BlessedByTheBest

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

i thought it was interesting seeing this from the New Age perspective.

http://www.khouse.org/enews_article/2013/2068

excerpt:

If you have a conservative Christian background you have no doubt heard of the Rapture of the Church. This is the time when Jesus Christ comes back for His church and will remove both the living and the dead in Christ from the earth up into heaven. A pre-tribulation rapture is held by most conservative scholars and has the most literal Scriptural support.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

— 1 Thessalonians 4:15–18

It is not the intent of this article to argue between a pre-tribulation and post-tribulation rapture; however, as one looks at the last verse in the above passage, a post-tribulation rapture would not be very comforting.

The Rapture is also a familiar concept to most Christians and non–Christians alike. While they may not believe it, and they may even laugh at it, many non-Christians know that all the Christians believe they are supposed to somehow disappear before the “end of the world.”

Satan would seem to have a problem. How would he be able to explain away the fact that every person who was a Christian has suddenly disappeared? It would seem like a huge wake up call to the world that the Christians were right after all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

The post trib rapture is wrong because it isn't very comforting? Yikes. I think the author was way too fast to jump in and claim majority s riptural support in what is really a gray area of scripture. But apart from that, it's an interesting question.

i thought it was interesting seeing this from the New Age perspective.

http://www.khouse.or...ticle/2013/2068

excerpt:

If you have a conservative Christian background you have no doubt heard of the Rapture of the Church. This is the time when Jesus Christ comes back for His church and will remove both the living and the dead in Christ from the earth up into heaven. A pre-tribulation rapture is held by most conservative scholars and has the most literal Scriptural support.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
For the
Lord Himself
will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.
And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

— 1 Thessalonians 4:15–18

It is not the intent of this article to argue between a pre-tribulation and post-tribulation rapture; however, as one looks at the last verse in the above passage, a post-tribulation rapture would not be very comforting.

The Rapture is also a familiar concept to most Christians and non–Christians alike. While they may not believe it, and they may even laugh at it, many non-Christians know that all the Christians believe they are supposed to somehow disappear before the “end of the world.”

Satan would seem to have a problem. How would he be able to explain away the fact that every person who was a Christian has suddenly disappeared? It would seem like a huge wake up call to the world that the Christians were right after all.

I don't think any explanations will be needed.

Just my opinion.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Alien abduction!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Alien abduction!

lol

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

True - the Vatican has a huge telescope on Mt.Graham looking for alien life from other planets. This is a thing that the UN is into also - looking for someone to take control of the planet and solve the problems.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

You may laugh, but LittleLamb is correct!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

You may laugh, but LittleLamb is correct!

no I'm sorry, but the bible teaches that even before Jesus arrives, the sign of the Son of man shall appear in the sky, and from the reaction of everyone on earth it seems to be an astronomical event, as THE WHOLE EARTH MOURNS!

I'm guessing that like my own experience, God will hit a switch, that will open all of the minds of humanity, and they will fathem each and every sin they have ever committed at the same time, being able to comprehend the weight of their sin, it will literally drive them to their knees, every knee will bow and every tongue will at that time confess that Jesus is Lord!

It was a supernatural experience given me, and I can only tell you that seeing all your sins at the same time and being able to fathem each and everyone of them at the same time is so completely overwhelming, it is what I expect will happen to all mankind after the door to salvation is closed, and the sign of the Son of man is revealed.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

I can only imagine the horror of being confronted with each and every sin I ever committed at once.

I confess that Jesus is Lord and I know my sins are covered, still I make an effort to confess each sin I commit.

My desire is to stand before our Creator with as many sins confessed as is possible. I ask Him to reveal to me

any sin not now confessed so that I can accomplish my goal.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Denial can be a powerful force. Excessive greed or lust can blind even the most intelligent of people.

I guess that even if there comes a time when the number 666 becomes blatantly obvious, there will still be some who have heard of this number in scriptures (it's part of common folklore now anyway), but rather than see it as a warning they will still find some excuse to explain it away.

Doesn't it say somewhere in scripture that God will eventually close the minds of those who constantly deny him (or words to that affect)?