not my favorite but then again I don't have any favorites.

Matthew 7

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

That verse has removed a lot of barriers in my dealings with non-believers.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

GE, Do you have a favorite and why?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

John 15:2

Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away. And every one that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bring forth more fruit.

This is one of my favorites for a few reasons...........it is a scripture taken from my favorite parable; The Parable of The Vine and Branches John 15:1-17

This passage and parable has helped me through some tough family situations.

When I am outside working and pruning my garden, fruit trees, bushes etc. I think about this passage and how it is so significant in life, in my life, in our lives. Pruning involves cutting and breaking of brances in order to produce more fruit. That can hurt, and it does - but it is essential for producing the best growth.

Now think of pruning in our lives and how significant it is for spiritual growth. It most certainly hurts, but it is essential for growth.

The first time I heard this in Bible Study Fellowship, the leader was also an orchardist. She told how the center branches of the tree had to be removed so that light can reach the rest of the branches. The center represents self. The self, the old man and the selfcenteredness has to be cut out and die. This not ònly causes the roots to grow deep, it causes the fruit to be larger. Yes, it is painful. And right after that I received my first racical pruniñg. One of many but none as traumatic as that one.