joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-firm-talks-up-mankinds-recovery-from-the-tower-of-babel/

The Bible ascribes the diversity of languages on Earth — some 6,500 tongues in current usage, according to most estimates — to the hubris of post-flood mankind in seeking to build a tower to heaven, and a divine decision to punish that Tower of Babel construction project by “confounding” man’s capacity to communicate in a single tongue.

Now, an Israeli start-up claims to be perfecting the best means of overcoming that biblical curse of global language barriers.

And it happened in Israel of all places!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Interesting article, though, interesting note, many Biblical scholars put the tower of babel somewhere in mespotamia, (southern Iraq) Just thought id provide that interesting tidbit. :D

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/arj/v4/n1/where-is-tower-babel

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

I believe the tower of Babel is the first beast to rise from the earth, which is why Daniel refered to King Neb as being the head, Its the first place on earth where the first false religion begins, the worship of the sun, moon and stars, the second beast came out of the Media persian empire, the third out of the Greek and the fourth came out of Rome

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

back2, its time to go back to the Bible. The tower Of Babel, was there and gone LONG before daniel or king nebuckanezzer. So if Neb is the head, the tower of babel was not the beast. . .just pointing that out. Your time line is just a wee bit backwards.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This is one of the Biblical stories I thought about ever since I heard that the Earth was moving towards a one world language. However, now with the use of this new software being created we won't need everyone to learn 1 language. We'll have a universal translator. (another idea introduced in Star Trek)

But if God had wanted us to all have 1 language He could have left us that way. I think it's also obvious that man can't build a tower that would reach Heaven, so there must be more to this story than we are told.

I admit this story has always confused me. I don't see why God would be against all of us speaking the same language. Anyone have any ideas?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The sin of babel was that they were in defiance of Gods command that they spread out and fill the earth in Genesis 9.

Genesis 9

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons. And He said to them, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.

Compare that to what the tower builders said.

Genesis 11

4 And they said, Come, let us build us a city and a tower, and its top in the heavens. And let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered upon the face of the whole earth.

Notice too how it was to make a name for themselves, not for the glory of God.

I see no reason today why God would not want us to speak the same language. After all man has filled the earth today. Back then, confusing languages helped get men to scatter and fill the earth as God wanted.