WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,374
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky is telling a Hispanic business group that illegal immigrants should be allowed to become U.S. taxpayers and ultimately get a shot at citizenship.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/news-yahoo-com-rand-paul-endorses-immigrant-path-citizenship-033313583--politics-html/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

He lost a few with me. Illegal immigrants need to be kicked out, and then allowed the chance to apply for citizenship like everyone else. Seriously. If people want these people to be allowed to live here, then we need to make it easier for people to come across legally-not reward them for breaking our laws.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

This will ensure a Leftist Plutocracy for some time to come.

I would be for it if they were not allowed to vote for the next half a century.

I don't disagree with making it easier for people to come here legally, and that ultimately being the best answer. However, I don't have harsh feelings against those who come here illegally and are otherwise minding their own business and working. There is a problem, however, if they are receiving assistance, I should add that caveat. But some guy who comes here to work to provide a better life for his family? I do not think such a person ought to be kicked out.

I don't necessarily have harsh feelings for them either, but neither do I think they should be allowed to be here. I understand they have a better opportunity at a better way of life here then where they came from. Which is why I think it should be easier for them to come across the boarder legally. however, if we make it harder for people to come in legally, but reward those who do it illegally, what kind of message does that send? You will have fewer and fewer people trying to get across legally, and more and more sneaking across. Fact is, controlling immigration is an important thing-you get to many people pouring into the economy and you will just make it worse, to many workers, not enough jobs. If you encourage them to come in illegally, you can't control it.

we do have a large welfare state that people do take advantage of. And the thing is, most illegal immigrants are indeed willing to work, and it does, take jobs away from the honest.

With that point aside-is this really the legacy we want-rewarding people for doing things illegally, while punishing those who are doing it right? People crossing the boarder illegally, and getting benefits for it, while those who want to do it right, are sitting in line outside the border?

In a good economy bary, I might agree with you on your first point. With a poor economy, I disagree-mainly because of the fact a lot of these illegal immigrants are willing to not only work off the books-which means no taxes-but for less money then citizens. So, businesses are more likely to hire them, while the honest citizens dont get the job and not any money, which leads to more people going on unemployment and/or welfare.

I agree with you 100% on the welfare incentive. In fact, if anything I think 90% of the welfare program needs removed to illegals and legals alike, its a broken system. Once you eliminate that, the solution is simple in my mind-lighten immigration laws, to allow more people in legally, and tighten laws on illegals.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Allowing illegals a path to citizenship is a serious slap in the face to those who immigrated legally.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I don't see any point in granting immigration unless you seal the borders and stop more illegals from entering first. I would be fine with making those here already legal at that point, at least they would start paying taxes.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

What type of immigrants do we want? The kind that are fleeing from a failed state, or ones that share our ideals of a free republic? It's not just supporting them that I am concerned with, it's also their philosophy. Do we want to immigrate people whose philosophy on governance and religion is foreign to what America represents? Why would we want to give citizenship to people that show contempt for our laws and are criminals?