Tree of Life

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Gen.2:9 “And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.”

St.John 1:4 “In him was life; and the life was the light of men.”

Jesus said. St.John 6:48 “I am that bread of life.”

St.John 6:51 “I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

I understand the Word was the tree of life in the midst (primary position) of the garden.

Could the tree of the knowledge of good and evil also be a word seed?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The bible is a spiritual book used to convert carnal people into spiritual people. It speaks of both earthly and heavenly things. Sometimes both at the same time. For this cause much confusion and division arises as we discover the deeper meanings behind the scriptures.

They were real trees in the garden of Eden.

They are spiritual in nature today. One readily accessible. The other guarded by two cherubim and a flaming sword that turns every way. The way into the tree of life in the center of the garden has been made known unto the sons of men by Jesus Christ, the Word of God.

Yes. Word seeds indeed. One tending to life. The other to death.

Psa 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

Sgs 2:3 As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so [is] my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit [was] sweet to my taste.

Pro 7:2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

Happy eating!

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Guest ninhao

Gen.2:9 “And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.”

St.John 6:51 “I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

I understand the Word was the tree of life in the midst (primary position) of the garden.

Hello 2404,

I have heard how some people suggest Jesus is now our "Tree of Life". I agree it is a good comparison of eating from and living forever, but we see the Tree(s) of Life continue in Revelation.

Rev 22:2 KJV In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

I don't see how the Word can be said to specifically be the Tree of Life and so I suggest the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is not a "Word" seed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The Word always has been and always will be Jesus. I do not think one sees the tree of good and evil outside of the Garden of Eden and i don't think it will appear again because it is not mentioned again even in Revelation.

The Word always has been and always will be Jesus. I do not think one sees the tree of good and evil outside of the Garden of Eden and i don't think it will appear again because it is not mentioned again even in Revelation.

When Eve accepted (ingested) the serpents lie she was no longer perfect and the consequences followed.

The 'tree of good and evil' is not perfect, (as the condition we find ourselves in) and will be done away with.

This sequence of event was allowed by a omniscient/omnipotent God to display the attribute of saviour.

Hello 2404,

I have heard how some people suggest Jesus is now our "Tree of Life". I agree it is a good comparison of eating from and living forever, but we see the Tree(s) of Life continue in Revelation.

Rev 22:2 KJV In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

I don't see how the Word can be said to specifically be the Tree of Life and so I suggest the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is not a "Word" seed.

What is your understanding as to the Tree of Good and Evil?

The ingestion of it caused a reaction.

Gen.3:7"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; ..."

The bible is a spiritual book used to convert carnal people into spiritual people. It speaks of both earthly and heavenly things. Sometimes both at the same time. For this cause much confusion and division arises as we discover the deeper meanings behind the scriptures.

They were real trees in the garden of Eden.

They are spiritual in nature today. One readily accessible. The other guarded by two cherubim and a flaming sword that turns every way. The way into the tree of life in the center of the garden has been made known unto the sons of men by Jesus Christ, the Word of God.

Yes. Word seeds indeed. One tending to life. The other to death.

Psa 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

Sgs 2:3 As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so [is] my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit [was] sweet to my taste.

Pro 7:2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

Happy eating!

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Indeed the Word comes by revelation.

As suggested, it is more than 'knowing' the word (anyone can read the letter) it is knowing the author.

Thank you

Guest ninhao

Gen.3:7"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; ..."

This is interesting and not something I have given much thought to. I have always believed the Tree of Life in both Genesis and Revelation bore fruit that had chemicals or elements that healed and rejuvenated. I had never considered that the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil would also contain chemicals or elements that caused Adam and Eve to see their nakedness as evil. I had always thought the action of disobedience was the cause of this.

Now you ask me a question which I can't answer and after a small amount of thought it does open the allegorical door somewhat.

Can you give me your understanding of this please.

This is interesting and not something I have given much thought to. I have always believed the Tree of Life in both Genesis and Revelation bore fruit that had chemicals or elements that healed and rejuvenated. I had never considered that the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil would also contain chemicals or elements that caused Adam and Eve to see their nakedness as evil. I had always thought the action of disobedience was the cause of this.

Now you ask me a question which I can't answer and after a small amount of thought it does open the allegorical door somewhat.

Can you give me your understanding of this please.

True, it was a result of their action of disobedience.

Jesus Christ came to be the sacrificial lamb. He came as the perfect spoken Word.

We are in a fallen condition,and we come by sexual desire, a permissive way. In the beginning it was not so.

As has been said, if eating apples causes sexual awareness (nakedness) we better pass the apples again...

Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Why does the Word say not to lean on our own understanding Pro.3:5.

We are to live by faith, faith in God's Word.

Man does not live by bread alone...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

hi 2404.

Tree of Life = Integrity of Life

Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil = Cause of Death

Death then, is equivalent to separation.

Separation from Life. Death brings about the destruction of Life's integrity, prosperity, and wholeness.

separates us from...

1) innocence:

Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

2) God:

Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

3) Our True Selves:

Gen 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

4) Eve

Gen 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

5) Original Ministry

Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

and so the Word, became a Sword:

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

--------

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

let us hunger for all spiritual beauty, so that we may be filled with all spiritual life.

so that we may Be Good, instead of desiring to Know Good!

the repercussions of disobedience are staggering.

the serpent did not lie. our eyes were opened to one another's shortcomings, and a newly found ability, to judge.

but the part the serpent omitted, was that we would be specifically blinded, to God.