Rapture Ready?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

We already have 172 threads on the rapture already, so we really don't need another. If this thread is to discuss what some may see needs done before He returns, that is fine, but let's not get into another debate on the when this will happen ...

I respect your point.

Let me conclude with one response to bro. Paul, and not in regard to a time frame.

Okay...then we all must remain ready at all times of that there can be no doubt....be one of the five wise virgins not one of the five unwise (unsaved church attendees who believe but are not saved)...

Brother Paul

Hello bro Paul.

Not just to differ with you but allow me to state my understanding of the parable.

They were all virgins.

To go in with the bridegroom (marriage supper 'first resurrection') they had to have the oil, 'sealed until the day of your redemption'.

The five foolish, stood for Christ and Christ will stand for them at the judgement.

Those in the first resurrection will judge 'men and angels' and will not come into the judgement.

So why does He say to them "I never knew you" and then shuts the door?

Brother Paul

Why is being a good person not enough to get you to Heaven?

http://www.gotquestions.org/good-person.html

.... Why is being a good person not enough to get you to Heaven?

http://www.gotquesti...ood-person.html

:thumbsup:

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:10-12

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

After our Lord and Saviour completed the work of redemption and the apostles fell asleep, the seed went into the ground until the fullness of time when it started to come up again through events like:

Martin Luther: Salvation by Grace

John Wesley: Sanctification

1906 Azusa Street: Restoration of the Gifts

Where do we go from here or are we rapture ready?

well according to scripture and the timeline Jesus left us with in Mathew 24, the rapture (our being gathered to the Lord) is last on the list, It might be better to say are we prepared to be hated by ALL NATIONS

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

.... Why is being a good person not enough to get you to Heaven?

:thumbsup:

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:10-12

:thumbsup: Joe

Being a good person is not enough to get you into heaven. You must die to self to gain access to heaven through the holiest of holies. You must die to live. Don't wait until your flesh dies first. Die to your flesh first. Die daily. To live is to die. And so on.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

If being Rapture ready means accepting Jesus I was rapture ready 30 years ago.

Add to your comment (IMO) that we need to have all our sins confessed, moment by moment.

I do not want to stand before our Lord and Creator with unconfessed sin in me.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Being a good person is not enough to get you into heaven. You must die to self to gain access to heaven through the holiest of holies. You must die to live. Don't wait until your flesh dies first. Die to your flesh first. Die daily. To live is to die. And so on.

Ah yes! Romans 5 and up! Was just reading there last night and this morning.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

We already have 172 threads on the rapture already, so we really don't need another. If this thread is to discuss what some may see needs done before He returns, that is fine, but let's not get into another debate on the when this will happen ...

I respect your point.

Let me conclude with one response to bro. Paul, and not in regard to a time frame.

Okay...then we all must remain ready at all times of that there can be no doubt....be one of the five wise virgins not one of the five unwise (unsaved church attendees who believe but are not saved)...

Brother Paul

Hello bro Paul.

Not just to differ with you but allow me to state my understanding of the parable.

They were all virgins.

To go in with the bridegroom (marriage supper 'first resurrection') they had to have the oil, 'sealed until the day of your redemption'.

The five foolish, stood for Christ and Christ will stand for them at the judgement.

Those in the first resurrection will judge 'men and angels' and will not come into the judgement.

Brother Paul

As I understand it, to be know of God is to have been in Him before the foundation of the world, redeemed.

The foolish virgins lived the Christian life but did not 'have' the token (Holy Spirit).

There is such a thing as a true anointing on the spirit realm and still be in a lost condition. An example can be Balaam.

Because the Bridegroom did not know them they were not allowed into the marriage supper but will have to come into the judgement and there stand trial, as noted above. This is also where a 'ministered' glass of water will not go unrewarded. Those who are judging with the bridegroom have surpassed such things.

The foolish virgins will receive eternal life dependent on their stand.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I respect your point.

Brother Paul

Hello bro Paul.

They were all virgins.

Brother Paul

If we could earn one speck of merit toward our salvation Christ died in vain.

Compare the Syrophenician woman of Mk.7:26 or the woman of Samaria St.John 4:7 with the Pharisees & Saducees which many of them probably lived spotless lives and Jesus told them that they were of their father the devil.

Jesus said Lk.18:19 "...Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

I respect your point.

Brother Paul

Hello bro Paul.

They were all virgins.

Brother Paul

Compare the Syrophenician woman of Mk.7:26 or the woman of Samaria St.John 4:7 with the Pharisees & Saducees which many of them probably lived spotless lives and Jesus told them that they were of their father the devil.

Jesus said Lk.18:19 "...Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."

while you can't earn salvation its completely biblical that a reward awaits each saint, just as the parable of talents portrays

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

I respect your point.

Brother Paul

Hello bro Paul.

They were all virgins.

Brother Paul

while you can't earn salvation its completely biblical that a reward awaits each saint, just as the parable of talents portrays

A reward is guaranteed to each saint?