• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

NO!

I mean, I can understand how SOME men might have to actually LEARN that 'REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE' ....

:24:

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

NO!

I mean, I can understand how SOME men might have to actually LEARN that 'REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE' but 'real men don't wear makeup' simply goes without saying.

Yeah well Real Men never did used to wear make up.

But that's the confusing part of all this. If he was made up to look female then why did he get angry when the OP referred to him as a Ma'am. It doesn't make sense. I guess it's just another one of those things we'll never know for sure.

But he does need prayer, because he has a very twisted mind.

Edited by JTC

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

JTC.....that’s the thing, he wasn’t made up to look like a woman. Male News reporters as well as news anchors have been swimming in foundation and the lips are sometimes touched up with lipstick. They have been doing it for more than 50 yrs. and yet, a lot of people fail to notice that. Do any of them look like women? Can any one accidently mistake them for being a woman? Plenty of male t.v. and movie personalities are also swimming in foundation , but no one mistakenly asks if they are male or female or addresses them as ma’am. How bout Mitt Romney, during interviews, he was swimming in foundation. Did he look like a woman? That is what the guy at walmart looked like. No different.

There are plenty of history pages online that say makeup was used off and on over the centuries by both men and women. So it isn’t anything new. Fads come and go. Women wear jewelry but so do men, do people say “oh look this person has on jewelry”...”is that a man or woman?” it is the norm and expected of women to not have facial hair, so if a man shaves, is he bordering on feminism? Is he trying to look like a woman?

When it comes to makeup, what is NOT the norm for men’s usage is bright flashy colors. If the guy had on blue, green, or purple eye shadow, and rouge/blush we could say, yeah it borders on being feminine. From the comments it looks to be perfectly acceptable for male celebrities to wear foundation even when they are not in front of a camera, but taboo for some guy at walmart. And before anyone speaks that the walmart guy was being vain, you ( you as in general, no one specific) might want to take a self inventory. I don’t know of anyone who doesn’t primp and preen before going to work or out somewhere. Our appearance doesn’t have to be extravagant, but we do want to be presentable.

NO!

I mean, I can understand how SOME men might have to actually LEARN that 'REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE' but 'real men don't wear makeup' simply goes without saying.

Yeah well Real Men never did used to wear make up.

But that's the confusing part of all this. If he was made up to look female then why did he get angry when the OP referred to him as a Ma'am. It doesn't make sense. I guess it's just another one of those things we'll never know for sure.

But he does need prayer, because he has a very twisted mind.

How do you know that?

Just curious.

I made a typo above and I have now fixed it. I wrote " If he was made up to look female then why didn't he get angry when the OP referred to him as a Ma'am."

The word didn't, was supposed to be did.

Make up is used on men for stage and the screen because it's needed. And many men do away with gray hair on our heads or beards. But up until now, men don't wear facial make up or eye make up.

How do I know he has a twisted mind? Because if he's a man and went to all that trouble to look like a woman, but then was offended when he was referred to as a woman, that's twisted.

There are several possibilities here, as to why he was made up to look female. But since he was made up to look female, why get angry when referred to as female?

How do I know he has a twisted mind? Because if he's a man and went to all that trouble to look like a woman, but then was offended when he was referred to as a woman, that's twisted.

There are several possibilities here, as to why he was made up to look female. But since he was made up to look female, why get angry when referred to as female?

I'm thinking that the reason he got upset was because he wasn't trying to look like a woman.

Appearances can be very deceiving.

Guest ninhao

I'm thinking that the reason he got upset was because he wasn't trying to look like a woman.

Amen !

People, especially Christians, should know this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

JTC.....that’s the thing, he wasn’t made up to look like a woman. Male News reporters as well as news anchors have been swimming in foundation and the lips are sometimes touched up with lipstick. They have been doing it for more than 50 yrs. and yet, a lot of people fail to notice that. Do any of them look like women? Can any one accidently mistake them for being a woman? Plenty of male t.v. and movie personalities are also swimming in foundation , but no one mistakenly asks if they are male or female or addresses them as ma’am. How bout Mitt Romney, during interviews, he was swimming in foundation. Did he look like a woman? That is what the guy at walmart looked like. No different.

There are plenty of history pages online that say makeup was used off and on over the centuries by both men and women. So it isn’t anything new. Fads come and go. Women wear jewelry but so do men, do people say “oh look this person has on jewelry”...”is that a man or woman?” it is the norm and expected of women to not have facial hair, so if a man shaves, is he bordering on feminism? Is he trying to look like a woman?

When it comes to makeup, what is NOT the norm for men’s usage is bright flashy colors. If the guy had on blue, green, or purple eye shadow, and rouge/blush we could say, yeah it borders on being feminine. From the comments it looks to be perfectly acceptable for male celebrities to wear foundation even when they are not in front of a camera, but taboo for some guy at walmart. And before anyone speaks that the walmart guy was being vain, you ( you as in general, no one specific) might want to take a self inventory. I don’t know of anyone who doesn’t primp and preen before going to work or out somewhere. Our appearance doesn’t have to be extravagant, but we do want to be presentable.

I'm sorry but the picture was taken down that I posted but if you google "Man in drag make-up" or the like then you will see what he looked like. He had on purple eyeshadow, plum lipstick and had his eyesbrows waxed and penciled in. I really thought my original post kind of explained how much make-up the guy was wearing. And the only way I can tell if you had on make-up is if it was a different color (meaning colorful).He had heavy foundation and his hair was in cornrows. His body was made to have breasts. I know that actors wear make-up but this person looked like he was in drag. And with actors there is really no confusion about their gender. He did look like a woman. I was not at first confused on whether the person was a woman or not because the guy looked like a women. I just thought "Okay a little strange built but has breasts and colorful make-up so what the heck". My mom even thought it was lady until the guy got angry and she saw his name tag. Also some names can be co-ed.

Okay this is getting very annoying at the moment. You did not ask me what the person looked like you simply jumped to some type of conclusion (probably stemming from you believing I was making a poor judgment and thus you made a poor judgment). You had no idea what the guy looked like but yet you make a conclusion that the person just had a little bit of make-up or was trying to look nice (hide blemishes). The fact that you did not ask me what the man looked like ( I would have explained it to you better) and immediately jumped to a wild conclusion means you made a poor judgment. You had little evidence to support your claim "That he did not look like a lady" and you did not try to go any further in gaining a better understanding of the situation. You could have asked me and I could have directed you to the proper google website. Does it not make any sense at all that it took my mom and I to look at his name-tag to figure out it was a guy? The problem is that you are making your own conclusions and not reading previous comments about the fact that both my mom and I were confused with this guy. The fact that we were confused means that something was off. I wasn't trying to offend the guy and be mean because I really though he looked like a woman and NORMALLY when a guy decides to wear colorful make-up with penciled eye brows they might actually be trying to look like a woman (and thus be offended if you call them a man)

Sure he could have been making himself look pretty or what not but honestly he went over board. And I'm going to go with some of the other posters comments in that I will not let the guy get to me.

And last time I checked no one on here said it was perfectly acceptable for a actor to wear make-up but a guy at walmart cannot (please show me if you believe I missed it). Also no one spoke about vanity. Most of the comments were about him being confused and in need of prayer. The comments were mostly directed at guys who actually wear enough make-up to look like a drag queen because those are the only men who can be confused for women.

Edited by revolutionist90

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I'm going to go with JTC on this one in that he was confused/twisted. I'm going to go with it because me mom gave me the simple response of "It is okay. I though he was girl too", and she had been around long enough to know when a guy is just trying to make himself look younger of whatever He had on purple eye-shadow, plum lipstick, waxed eyebrows that are penciled in. He even had liner around his lips! He had on good and smooth foundation and like I said in my previous post neither my mom nor I knew the gender until she saw his name tag. Appearances can be deceiving. I do not know what he was trying to pull but he looked like woman (the proper word now might just be drag).